The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Too much economy > Comments

Too much economy : Comments

By Kym Durance, published 30/5/2006

Oil prices, stock markets, currencies, interest rate speculations: saturation economic reporting?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
I agree with Richard. Financial data is not economics. And it would be nice if journalists asked meaningful questions rather than offering superficial answers.

Having said that it still takes too long for me to find the gold price in the newspaper on those days when I go looking for it.
Posted by Terje, Tuesday, 6 June 2006 11:15:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We can have an environment without an economy, but we cannot have an economy without an environment.

Where is the news coverage on the state of our environment.

How much money was spent today safeguarding the envoronment?
Is the air in your city safe to breath today.
Is your tap water safe to drink?
How many tonnes of greenhouse gas did Australia produce today? (John Howard a major contributor).
Posted by Peace, Sunday, 11 June 2006 9:41:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Too much macro-economics and little or no micro-economics in the news I would say.
Posted by savoir68, Sunday, 25 June 2006 7:11:25 PM
Every religion needs constant reinforcement, especially ones with as many impossible beliefs as this one. But that doesn't mean stock prices are irrelevant, its our retirement funds they're gambling with.
Posted by Liam, Monday, 26 June 2006 10:19:46 AM
Gayle -- curious way to find out IF KYM is the same Kym Durance, i knew in schooldays -- if so HI! Lets exchange a few parenting/being kids once -- ourselves --- moments. If not, let a world of wide eyes wonder why people take an opportunity just to touch base with old times. SMILE & take time out from today to visit with an old friend. :-) not everyone has hidden agendas :-)
Posted by SWEENEY, Saturday, 19 August 2006 12:48:35 AM
Sweeney it is indeed I - I shall seek you out as best i can. :) rgds Kym
Posted by INKEEMAGEE2, Sunday, 5 November 2006 11:31:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy