The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Zarqawi’s war > Comments

Zarqawi’s war : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 13/6/2006

The death of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi should be cheered by Muslims.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. Page 20
  10. All
far out. Some real wackie pple here.

dee, all Mr Yusf seems to be saying in his article is that Zarqawi killed Shiite Muslims thanks to the propaganda he was fed by the Saudis and their American backers. Why should you have a problem with all this?

i've seen your posts of his other articles. I reckon you really hate Moslems. I reckon other posters here agree with me.

It's wierd you can live in the Eastern Suburbs and only know 1 Moslem. I regularly shop at Eastgardens and see Moslem women all the time. Most of them are from Bangladesh and they are lovely peaceful people. They are also very educated and outgoing.

dee, you really need to get in touch with proper Christian values. Christ taught love. He didn;t teach you to hate your fellow humans, even if they believe in differnt things to you.

if you hated Moslems less, you might be able to understand the article. you migyt actually realise Mr Yusf hates terrorists as much as yuou do.
Posted by Smart Chappy, Monday, 3 July 2006 12:23:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Smart Chappy <Why should you have a problem ..>

The ‘fed propaganda’ comment is simply another way of evading responsibility. The actual killers never appear to be at fault – they have all been ‘fed lies’, ‘radicalised' etc. I want to see responsibility placed where it belongs. Zarqawi was a psychopathic bigot who took great pleasure in torturing and killing - but no doubt he was a choir boy before those nasty Americans ‘radicalised’ him. Will Irf (or any Muslim) defend US marines accused of murder on the grounds that they were 'fed lies'?

< I reckon you really hate Moslems.>

Reckon whatever you like. I have no intention of swearing that I don’t hate *all* Muslims every time I criticise Muslims or Islam.

Re article – Irf and I have had many skirmishes, we got sidetracked here. I have no doubt at all that Irf hates terrorists. I think he is a man of good faith doing his best to counteract some of his more radical fellow Muslims. There you are Irf, bet you never thought to hear me say that.

I don’t live in the Eastgardens part of the eastern suburbs but I didn’t say that I only know one Muslim. Reread the post, I said that I have a friend who is Muslim who has never noticed that I ‘hate’ her. I mentioned her only because Irf implied that I am cowering in a ‘safe’ suburb and never see a Muslim; I responded that I see and talk to Muslims every day and have Muslim work colleagues. I have also seen the effect at first hand of large scale Muslim immigration on Europe. Have you?

<..are lovely people>

I don’t doubt it, but these Muslims are not the ones who bother me. I have said many times that I have no problem with Muslims who live peacefully in Australia, obeying the law and integrating with society but Irf (and others) never seem to read that, they read only the bits criticizing Islam and extremist Muslims.
Posted by dee, Monday, 3 July 2006 1:29:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Zarqawi was victim of Al Qaeda plot with Americans: wife"

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticleNew.asp?xfile=data/focusoniraq/2006/July/focusoniraq_July12.xml&section=focusoniraq

ROME - Abu Musab Al Zarqawi, the head of Al Qaeda in Iraq, was 'sold to the Americans' because he became too powerful, his wife Um Mohamed said in an interview published on Sunday.

'My husband had become too powerful and he was no doubt bothering someone,' she claimed in an interview with the Italian newspaper La Reppublica.

He 'bothered someone' - Hacking the heads off bound captives will do that .. A dead 'martyr' is always easier to manipulate than a live maniac I suppose.

The 16 year old 'wife' and baby killed with him were ...?

Public televi$ion $tation Iraqia reported that one of the Jordanian member$ of Zarqawi’$ entourage had revealed hi$ whereabout$ to the Iraqi force$.

Of course, they could be lying to cover up the fact that it was really Osama who was jealous of Z's growing power etc etc.
Posted by dee, Monday, 3 July 2006 2:40:06 PM
I'm with the earlier poster "saintfletcher" - in that I'm concerned about this new method of policing.

Sure, AZ was by all accounts a nasty piece of work. I'm willing to accept that - but I would still expect that some other method of capture be attempted. I would also expect a trial.

I feel the same about Israel shooting missiles into settled parts of Palestine.

These weapons have a legitimate use in attacking military targets - tanks, SAMs, fighter aircraft, warships. Extending them to policing.. seems immoral, cowardly, and ignorant. Those ordering such activities should do more research on the western values and philosphy that they supposedly seek to spread.
Posted by WhiteWombat, Monday, 3 July 2006 10:49:27 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. Page 20
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy