The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > It’s the economy, stupid - or is it? > Comments

It’s the economy, stupid - or is it? : Comments

By Roger Smith, published 27/6/2006

Beazley must find a new language that resonates with voters.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
I couldn't agree more, Roger.
There was a time when Beazley may have stood for something, but now, with one eye on his discontented party and the other on TV cameras and opinion polls, we can only expect more vacillation and puffery.
By the way, it was interesting for me to read an old biography on Tony Blair recently. It was striking just how similar the situation in Australia today is to Britain when Blair was starting out. Similarly immense challenges and glorious opportunities exist for the right Beazley replacement. Although she's been tarnished a little, my money is on Julia Gillard. She reads like the cheeky, articulate, bright-eyed young Blair who gradually learnt to make his message clear and palatable through humour, common sense and clever appeal. Like Blair, Julia or another genuine reformer (that rules out Kevin Rudd) will sweep the elections and go on to divert or bisociate entrenched powers for the better.
Posted by CamRuss, Monday, 17 July 2006 11:21:39 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy