The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Zarqawi’s war > Comments

Zarqawi’s war : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 13/6/2006

The death of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi should be cheered by Muslims.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 18
  9. 19
  10. 20
  11. All
This is just an assortment - any chapter you turn, every page, has a few verses.

Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. If they attack you, then kill them. Such is the reward of disbelievers. (But if they desist in their unbelief, then don't kill them.) 2:191-2

War is ordained by Allah, and all Muslims must be willing to fight, whether they like it or not. 2:216

Allah will bestow a vast reward on those who fight in religious wars. 4:74

Believers (muslims) fight for Allah; disbelievers fight for the devil. So fight the minions of the devil. 4:76

Christians are disbelievers for believing in the divinity of Christ. 5:17

Life for life, eye for eye, nose for nose, ear for ear, and tooth for tooth. Non-muslims are wrong doers. 5:45

Christians will be burned in the Fire. 5:72

Allah turns Jews into apes! 7:166

Those who deny Muhammad's revelation are evil. 7:177

Those that the Muslims killed were not really killed by them. It was Allah who did the killing. 8:17

The worst beasts in Allah's sight are the disbelievers. 8:55

Don't let the disbelievers think they can escape. They are your enemy and the enemy of Allah. 8:59-6
Posted by coach, Tuesday, 13 June 2006 2:25:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Grab your Qur'an and find us a quote please".

* "Fight and slay the Unbelievers wherever ye find them. Seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem of war." (Qur'an, Sura 9:5)

* "When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield, strike off their heads and when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly." (47:4)

* "Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah, and those who reject faith fight in the cause of evil: so fight ye against the friends of Satan." (4:76)

* "Then when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolators wherever ye find them, and take them captive, and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo, Allah is forgiving and merciful." (9:5) (the ‘poor-due’ refers to religious tithes ie, if the ‘idolators’ become Muslims, then they should be left alone)

* "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and his messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission and feel themselves subdued." (9:29) (NB: the jizya is a tax levied upon ‘non-believers)

* "Allah hath purchased of the believers of their person and their goods, for theirs (in return) is the garden (of paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth." (9:111)

There are dozens of similar quotes. What is the purpose of such verses, if not to preach violence against non-Muslims?

Koran 8:60: "Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into the hearts of your enemies and others besides, whom ye may not know, but whom Allah doth know."

Jesus Christ (Matthew 5:44): "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."
Posted by dee, Tuesday, 13 June 2006 2:30:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Very good!
Which goes to prove that following a literalist faith is really stupid no matter who writes the words down.

P.S. I will require more than my 300 words quoting contradictions in the Christian/Jewish scripture so I simply trust that you know all about this embarrassment already.
Posted by Priscillian, Tuesday, 13 June 2006 2:35:21 PM
If someone appeared on international TV and the internet and allowed himself to be photographed beheading people and threatening to kill me just because I belonged to the wrong sect or religion or community, I'd be quite happy if he were killed.

But then again, given even more recent reports that he was alive for 50 mins after the bombing, I now wonder why he wasn't arrested and brought to trial. Perhaps he might have told the Iraqis the location of hundreds of Iraqi and Western hostages.
Posted by Irfan, Tuesday, 13 June 2006 3:05:02 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Priscillian,

the contradictions between Old Testament & New Testament writings exist because the OT is a bit like the Koran; a monocultural expression of faith in old terms.

The NT is what should be compared with both the OT & Koran, and hopefully one can see that it is a more universal text that has love as its basis. Surfe there are phrases that acknowledge that family will be pitted against each other on such an important issue, and yes, Jesus lost it in the temple, but, violent quote for violent quote leaves Cardinell Pell in the clear...
Posted by Reality Check, Tuesday, 13 June 2006 4:51:43 PM
Priscillian – you did not ask for examples of ‘contradictions’ in Jewish/Christian scripture, you asked for quotes providing proof that ‘Terrorism is THE central piece of the islamic jihad for world dominance...’ I believe I have provided all the proof required - I was limited only by the 350 word rule. The Koran is full of quotes instructing faithful Muslims to mistreat, convert by force, or kill ‘non-believers’.

Why should Judeo-Christian ‘contradictions’ be an embarrassment to me? Regardless of the contradictions you cite, there are no Christian or Jewish terrorist groups beheading bound captives for others of their creed to salivate over, or threatening to impose their belief system on the rest of the world – but the Koran should certainly be an embarrassment to those who would have us believe that Islam is a ‘religion of peace’.

There have been thousands of attacks worldwide by Muslim religious Fascists, many wholeheartedly supported by Islamic clerics, sheiks and imans - guess they must have misunderstood all those peaceful verses in the koran and led their followers astray.

I do not see one Muslim country where there is freedom, tolerance of any kind, progress or peace - but we are supposed to believe this has nothing to do with Islam?
Posted by dee, Tuesday, 13 June 2006 5:06:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 18
  9. 19
  10. 20
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy