The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Steve Irwin - even larger in death than in life > Comments

Steve Irwin - even larger in death than in life : Comments

By Jeffrey Wall, published 5/9/2006

The outpouring of sorrow at his passing is growing by the hour.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. All
RObert,
You are a sweetie, but then males have always been the level headed logical ones..thankfully for women the world over..

I guess I did take Celivias words a bit personally and thankfully is all done now.

Celivia...everything is cool..
I too have to admit that on your thread when I 1st posted that my tone was also a little inflammatory and I got you a bit hot under the collar as well..but its all forgotten..
We will indeed move on...Cheers.
Posted by OZGIRL, Friday, 15 September 2006 9:40:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well done, Celivia

I have not been a member of this forum, but I was surfing on the Net and found this horrible conversation going on between Aussies and the Indonesian. I noticed that you can click on a small symbol and see the adversarial nature of some of the participants. It is good to see a voice of calm and reason.

Of particular sadness was the fact that I have friends who have worked hard and given of their time and money to help Indonesia in their time of need. Some of us raised enough money to build a home for orphans. Obviously adversaries on both sides of this conversation were oblivious or indifferent to the efforts some make in view of peace. Just to add weight to my point, I post a few details:

World Vision Appeal update - Last updated: 4 April 2006
Funds raised as at 28 February: $111.3 million
World Vision Australia has now wound down its Asia tsunami appeal following this unprecedented response from members of the public.
The overwhelming generosity from Australians, means that we now have sufficient funds to assist those whose lives were devastated by the Boxing Day tsunami over the next five years.
http://www.worldvision.com.au/appeals/tsunami/

A report from UNICEF released today shows that six months after the disaster:
• Approximately 1.2 million children have been immunised against measles and nearly 850,000 have been provided with Vitamin A supplementation.
• Hundreds of thousands have access to adequate sanitation facilities and more than a million people per day are being reached with safe drinking water.
• Three quarters of a million children have been given school supplies, enabling most to return to school within two months of the disaster.
http://www.unicef.com.au/mediaCentre-Detail.asp?ReleaseID=622

Let us make an effort to do good instead of engendering more hatred and loathing in this world. Only when we cast aside our differences will we make this world a better place. Whether or not we like Steve Irwin or respect what he was doing, we are certainly responsible for our own actions.
Posted by graceal0ne, Friday, 15 September 2006 10:18:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OZGIRL, "You are a sweetie," - why shucks (he says blushing a bit).

Can I comment on
" but then males have always been the level headed logical ones..thankfully for women the world over.."

over on the "Dissing men" thread - it's probably on topic over there.

Cheers
R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Saturday, 16 September 2006 8:21:02 AM
Ozgirl, R0bert

I think I am going to puke.

"but then males have always been the level headed logical ones..thankfully for women the world over.."

Two words:

What the?

Gee, I guess next time I want to cross the road, I'll just ask a 'logical, reasonable' male to take my hand 'cos I'm sooo stupid being female and all.

R0bert - you should be ashamed of yourself, you know full well men and women are as capable or incapable as each other.

Ozgirl - you thought I was a man initially - because you thought my posts were so logical and reasonable. Does your POV mean that if something is stated by a woman it ceases to be rational?

I really don't understand you, Ozgirl, why do you bother putting your opinion on line if you think you are lacking in reason and logic, being a female?

And what the fork does this have to do with Steve Irwin?
Posted by Scout, Saturday, 16 September 2006 9:18:59 AM
Scout..part of me was thinking ,as I typed, tongue in cheek,:)what a fat juicy baited hook...

And in you came ,right on queue....how predictable.

Geee, Scout what was I thinking?
I do not always want to be a strong ball breaking woman, thats my choice,women are allowed to be soft, appreciative of the opposite sex,its the ying and yang element..you cant escape it..we all have our feminine side..even you.

But I reject that you are keeper of my behaviour...feminist or otherwise..

Please respect others rights to have values and opinions that may disagree with yours..and that includes Robert.(sorry Robert..she DID buy into this u know)

We should not be afraid of our feminity Scout we should embrace it..Its tiring being forever militant and vigilant that none would ever objectify a woman, in the society we live what a losing battle and one would be forever angry if we arked up every time we saw a perceived infringement against the rights of women..I just want to get with being a woman and enjoy it. Men and women can be good friends AND respect each other into the bargain..but not to the point that they are afraid to be just who they were born to be.

I get a bit impatient with feminist crap..be a bit original please..we are pple..why create barriers between us..thats all feminism does.Work together.

Uh oh..Im off topic on the Steve Irwin forum, just as you were when you told me off whilst you were on the Steve Irwin forum...Ill not speak on this subject again..Im fine with anything Ive done..you however poked your nose in .
Is your name ROBERT?
Posted by OZGIRL, Saturday, 16 September 2006 4:12:20 PM
Now Scout,was it you who complained about my comments about Natasha Stott-Despoia?I said she was a good sort,my main offence was that I should have used the present tense.Now outwardly both,you and Natasha would be offended by male lustful comments,but secretly it puts a hop in your step and you have positive elevated feelings.

Now here is the hyprocracy at work here,many feminists try to break stereo types by being non conformist,ie no make up and the butch short hair look,then become offended and angry because men ignore them.If you write like a man,show male aggression,we assume you have male characteristics and therefore show no interest.

Sorry this is nature at work here and most normal hetro men are hard wired to like the female form.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 16 September 2006 4:42:20 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. All