The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Evolution is the name of the game > Comments

Evolution is the name of the game : Comments

By Graham Young, published 11/9/2006

For the moment, Team Beattie is the Tyrannosaurus Rex of Queensland politics.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
I have sat and eaten brekky with Borbidge, chatted with Springborg at BBQ's and listened to Springborg at his community meetings.

A problem with Springborg is that he was lazy as an Opposition Leader, relying on scaring retired folks by pushing youth as criminals. Instead of getting out there and trying to build up community support, he was out pitting age groups against each other.

Being destroyers is a major problem with all political parties now as they set out to destroy one another and ignore what needs to be built. Liberal and Labor people excel at destroying instead of building. Imagine where Australia would be in these last 10 years of economic productivity if we built instead of pulling everything apart?

I don't know who should lead the QLD Nationals just as yet. I will watch Seeney for a bit but I feel someone with strong leadership ambitions in the background who could just follow in his father's footsets successfully.
Posted by Spider, Sunday, 24 September 2006 10:05:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Perseus,

I don't believe that you need to seperate Queensland into seperate states. As I said to some senior NSW Liberals some years ago, let the Liberals formulate city policy, let the country folk determine country policy for city people have no idea of country issues just country people can't fully decide on city issues.

There is too much wanting to control everything in the thinking of the Liberal Party no matter where in Australia you go.
Posted by Spider, Sunday, 24 September 2006 10:10:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Isnt it Bob Borbidge who is facing pedaophilia charges at present?

I wouldnt be proud of sitting 'and eating brekky with' that creep.
Posted by OZGIRL, Saturday, 30 September 2006 11:14:49 AM
Sheesh, I have not heard of Borbidge on such investigations or trial. You really should be careful of the language though just in case you are wrong.

If you want to know where the kiddies lovers meet up, run along to the ALP and you'll see em there like an exhibition meet up. After all, you know that the L stands for Leperosy and the P stands for Parasites, don't you?
Posted by Spider, Friday, 6 October 2006 12:02:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy