The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Muslim political culture > Comments

Muslim political culture : Comments

By Nayeefa Chowdhury, published 16/10/2006

Muslim political culture: governance and prospects for democracy, focusing on Saudi Arabia, Iran and Indonesia.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Leigh,

“there is no public indication that you Muslims are prepared to do anything except take offence and react emotionally”

I am not responsible for what the media brings on offshore reactions, I didn’t see these reactions in European Muslims, Australian Muslims or American Muslims. I thought you should focus on the actions from these Muslims rather than referring to media quotes of riots in Somalia and Pakistan. After all, referring to offshore reactions contradicts your “I don’t care about what happens outside Australia” comment.

And yes, I have no problems with you criticising bad Muslims just like anyone else does. I have no respect for Muslims who don’t obey the law or value the country we live in. I supported Boaz on many of his comments during the Cronulla riots.

I only engage when you try and link bad behaviour to the faith all other Muslims practice which I find super naïve and counter productive. If every offence committed by an individual will be linked back to their religion we will end up a ‘pointing fingers’ society living in the stone age.

PS: Ignorance of a topic is not a personal insult; you got ego problems to deal with. I don’t believe you represent the silent majority in Australia anyway.

Apologies if you were offended at the end of the blessed month.

Peace & regards,
Posted by Fellow_Human, Tuesday, 17 October 2006 10:03:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ACCORDING TO THE MUSLIM POLITICAL CULTURE, I MUST DESCRIBE THAT THE MUSLIM POLITICAL CULTURE IS CONCERNED WITH THE ISLAMIC JURISPRUDENCE THAT HAS BEEN SENT BY THE ALMIGHTY LORD THE ONLY ONE THE REAL CREATOR ,AND GOVERNING AUTHORITY WHO HAS BEEN SENT THE CELESTIAL HOLY BOOKS BUT THE ULTIMATE ONE IS THE QURAN.

THE MUSLIM POLITICAL CULTURE FOLLOWS THE GOVERNMENT OR RULING SYSTEM THROUGH MORAL, ETHICAL AND PEACFUL WAY TO BENEFIT THE HUMANITY .

SYED ISHTYAQ UR RAHMAN ZULKHARNAIN.
FOUNDER/CREATIVE DIECTOR/WRITER FOR ZENITH PINNACLE
Posted by sirzulkharnain, Tuesday, 17 October 2006 8:26:21 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why is it that western society must put a protective circle around Islam while it is open slather on other groups (christianity, judaism etc)?

A decade ago there was no problem with putting controversial things within newspapers. These days do it at the risk of your own life.

Just take what the islamic group Hizb'ut Tahrir (Australian Branch) said in response to the Pope, the article titled: "Would the Pope dare to attack Islam if the Islamic State (Khilafah Rashidah) had been Established?"

Is this Australian islamic group saying that the Pope was actually correct in what he said? Are they saying that if Islam was a dominant force in the world that the Pope would never have said it because of the fear that muslims would retaliate in a violent way?
Posted by Matt Marazios, Tuesday, 17 October 2006 8:45:42 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Matt Marazios,

Pls take some time to read this:
http://www.juancole.com/2006/09/pope-gets-it-wrong-on-islam-pope.html
Posted by GreenGrin, Wednesday, 18 October 2006 12:46:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I was disappointed in reading this comments column. I'm not academic and had trouble following some of the"argument" in the post. But, no way given the expression demonstrated, did it need to deteriorate to the level of abuse both of good manners and education for people like me.
fluff
Posted by fluff4, Wednesday, 18 October 2006 8:24:09 AM
Indeed they are duplicitous old tarts - thats why I am very cautious about what ever the silent majority tells me - or is reported to have said
Posted by sneekeepete, Wednesday, 18 October 2006 12:55:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy