The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Hezbollah cannot be destroyed > Comments

Hezbollah cannot be destroyed : Comments

By Clive Williams, published 18/8/2006

Hezbollah has hinted that it is keeping a big surprise for Israel.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
I advise you to read the second part of my last post again about the Jewish refugees we turned away proudly. Add to that the fact that we invited over 700 known nazis to live here after the war.

Not one substantive argument - none. I am aware that only the south of Beirut has been bombed, but it was bombed and bombed until it was rubble yet not one rocket or gun was ever fired from there. Tens of thousands are homeless, the hospitals and schools are gone and they are still finding bodies.

I see no-one bothered to address their own feelings about the Jews - the figure of 61% came from the 2002 Census figures easily available on the net.

42% of all Jews live in the US and 39% in Israel.

There was a post on Haaretz on line a few weeks ago by the survivors of Auschwitz - it probably shocks you to know that their message to the Israeli government was largely not in my name, don't murder in my name.

I agree with them. Now go and read the second part of my post again about the treatment of Jewish refugees. Just because you don't want to face the reality that we sent them away doesn't make it less true.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Saturday, 19 August 2006 7:55:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To Mr Carl.

I am not promoting genocide, merely pointing out that in a situation where a minority has proven to be an unacceptable threat to a majority, genocide is a viable alternative if persecution, assimilation and ethnic cleaning fails to rectify the problem.

In 1251, the world Middle East had a big problem with terrorism. This terrorism was being conducted by the Isma’ili Assassin sect of the Shiite Muslim faith, who were based in the area south of the Caspian Sea, but who also had strongholds throughout the Middle East. The leaders of this sect promised young men an eternity of sexual pleasure if they would do their masters bidding and be trained as “Ashishin” who would gladly sacrifice his own life in order to kill their master’s enemies. (sound familiar?)

For over a hundred years, the ismaili “Ashishin” made life miserable for any person of consequence who dared to defy the ismailis. Their list of victims was long and included some very prominent rulers. It got so bad that nobody in authority went anywhere without wearing his armour under his robes. But the Ismailis made a big mistake, they were stupid enough to put out a “contract” on Mongke, who at that time was The Great Khan. Mongke sent his brother Helugu with a massive army of Mongols to wipe the Ismaili sect right off the face of the earth. This Helugu did quite efficiently. He simply exterminated the entire populations of Ismaili strongholds, wherever he found them. You got to admit, Carl, terrorising terrorists has a poetic ring to it.

You can’t argue with success, Carl.
Posted by redneck, Sunday, 20 August 2006 6:37:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am absolutely shocked at Maralyn Shephard's last post. She is implying that a group of people that she calls "Nazis" are contemptuous.

Maralyn, you of all people must know that it is absolutely PC verboten to stereotype and label an entire class of people because of their religious and social beliefs. That would be prejudging them, which such a PC cardinal sin, that it amounts to blasphemy.

You also appear to be implying that Nazis should not be allowed to immigrate to Australia. But if a boat load of swastica armband wearing Nazi's turned up at Port Darwin in a leaky boat, how could you in all conscience demand that they should be denied automatic right of entry? Or argue that their claims for "refugee" status be processed in Nauru? Especially if they arrived with Hitler Youth children?

Since people with your mindset demand that nobody should be blanked judged according to their group affiliations, you must admit that their must be "good Nazis" and "bad Nazis". And the good Nazis should not be subject to contempt because of the actions of a few bad Nazis.

And preventing Nazis from immigrating to Australia would be discrimination, and I thought that you were opposed to that concept as well?

Honestly Maralyn, I am ashamed at you. Go and throw yourself at the feet of Bob Brown and plead for Absolution from your sinfull heresy.
Posted by redneck, Sunday, 20 August 2006 7:11:44 AM
Clive, a sensible piece, except for:

a) Hezbollah was not founded in 1982. From 82-85 it was in the process of being formed.

b)Hezbollah has denied responsibility for the 1983 US embassy & MNF bombings.

c)To my knowledge Hezbollah has denied involvement in the Argentinian bombings and no real proof exists of their involvement.

d) Your failure to factor in the research of Seymour Hirsh (Watching Lebanon) which reveals that Israel's rampage in Lebanon had been jointly planned by the US & Israel as a prelude for a similar campaign against Iran and was no mere "response to the hostage- taking".
Posted by Strewth, Sunday, 20 August 2006 9:45:57 AM
Clive Williams “Hezbollah cannot be destroyed”

The defeatist believes of some is no reason to assume they are right. Even whilst it may not be “destroyed” that is no reason to leave it to grow and flourish.

Crushing this vile and illegal organisation might not work but it is a lot better than allowing it to fester like an open sore, leading to only greater social malady.

If those who hold western democratic values were to ignore all the other organisations like Hezbollah we would have been annihilated centuries ago, As it is, western values are worth protecting and fighting to protect them is the first rule of survival.

Israeli is the ME model of social success, adherent to democratic values and the target of Hezbollah.

The limp willed leftie appeasers might suggest some moral right of Hezbollah, such is their need for self flagellation and denial but the reality is Israel will not and cannot be destroyed either and Australia has a responsibility to support not only its friends but those nations which share our common democratic values (absent from such places as Iran, the funding and munitions sponsor of Hezbollah)
Posted by Col Rouge, Sunday, 20 August 2006 10:11:59 AM
There is no way Hezbollah will be destroyed or even weakened, while the issues of occupation and recompense remain unaddressed. This talk of ‘western values’ means squat when the west says one thing and does another.

“Spreading freedom and democracy”? Better stencil that on the nosecone of that clusterbomb before dropping it onto Beiruit.

For all that Hezbollah is, they’re the only ones working on behalf of the civilian population. Col you’re going to be very disappointed. As for “supporting those who share our common democratic values” - this tattered phrase holds no meaning anymore. Jus’ words. Like “spreading freedom and democracy”.

Jus’ words, mate.
Posted by bennie, Sunday, 20 August 2006 11:01:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy