The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Afghanistan's ugly truth > Comments

Afghanistan's ugly truth : Comments

By Mariam Rawi, published 24/5/2006

A country where women are not counted as human beings and are treated worse than cattle.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
BOAZ_David: Your a bit hard on Marilyn mate, yes though not pleased with asylum seekers coming here,I do agree with her. For an Afhgan woman to confront strange males would be daunting. Don't forget where they come from they are treated worse than dogs by their own, so-called, men. Apparently it's the -HERE IT COMES FOLKS!- pagan moslem way. Not only in this 'age' either, big al did say that not many women would make it to paradise. It seems that they can not be as thoroughly decent as the pagan - another naughty name - moslem males. I mean how many women have sawn/hacked a captives head off? So you see they are lacking in common humanity and moslem righteousness. numbat
Posted by numbat, Friday, 26 May 2006 3:22:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Show me absolute evidence not distortions that muslim people in Australia have forced us to change our culture.

And then show me absolute evidence that white invaders changed their culture to that of the indigenous people.

For heavens' sake there is a strange disconnect with reality in much of this anti-muslim ranting.

There are only 300,000 muslims in Australia, they have been here initially since the 1830's - where is the evidence that women in OZ are forced to wear Burkhas, or attend the local mosque, or are being slaughtered in their beds.

Good grief, i am so tired of this tripe you guys write without a trace of evidence any of it is happening here.

Tell me how many of you know any Afghan women? Come on.

Why are you so wary of facts instead of hysteria? Maybe it escaped your notice - Mariam is an Afghan woman.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Friday, 26 May 2006 4:40:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Marilyn: Moslems have been here for yonks, but not in the numbers we have today. Years ago they did not propose to change our laws, today sharia law is preached for Australia. Also preached is that democracy is not islamic. Now Marilyn have a look at TV news, read a newspaper, go to web sites and you tell us without a smirk should we be wary of these death-loving, brutal, misogynistic pagan moslems? After hearing about Afghan women would you like to live under moslem rule with their brutal bloodsoaked inhumane stinking sharia law? If not please wake up dear! numbat
Posted by numbat, Friday, 26 May 2006 5:51:26 PM
Marilyn one of your posts implied a lack of acceptance to our ways by some migrants, my comments were in response to that.

I think that BD and others have posted enough references to comments by Kaiser Trad etc to show that there are some muslims living in Australia who despise our western culture. Likewise the behaviour of what appear to be mostly Lebanese muslim gangs around Sydney over a number of years provides fairly strong evidence that some just don't get it.

For my part I think that most "mossies" accept the realities of living in this culture and try and find ways of living their faith without imposing it on others. As with the christain church some refuse to accept that others do not see things the way they do and try and force their own taboo's on others. Sitting at a distance that type of approach seems to be a much bigger issue in Sydney than in SE Qld.

European settlers clearly did not addapt too or respect the local culture when they arrived here. There were things thay could have learned from the locals and things the locals could have learned from them. I was not amongst those settlers (I'm not as old as that).

Should we never try and do stuff better than it was done in the past?

Western culture has changed massively since that time, hopefuuly in many ways for the better.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Saturday, 27 May 2006 12:41:09 PM
Numbat, what a tirade. Every single muslim person is a murdering thug and criminal are they? Should I tell that to my dear friend Amin whose greatest joy was getting his 5 year old stepdaughter a full scholarship at a catholic school so she would grow up tough and smart in her new country?

Or how about my beautiful girl Fatima, the only girl with 5 brothers, whose murdering thug of a dad wept with me when he explained that his only girl was the most important person in the world to him - we had locked this beautiful girl in a cell in Port Hedland with dysentery for 5 months without proper medical care and her family of 8 shared one room . Fatima is now studying law after doing 12 years education in 4.

How about Firoozeh, an educated girl from Iran, who nearly died of cold and para-typhoid in Woomera while she was pregnant with her baby girl? Was it a murdering muslim who put this young muslim girl there? No it was our deranged government.

I suggest numbat that you develop a bit of common sense before I say something stupid like "all catholic priests are raving pedophiles".
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Saturday, 27 May 2006 3:09:45 PM
As a postscript to this article, I recently noticed that a line in that pig Zarqawi's "CV" actually credited him with being a local journalist in Afghanistan many years ago.

What a great service of accurate and unbiased reporting the pig must have brought RAWA and the women of Afghanistan. He was not only a foreigner but if that was an example, and not an aberration, of the kind of "Man" occupying jobs in their Afghani "media" (we know there were no women), no wonder the world failed to hear accurately and early about the misogyny and racism of jihadism and compatible primitive tribal customs. We do not create pigs of this kind in this country so it takes all our powers of belief to comprehend that such animals exist elsewhere. But now we know.

In a situation where an imported islamist enemy is narrating the history of one's own country, well, to paraphrase Marian, "Surely you will agree with me and my people that such a country cannot be considered truly free and liberated."
Posted by Ro, Monday, 12 June 2006 3:45:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy