The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Saving the environment is saving ourselves > Comments

Saving the environment is saving ourselves : Comments

By Judy Cannon, published 24/7/2006

Only an international 'coming together' can meet the global warming challenge.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Talk fests are pleasant, especially as a way of relieving the anxiety we all feel about the dire trouble we are in. But their effect is usually to increase the resource consumption of everyone who goes, which is the precise opposite of the only cure for our ills. We're still going backwards, only faster.
Posted by Liam, Wednesday, 26 July 2006 12:00:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wildcat, you said: 'I'll be more than glad to invest in these new solar cells..'

But the thing is you can't, and nor can I. You'll notice that on their website it says:

'Nanosolar is a privately held company with financial backing from an elite group of private technology investors..'
and
'Nanosolar is presently not accepting new capital.'
http://www.nanosolar.com/investors.htm
So, for now at least, they are making sure they can't be bought out.
By the way, allow me to correct myself for saying 'a $100 million' facility. That amount is of course the total of the investment capital rather than the amount spent on the facility. Either way though, it's still big business.

Regarding a 10-year 'Clean Energy' forecast:

http://www.redherring.com/Article.aspx?a=15976&hed=Clean+Energy+Boom+Forecast
Posted by Ev, Thursday, 27 July 2006 1:16:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy