The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Battle for the Kingdom of Heaven continues > Comments

Battle for the Kingdom of Heaven continues : Comments

By Sheree Joseph, published 10/8/2006

Muslims and Christians must learn to work together as a unified body in the Middle East.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 19
  9. 20
  10. 21
  11. All
Great article, make some more...
Posted by Marcus, Thursday, 10 August 2006 10:44:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Coach,

I’m not an expert on Semitic languages, but I thought that “Allah” was simply the Arabic word for God. Jesus, who spoke a related Semitic language, called God “Eli” according to Matthew 27:46. My understanding of Islam is similarly limited, but I’ve always understood that the Allah referred to by Arabic speakers has always been considered to be the same God worshipped by Christians and Jews. Not sure what you’re getting at, mate.
Posted by Snout, Thursday, 10 August 2006 10:49:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Religion certainly doesn't cause all wars, and it certainly isn't the source of all of man's problems.

However, the monotheistic religions are essentially an either/or scenario. In a nutshell, it's their way or the highway. There's no room for any plurality, so how can anyone logically propose that they work together as a unified body? At best, the "believers" will have pity on the "non-believers" for what will lead them to hell. History has provided plenty of examples of how it gets worse. "Believers" will never see others as being on an equal footing. Anyone who says they can or do is living in a fantasy land. Oops... That's what religion is all about. My bad.
Posted by shorbe, Thursday, 10 August 2006 10:55:07 AM
"When the Muslims and Christians learn to work together as a unified body than it may become a more formidable force, one that no amount of weapons can destroy."

Nice comment, but it would be good to see the Jewish people included in their as well - though sadly, I can't help but feel that Allah and Yahweh will come to earth as chimps to play ping pong long before that happens.

And Coach - that has to be one of the simultaneously stupid, hilarious and misguided posts I've ever seen -

You say: "Religion is the source of all evil. Always has been and always will be"

and yet: "he (god)lives in the hearts of those who believe in Jesus"

Umm... I'm afraid you now must either:

A) acknowledge the first comment is stupid
B) acknowledge the second comment is stupid
C) renounce Jesus
D) acknowledge you are in fact, evil
E) take an english language refresher course which has a solid section on oxymoronic discourse
F) write some kind of misguided follow up, explaining how Christianity is somehow different to all the other religions who have some ancient book saying 'we're the right one, it's all the others who are wacko'.

I like the article, and agree with it, but I don't really see how its going to happen - until I see some indication that the religiously motivated violence is slowing down, a secular solution is about all we have, as ineffective as they may be.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Thursday, 10 August 2006 11:33:35 AM
Dear mr Coach
I'm a Lebanese Maronite Catholic and I am studying Theology and your telling me that when i refer to God in arabic as Allah it becomes a diferent person... what a joke

You say that Muslims are Deluded, no they are not, they just like anyone else can only know about life by what they have been brought up to see.

Fundamentalist of any religion is what the problem is, now dont get me wrong I am very strong in my faith but I would never treat someone who is not Catholic like dirt! it is that train of thought that has caused most problems in the Middle East,
At Hand Fundamental Jews think that because they are sons of Abraham that they have supremisy over all other humans,
Fundamental Muslims think that all infedels (meaning anyone who is not muslim) should submit or die,
And the fundamental Christians dont turn the other Cheek like you would think that they should or would.
oh and by the way your coment doesnt make sence other than the coment Allah is not God you also talk about how everone should accept Jesus as their Saviour but then you go on and say "Religion is the source of all evil. Always has been and always will be" it just doesnt make sence.

Finaly Sheree good article we need more people like you in this world!

God bless all
Yasouna
Posted by Yasouna, Thursday, 10 August 2006 11:43:06 AM
A pox on all religion!
Posted by Leigh, Thursday, 10 August 2006 11:51:25 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 19
  9. 20
  10. 21
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy