The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Education, religion and values: Getting the mix right > Comments

Education, religion and values: Getting the mix right : Comments

By Noel Preston, published 5/10/2006

How justified is the values related explanation for the shift to private schools? What is the case for integrating values and schooling?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
I feel I must respond, Christianity is immoral because bottom line it is a cult which seeks exclusion. That out of the way those so called values you mention are values found amongst many cults of differing ilk and atheists alike. But let us examine how the cult of Christianity influences the interpretation of your said values , aside from the horrific history that is the legacy of Christianity from genocide to the Oklahoma. In the context of the occult manuscript the Bible:

Honour your father and mother – The character of Jesus did not honour his mother , he did not righteously take responsibility of his mother, instead he followed an agenda of megalomania wandering around suiting himself.

Do not Murder- If god actually existed he would be the only creature to bring about human genocide in history, additionally the majority of pregnancies naturally abort, making god the master abortionist. If god created everything then god created death which means all death is murder by god. God is synonymous with murder, murder is synonymous with God.

Do not commit adultery - (besides the fact adultery is a body ownership discourse) If Jesus is the son of God and Mary the wife of Joseph then God and Christs mother committed adultery.

Do not Lie – Christians speak of God and Christ and Salvation as if they actually know what they are talking about. The fact is all they say about God and Christ and Salvation is invented by them based on their interpretation (not Knowledge) of occult literature, the Bible. To say God exists is itself a lie.

Do not steal – The entire superstition of Christianity is Stolen from Jewish and pagan sects as well as from the cult of Chrisos.

Do not covert/ Lust – News Flash, its how babies are made. But seriously socially it’s a body ownership discourse which Christianity has proved it has not the awareness and understanding of humanity to be able to address without harm toward the community.
Posted by West, Friday, 13 October 2006 3:08:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We discover Wests whole world view is totally negative. He does not or has not researched life or Christianity, so he makes invalid claims.

He does not like death, and calls God the creator of death. He has a real problem with death as a reality, but he does not believe there is a creator god. The fact is he has a deviant obsession and fear of death. Perhaps a close family member died in his childhood that he has not yet come to terms with.

The nature of all living things is they have a limited lifespan - it is the reality. West will die too but has he made a positive contribution to the living? Christianity is about the fact of living a fulfilled life the enhances others lives. Spending ones life in the blessing of others. One of Jesus last request before his death was to the apostle John to take care of Mary his mother. Which indicates West is both ignorant and wrong. However for this we feel some sympathy for his anxiety, negativeism and emptyness.
Posted by Philo, Saturday, 14 October 2006 3:00:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Philo quite simply you are wrong. However your ignorant accusations prove my point , the underlying values of Christianity are a based on bigotry and exclusionism. Of course I do not wish to die, we only have one life, and I will not waste my life worshipping death as Christians do. When I drive I don’t pray that I make it , I don’t rely on a jesus fish sticker to remind a deity that I am a chosen one , instead I put on my seat belt and concentrate on driving and the road in a well maintained vehicle. When I arrive at my destination it is by no magic (or miracles or power of god as Christians call magic). Death never enters my mind except when idiots don’t give way.
Yes I will die and my family and friends will also die, that is nature.

To accuse me of not making a positive contribution to the living is nothing more than ignorant and empty rhetoric. The fact is Christian ideology throughout its history through to today make only negative contribution to the living, Christianity is a death cult based on superstitiously gained self immortality. Even Christians that claim to help others are not sincere people but do so out of the superstitious belief that to do so will earn them brownie points with an omnipresent monstrous god. Christian values when played out in reality divide communities, spread poverty (often consciously to create opportunity to exploit), create social and psychological terrorism and is a driver of youth suicide.

In the U.S various Christian youth Camps such as Jesus Camp and Homosexual correction camps to prevent young children ever becoming homosexual, Christianity is on the same trajectory as Islam was and soon inevitably we will see Christian terrorists attempting to force that upon us what Muslim terrorists are failing to do. Obviously teaching Christian values to children in schools is the first step in the Christian agenda to prepare children for the future recruitment of Christian terrorists – psychological, social and martial
Posted by West, Saturday, 14 October 2006 11:29:40 AM
Go West!
What fun. I love your dogged determination in this debate.
I am sick of believers claiming the high moral ground simply on the basis of their beliefs. Believe what you want, but I won't respect you just because of the rhetoric of truth, justice and compassion you spout, I will respect you for your actions. It is just as necessary for the pious to prove they are good people as it is for anyone else.
Hence my suspicion of many, particularly the wealthiest, of religious schools. They preach values right enough, but they practice exclusion, snobbery, greed and, often, the quiet dumping of more difficult and less academically successful students on the supposedly "values-neutral" public school down the road. I didn't know entrenchment of privilege was a religious value and then I had a look at human history and saw the actions of most churches and realised it must be.
Posted by ena, Saturday, 14 October 2006 3:13:11 PM
You are so right Ena. Christianity throughout history and to the present ‘talks the talk’ but has proven beyond argument that it cannot “walk the walk”. What good parent would put their child at risk to allow them to be indoctrinated into the cult that inspired all such things from the bloodshed of its Roman revolution , through wars, witch hunting, inquisition, slavery, a liturgy of social and sectarian apartheid through to the teaching of blatant lies to children such as intelligent design, the rise of prosperity cults such as Pentecostalism, Hatred inspired law making in the U.S , including the rhetoric of Family First here at the last election. For its utility and purpose Christianity remains an immoral ideology. A parent that allows others to control their children’s minds is not a competent parent. Parent incompetence has led to a massive child abuse problem within Churches. We must resist allowing ourselves to be controlled by a neo-Taliban movement no matter what deity they worship, Jesus is no justification. Jesus is only one of thousands of idols.
Christian values must never be taught in schools. We know the horror Christianity inflicted upon western society before the separation of politics and religion, a horror being played out in many Islamic countries today. Cults shouldn’t even be permitted to advertise on television. The risk to our Children and their future is far too great; the risk is too great for our nation and society as well.
Posted by West, Sunday, 15 October 2006 11:28:37 AM
Dear Westy (*ouch* Ena :)

There is probably little one can say to dissuade you, because you basically attributed all the worlds ills to God and Chrisianity.

Rather than tackle each one individually, let me look at the root of your position.

You seem to be torn between an idea of God of your own invention, which you are then projecting onto all the Biblical data. You are not so much disbelieving in God, but are simply 'angry' at Him. (it seems to me)

Many of your points need to be addressed one way. (Biblical interpretation) and others need simply historical re-evaluation.
One such example is the 'inquisition'. Clearly a read of the new Testament will demonstrate that this had nothing to do with Christ, but everything to do with human political power. A Monarch ensuring his reign was unchallenged by those who had already demonstrated they would invade and take control of the country (Islamic Moors).

You should give some consideration to the resurrection of Christ, and the conversion of Saul and his own testimony in 1 Corinthians 15.
The contrast between your 'angry man' style and Pauls "Here are the facts" approach could not be more stark.

I won't try to argue each point with you, but will simply underline the proclaimed Gospel which is accessable to you at any time.

Ena. The 'high' moral ground is reserved for God Almighty. We are just signposts, albeit with a lot of dust on them.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Sunday, 15 October 2006 7:42:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy