The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Speak up in defence of free speech > Comments

Speak up in defence of free speech : Comments

By George Williams, published 21/6/2006

Australia's sedition laws are too narrow and need urgent redrafting.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Hey Spider,

Why is the NSW Labor Government shaped like a BOOT?

Is it because they discriminate against ordinary NSW citizens in favour of European Immigrants?

Is it because their basix laws mean no one except foreign and big investors can afford to build or even renovate any more in NSW? They KNOW how to attract developers alright. Give them a total building MONOPOLY.

Is it because they want to attract investors who only want to invest where the public can be shown to no longer have a say? New Investors don't want a repeat of the desal collapse or the cross city tunnel cave-in now do they?

Is it because they care more about the price of Pizza and sushi than they do about NSW citizens? http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/sydneys-cheap--its-pizzas-apart/2006/06/21/1150845247858.html

Is it because the more they spend on Sydney infrastructure the worse our police, hospitals, trains, roads and justice systems get?

Is it because they branch stack, forum stack and seat stack our rich democratic systems till they are gutted and useless to all but Labor party counts, contessas, thugs and faithfuls?

Is it because they kick rural NSW in the guts and transfer all their taxes to Sydney infrastructure projects so they can create THEIR 'New York of the Pacific' and ponce around like little Mayor Bloombergs?
http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Sartor-takes-control-of-CUB-development/2006/06/21/1150845245085.html

Is it because the top five power figures are Italian descendants who are trying to run NSW like a Mafia operation?

Or is it just that NSW Labor is shaped like a BOOT because you can't fit that much sh$t in a SHOE?

No that's what I call free speech. The nightmare of it is --- that its all TRUE.

If you value freedom in NSW don't vote for NSW LABOR in March 2007 -- just don't do it!
Posted by KAEP, Thursday, 22 June 2006 11:33:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I can't see how NSW on a map could possibly resemble a boot. NSW? Well its just a box really, maybe a bit like Mark Latham's head. Sorry Mark. Don't hit me please!

They're gonna need more than sedition laws to shut my mouth. Or the mouths of the Australian people. The film: "V for Vandetta" had a good point: "we should not fear our Governments, the Governments should fear their own people". We are huge and they are tiny. Sedition laws are just an exercise to try to invert this reality. It is a sign of their weakness, not their strength. They are only brainwashing us in believing that all our efforts in speach and freedom and peace are futile. To the US: former President Harry Trueman "without the stars, there is just darkness".

Are we really in darkness now? Are we part of the darkness? Or are we the stars that are denied the brilliance of democracy? "Don't wait for the messiah! If you are selfless, and are an activist for peace, you are part of the Messiah. The Messiah is not a man. The Messiah is the people. You, the activists, are the Messiah": Cindy Sheehan, peace activist.

When will we put our stars back on our flags? We earn our rights in democracy by our actions, not by our fear and denial. We retreat to our masters and they make us slaves. We stand and look them in the eye and demand to respect their own people, then we win back our rights.

"If you can't change the corporations, if you can't change the Governments, you have to change yourself" Martin Luther King Jr. This inspired Rosa Parkes to change to the white side of the bus, and the rest is history. Sedition? They did try to arrest her. Who won? The people. We are huge, and Howard is a tiny little piss-ant. Don't believe the hype!
Posted by saintfletcher, Friday, 23 June 2006 3:57:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Saintfletcher,

Can't you read?

I said "the NSW LABOR PARTY" is shaped like a boot.

How else could Iemma, Costa, Sartor, Della Bosca and Tripodi trample all over the rights of the ordinary citizens of this once great state of New South Wales without getting their feet dirty!
Posted by KAEP, Friday, 23 June 2006 4:17:46 AM
BD
Quote "Now, viola....they have FOUND actual weapons in Iraq, containing Saran etc. Not to mention the testimony from one of Sadaams pilots who admitted taking loads of them to Syria."

Ah EVERYONE knew about the nerve gass that Sadam had BD. It was supplied by the US government. Quite openly too. They supplied it for him to use in his was against Iran.

But Sadam NEVER had the means of manufaturing the stuff [and America ceased supplying the stuff after the war with Iran stopped] & in any case nerve gas is difficult to use over a large area. However the American government implied that Sadam possessed, or at least possessed the means to manufacture, nuclear weapons. No such weapons, or facilities, have ever been found.

Don't sign yourself up for the clear thinkers club just yet :)
Posted by Bosk, Friday, 23 June 2006 12:59:14 PM
I can read KEAP but you can you stick to the topic? My comment was ironic, but I doubt you know what irony is. The topic is on sedition laws from the Howard Federal Governent. You seem to be barking up the wrong tram. You are talking about NSW State issues of their buget. Was this in the subject matter? No. Was this in the article? No. It is a figment of you intruding in the wrong page. There is another page for that topic, KAEP, now go there.
Posted by saintfletcher, Saturday, 24 June 2006 4:35:26 AM
SaintF,

The only irony here is that you predicate your name with the word saint.

And I suppose that if I point out that as an example of free speech my post was entirely relevant, you would say your latest misinterpretation of it was just another irony.

Personally I just think you are comprehensionally challenged.
Posted by KAEP, Saturday, 24 June 2006 6:41:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy