The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Limiting our choices through facile fear > Comments

Limiting our choices through facile fear : Comments

By Colin James, published 12/7/2006

What are we really scared of?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Be afraid. Be very Afraid. The Judas Goat is among us.

Judas Goat: A Judas goat is a trained goat used at a slaughterhouse and in general animal herding. The Judas goat is trained to associate with sheep or cattle, leading them to a specific destination. In stockyards, a Judas goat will lead sheep to slaughter, while its own life is spared.

At a time in human history when:

* The world's population is approaching 7 billion and so called civilised governments who know a collapse is inevitable, boost unsustainable immigration strategies to fill their personal coffers in preparation for THEIR OWN survival

* Information, Energy, property and Governments themselves have been monopolised by a handful of global corporations like Westfield and MacBank and PBL.

it would be foolish to listen to those goats who tell you NOT to be fearful.

These modern day monsters have us in a bind and now are seeking to monopolise our water and food supplies. We had a near miss when Howard tried to sell the Snowy water rights. If he is elected again it will give him the mandate to complete this sale.

Be fearful!

And know that you CAN keep voting Governments that do secret deals (and give pretense to backflip on secret deals) with private enterprise into oblivion. And keep voting them into oblivion till they understand WE will not be betrayed and that WE want the fears they are immigrating and workplacing into our lives substantially redressed.

Australian Governments be on NOTICE.

We know what's goin' on.
Posted by KAEP, Wednesday, 12 July 2006 2:33:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I get somewhat frustrated when I continually hear of the world's unsustainable population.

here's a few crucial points to take note -

Yeah, the population is increasing too fast.

But only throughout the poorer areas of the world.

Australia's birth rate is unsustainable. Our population would drop without immigrants. This is echoed throughout the affluent first world.

At the same time, we can't tell the poor to stop having babies. In the third world, your children support you when you grow old - you need them. Funnily enough, the first world is just learning this now as the elderly proportion grows out of whack.

So this population boom is only happening to the poor - what's the solution?

Make them not so poor!

The western world is incredibly wasteful, and at present there is enough to go around if we share it a little more.

But instead we tell ourselves that there isn't enough, and we need to hold on to what we have, and the third world keeps on getting more populated.

Eventually we won't have a choice, and the world will become truly multicultural. It will be a painful process when it happens and our environment will be in a sorry state, but at least we'll start learning from our mistakes.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Wednesday, 12 July 2006 2:45:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Chris well said but...

I was sitting at home last week when the kids from the street were on holidays from school.

They ranged in age from about 5 to 12 both boys and girls. They were racing thier push bikes along a track in the bushland opposite. A little boy gets a shovel (it was taller than he was) from somewhere and then all proceed to build a dirt hump on the path to jump over. They were having a great time, almost no helmets no padding and probably a few cases of gravel rash.

As the week passed they had built an obstacle course, some older kids helped and they all took turns to play. No harsh words, no tears just squeals of delight.

I talked to my neighbour about how great it was to see the kids having so much fun, she agreed and said that the parents were taking it in turns to keep an eye on them but from a distance.

I understand your article but in my experience it is definately not the norm. Must be a city thing.
Posted by Steve Madden, Wednesday, 12 July 2006 2:47:45 PM
That's great to hear Steve. I would be one of the parents watching out of delight, not fear.

There is a problem though. It is driven by our litagious society with, in turn, obsessed focussed on insurance.

A short while ago, on my Son's 10th birthday, I lead about 8 boys through the bush in our suburb (we're in the Dandenong ranges in melbourne), along a small creek, climbing over slippery logs, squeezing between bamboo, it would soon be dark so we had torches. It was great adventure for them and a wonderful way to learn coordination, discovery, and being responsible if you miss up and fall in the tiny creek.

Then we hear someone screaming at us to get off their property. (Being a creek alongside a dirt road I would be surprised if it was technically his property). This fellow, about 50, came 200 metres down from his house and started swearing at my lunacy for taking these boys for this little walk. He stated he was worried if something happened that he might be sued.

Pleeeeaaase!

We do have a communal responsibility to enable our children to discover, learn and conquer.

Maybe there are too few of us with enough integrity who would take responsibility for their own actions (and not sue - even if they could get away with it) that the community is not prepared to take the risk?

Sad. Very sad.
Posted by brougham, Wednesday, 12 July 2006 4:20:21 PM
I miss cracker night. High risk, certainly. Every year we heard stories of kids who'd blown their eyebrows off, letterbox pranks, the melted palms that resulted from holding a big bunger for too long.

But it was also the best fun we had all year. It was the only thing that got our parents as excited as we were. The risk and the wonder of it got Mum out of the kitchen, Dad out of the office and us away from the TV to join the neighbourhood around a communal bonfire. We compared injuries for weeks afterward and made friends in the process.

Sparklers were for littlies or whimps. Now even they are reduced to the indignity of being confined to birthday cakes, spattering crap all over the icing.
Posted by chainsmoker, Wednesday, 12 July 2006 4:46:21 PM
KAEP... BWWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You're hilarious!

You take a benign article full of analogy loosely discussing risk and choice, and turn it into a government conspiracy?

Time to head out for some more kitchen foil to make yourself a new hat.

The one you've got on isn't blocking out *the voices* anymore.
Posted by JDB, Wednesday, 12 July 2006 8:51:53 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy