The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Where his principles took him > Comments

Where his principles took him : Comments

By David Flint, published 31/8/2006

Don Chipp made a significant contribution to public life in Australia, and he did so because his principles guided him.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Oh how I wish that Don Chipp had been in parliament when the lies about Iraq were being propagandised. Maybe he would have made up for Labor's aquiescence.

I wonder what Chippy would have made of The War For Profit Gang?

Posted by Chris Shaw, Carisbrook 3464, Thursday, 31 August 2006 9:16:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As Neill Brown opined in 'The Australian', Don Chipp was too good for the Democrats.
Posted by Leigh, Thursday, 31 August 2006 10:24:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good article, David.
Posted by DFXK, Thursday, 31 August 2006 11:35:16 AM
Good article David. A fine tribute to a great Australian.
Posted by Rob H - Law101, Thursday, 31 August 2006 1:13:38 PM
Well said David. Thanks for a fair and generous assessment of a decent and principled man.
Posted by wobbles, Thursday, 31 August 2006 2:02:47 PM
I think God will gladly recieve this honest bastard.
Posted by Rainier, Monday, 4 September 2006 7:36:24 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I was 16 and finding my way, I went to a lecture at Uni with my professor and a few other students. There was Don Chip, I became a democrat as I left 3 hours later. This was a time when we as democrats had the power to fight and to get things done. I became a labour girl later,for a short while, and after the fights were over and we as a people in this country lost our voices and our belief that one person can start a major change and keep it happening, I lost faith in all parties. Don Chip needs to be remembered as a man who was willing to say no you dont have the right to do what you want. The people have a say and you are going to bloody well listen and they will be heard by the Democrats.
I watched Andrew Denton last night and there was Don Chip, and I would have joined his party again if he said there and then that he was going to stand. He was a wiser and if possible more intelligent man. There will be someone in our future who will stand out but I dont think from the team in parliment at the moment s/he will be here any time soon.
Posted by alphafemale, Tuesday, 5 September 2006 9:43:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy