The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Thanks due to a wild character > Comments

Thanks due to a wild character : Comments

By Barry Cohen, published 6/9/2006

Steve Irwin was our best-known export but he played with fire one too many times and confused the environmental cause.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
PK...live and let live I say..if I want to make a fool of myself who are u to stop me...?

And by the way...u seem to have an unhealthy interest following me around threads now?

Peter Brocks death did not resonate with public because he lived his life largely for Peter Brock...his funds supported Peter Brock...noone else.
I dont know, I believe we should give credit where credits due..whats wrong with that?

And yes..I will stand up to pple who knock Steve or anyone who is dead and cant say anything in their own defence...I make NO apolagy for that...
If I knew you PK and heard someone knock u...Id stand up for u in ur absence..thats just the way I am..and Im not ashamed.
Posted by OZGIRL, Tuesday, 12 September 2006 10:59:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You are wrong about that, OZ-GIRL. Peter Brock ran a successful charitable organisation:

http://peterbrockfoundation.com.au/

Brock also worked for almost his entire life to promote the cause of road safety.

Brock's death resonated with the public alright - the media coverage has been just as big as for Irwin. The difference is that there have been no articles that I have seen, questioning the contribution made by Brock. That's because it was unquestionably positive. Brock was an entirely admirable person.

Steve was more or less admirable but also had his faults as many have said.

Watch out for my funeral notice - you can deliver my eulogy.
Posted by PK, Wednesday, 13 September 2006 9:01:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pk ..'running a successful charitible organisation' is not the same as putting your own dollars and cents ,all of them ,into something that helps other pple or animals conservation..
To head up a charity is NOT the same thing at all, one only has to turn up at events etc..

Its just plain silly to say these men, comparatively speaking are anything alike in the way they have dedicated themselves to their life work and the different degrees of time ,energy,passion, love and wealth devoted to the things they strived for..Peter race car driving and Steve to the saving of the worlds animals and conservation for the world..

Not the same thing at all.

Yeah Peter was a nice bloke but I really didnt notice him to be honest.

Peter Brock was a race car driver for heavens sake...
Posted by OZGIRL, Sunday, 17 September 2006 4:49:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy