The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Honest sleaze or bigoted shock jock? > Comments

Honest sleaze or bigoted shock jock? : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 19/5/2006

Rex Hunt has shown himself to be a 'sleaze' and a 'hypocrite' but at least he is honest about his sexual peccadilloes.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Rex aint the only bloke from that generation to live this lifestyle.

He just got brought undone as the woman he was being sly with was extorting him and he had no option but to reveal it himself first.

He was backed into a corner, i would have done the same thing, there is no such thing as an HONEST SLEAZE and he thought he was in the crap and this was his best option, to cop it on the chin but more importantly get his side of the story out before hers, and ostracise himself so badly that everyone else does not.

He is not the first and wont be the last bloke to do this sort of thing.

Alot of Men have high libido's and sex and love are 2 different things, and this bloke just picked the wrong crazy clingy woman to get tangled up with.

Serve him right for playing the game, but make no mistake he has not done it out of honesty, he has done it out of having little logical choice.

You have gotta love the old wealthy blokes who think they are 25 and can splash some cash to get some love.
Posted by Realist, Friday, 19 May 2006 10:19:48 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Who is Rex Hunt anyway? He hasn't really crossed my radar lately, if at all. If he is a "shock jock", he is yet another to be ignored as far as I am concerned.
Posted by schu46, Friday, 19 May 2006 11:11:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"He (or she)....who is without sin.... may cast the first stone" Jesus

"I came that they might have life, and have it abundantly".. Jesus

And he went about proclaiming the Kingdom of God, "The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the good news!"

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins."

I hope all of us will do some serious self examination before picking up the half bricks to chuck at Rex. ..shame and humiliation in the face of his wife and children. The thought sends shudders through my spine.

Rex said "Did I commit a crime ?...no, did I commit a moral outrage ? yes" (words to that effect) He is right, we may have decriminalized some sexual adventurism, but does that change its moral significance ?
Maybe this shows WHY adultery was criminalized once ? Gods standard never changes, even though our laws might.

If we as a community send the message that such and such is not really 'bad'(criminal) is it possible that we are more likely to do such things knowing we will never serve time or be fined for it ?
If it is as outrageous and bad as Rex says, why DON'T we make it an offence ?

If it was a crime, perhaps Rex would have thought twice before entering this relationship ?

Perhaps this illustrates most poignantly, that there are some things we can NEVER....EVER change, they are done, we have crossed the line, we cannot turn the clock back, our family knows, our friends know, the nation knows, most of all God knew and knows....we can ONLY be forgiven, if we truly turn our hearts to Christ who took the penalty on himself for us... and because of that... we CAN be forgiven, there is no...other....way. I hazard a guess that if Rex cannot find this forgiveness freely offered in Christ, he may even contemplate suicide.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 19 May 2006 11:12:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hang on a minute Boaz. Let's hope suicide is only contemplated here (better still - not even allowed to enter Hunt's mind).

Even if all Hunt's mob turn their backs on him, even if the stones are thrown helter skelter ( and he deserves a bit of his own medicine), even if some self-righteous prat convinces him that there is no Godly forgiveness, let's hope that Hunt can take it on the chin and come out of this a stronger and wiser person.

There is an old saying posters: ""...no one can rise superior to his individual failings, without lifting, be it ever so little, the whole body of which he is an intergral part. In the same way no one can sin, nor suffer the effect of sin alone." (True karma - not the populist nonsense getting around.)

In these situations people seldom consider the effects on family. Mrs. Hunt has been very understanding. I am sure there are many people around Australia who know her pain. I would like to see more positive attention paid to the ones who are betrayed.

As a consequence, there are many who need to take responsibility for causing that pain.

Let's hope Rex Hunt grows up at last. Time will tell.(Resillence
Posted by rancitas, Friday, 19 May 2006 11:53:39 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rex Hunt is the rudest, crudest thing to be let loose on the airwaves. Thankfully, those of us west of the Great Dividing Range don't have to suffer him regularly as you poor easterners do.
Posted by Leigh, Friday, 19 May 2006 11:57:13 AM
BD, "He (or she)....who is without sin.... may cast the first stone"

It seems to me when that was said it had the effect of decriminalising "sexual sin". Particularly when combined with the bit from the same authorative source about a look and a bit of wishful thinking being as good as the deed (well not quite but you know what I mean).

I recall a confession on your own part a while ago to having used the optic nerve occasionally yourself. We'll miss you around here while you serve your sentence (unless they let you off with a fine).

Back to the topic - there seems to be a significant lack of accountability amongst the "shock jocks" from what I've heard of them. Personally I think those who go about proclaiming a moral standard they are not prepared to live by themselves are amongst the worst but I can see Irf's point on this. Jimmy Swaggart along with a heap of christain pastors who have found the need to explore the delights of the church secetary come to mind along with those gents from the Sydney region so outraged by western dress but who don't mind the odd lewd comment and or gang rape.

Rex's infidelities are an issue between himself, his wife and the ladies involved. The only reason they have any place in the public domain is in the context of Rex's reported public stance on morality.

His open admitance that he regards what he says in public as trash should give pause to those who take what shock jocks have to say as anything other than a verbal version of professional wrestling. Some violent comic relief but no real substance.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Friday, 19 May 2006 12:27:38 PM
Irfan, is this about Rex Hunt or Cronulla? Television celebrity or how bad the muslims are treated?
Celebrities are of little interest to the majority but muslim behaviour is of vital interest.
Which one were you writing about?
Posted by mickijo, Friday, 19 May 2006 3:19:57 PM
Maybe Howard should fess up and tell the Australian public about his deceit - problem is, I don't think we'll forgive him
Posted by Country Unionist, Friday, 19 May 2006 4:11:47 PM
‘… certain cultures and religions encourage ... young men to sexually abuse white-skinned women...'

Australian teenage girls were subjected to hours of sexual degradation during the Sydney gang rapes, told that they were 'sluts' and 'Aussie pigs'. The victims were told they were about to be 'f---ed Leb style'.

Pakistani rapist MSK committed attacks on girls as young as 13 because they had no right to say "no". Since their faces were not covered: "I'm not doing anything wrong".

The number of rapes committed by Muslim men worldwide against western women in the last decade is so incredibly high that it cannot be due to anything other than culturally influenced behaviour.

‘... talkback hosts insult, malign and defame ...'

* ‘The criminal dregs of white society colonised this country, and now, they only take the select choice of other societies, and the descendants of these criminal dregs tell us that they are better than us’.

* ‘ …from the Muslim viewpoint, our ideology is the best salvation for the people of Australia ... Yes, we are a threat to the culture of drunkenness, paedophilia ...’

* ‘They do not film a fat Australian woman in tight bicycle shorts, or tight pants, or an Australian drunk, or a nun, or an Australian welfare cheat. NO, they show a Muslim woman wearing a Hijab ... it would be okay if this same woman walked around in bicycle shorts, with her body vulgarly bulging out to the point of regurgitation.’

* 'In a way, they feel safe because of the quantity of water which surrounds this country, so they feel fortified behind this great body, it gives them a feeling of security. But the reality is, the land belongs to God, not to them, and if those foreigners ... are not permitted to enter as migrants, they will come as settlers, in numbers so large that they will not be able to process them, hold them, or stop them. What will they do then?’

All quotes are from Muslim 'spokesman' - or should that be 'shock-jock' - Keysar Trad.
Posted by dee, Friday, 19 May 2006 9:31:15 PM
Well said Dee.Irfan has lost any credibility he had months ago.I haven't heard Rex Hunt make any references to the Cronulla riots and his sexual antics are none of our business.The righteous like Irfan are full of double standards and hypocracy and it beats me how this article has past the test of honesty and any intellectual rigour.

When Irfan's tenants fail the test of logic ,he becomes as bigotted and biased as those whom he criticizes.

Where are your "Armchairs of Nazis" Irfan,who can protect your feeble minded assertions?
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 20 May 2006 12:38:38 AM
[Deleted. See post by Boaz-David below.]
Posted by BOAZ_David, Saturday, 20 May 2006 9:35:16 PM
Rex was only remorseful because he got caught. He freely admitted that he would otherwise still be doing the same thing today.
Parading his betrayed wife through the media was a cheap and tawdry shot.

I thought the whole sordid thing was cut-and-dried but from some of the previous posts, apparently the Muslims are somehow implicated in this. Better start checking for them under the bed.
Posted by rache, Saturday, 20 May 2006 11:25:24 PM
I don't give a rat's *rse about Rex's playing around; its not my business or my prurient interest.

I do care about beaches becoming no-go areas due to sexual harassment and drug dealing by gangsters...
Posted by ChrisPer, Sunday, 21 May 2006 1:02:15 PM
I just wonder about all those fish he kissed and threw back are feeling? Yibada Yibada
Posted by Rainier, Sunday, 21 May 2006 6:31:53 PM
Chris per & Darp

Just to let you know that using * to censor a profanity can get you delted and suspended. I find it interesting that Rancitas, that pagan, is recommended for deletion when he does this. No doubt the dogooder, Christian, politically-correct mob are a little hypocritical in other areas as well. I was deleted and suspended for a month for using *# to sensor a bad word. So be careful - especially if you are a pagan with wicked sense of humour. Now was it the joke or the swearing that got the PC Christians'shackles up? For those who missed it.

PASTOR RANCITAS here. For today's sermon I admonish all Christian to go and get (really bad evil word) or forever be condemned to fires of hell. The fires of hell I tells ya'. There the walls a nine miles wide (according Joyce) and the air is rancid. Tennyson I'll deal with you later. But first an old story/joke for you all. Once there was a muslim lad who was put to death at the hands of a "heroic" Crusader. He found himself at the gates of heaven. The fellow at the gate says: "Welcome my son come and I'll show you around." The lad was introduced to the Buddhists, Islamists, Hindus,Pagans, atheists and so on. "What are these mobs doing here?" asks Muslim lad. "Oh," says our heavenly guide, "We don't judge people acccording to their professed belief but on how they act."

They continued on their orientation and soon came upon a great wall. "What's behind this wall." asks muslim lad. "Oh," says heavenly guide, "that's where the Christians reside". The guide then whispers from behind his palm. "God has a wicked sense of humour. You see - they think they are the only ones up here. Hee! Hee!."
(Raindrops)

Most likely the person who recommended the post for deletion may also tell you how evil Islam is for wanting to sensor folk ((: Left handed-smile there. (Right handed smile here. :). (Evil swear word here @#$%&**^)
Posted by rancitas, Monday, 22 May 2006 4:51:23 PM
PS Actually that wasn't really a swearword but a bunch of little squiggly lines representative of nothing in particular. So please don't take offense moral PC dears. Besides I have given up swearing.

I heard a tape of Naomi Robson off camera using swearing that would make the biggest sleazy, bigoted hypocrite in the world reform. I am even considering giving up being an anti-racist after trying to talk some sense (and being banned for that) with the lads and girls on FDB. (TANGENTS)
Posted by rancitas, Monday, 22 May 2006 4:59:40 PM
RETRACTION and APOLOGY

People.. I have made a mistake. I misrepresented Kaysar Trad, based on recollection of an Article in the SMH which I should have checked before posting.

1/ Kaysar has 9 children to his legal wife.
2/ The article refers to his becoming obsessed (his wifes words) with another woman. 1998
3/ His wife suggested he marry her also.
4/ There is reference and discussion about her having to be 'unofficial' due to Australian law.

5/ I had no grounds for suggesting he is living in adultery 24/7 based on this article, it was based on flawed recollection, though the tone and overall impact is suggestive that while his obsession with her faded, it does not state his involvement did. That is inconclusive.

Please refer to the article yourselves.
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/10/01/1033283486605.html

Apologies to all, and specifically to Kaysar Trad for this regrettable post of mine.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 22 May 2006 8:56:19 PM
BD, thank you for your admission of error and retraction. If that was unprompted (Kaiser's solicitor has not been on the phone to you has he? :) ) then I applaud it.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Monday, 22 May 2006 9:18:57 PM
Onya, BD. Again. We'll make an agnostic of you yet. (Friendly joke).
Posted by anomie, Monday, 22 May 2006 9:21:43 PM
"Oh," says our heavenly guide, "We don't judge people acccording to their professed belief but on how they act." "

This is sort of off the topic, but I thought that was a really interesting line. As an 18 year old girl who grew up predominately in inner city Melbourne, I have been (and continue to be) exposed to many philosophical and religious beliefs. One of the things that really strikes me about Christianity is how it deals with sin.

From the above quote, one might ask, how have you acted in your life? Do you deserve to go to heaven? Why or why not?

Many people believe if they outweigh the good stuff with bad stuff it'll make them good enough to get in. Some religions teach maybe God will have mercy, maybe he won't (and there's no way you can really know one way or the other... good luck!). Still other beliefs teach there's no such thing as heaven and perhaps not even morality.

But Christianity says "no, I have not acted well enough, I don't deserve to get into heaven". Then comes the sacrifice and resurrection of Christ, which in such a theologically profound way absolves the repentent sinner of their sin. Not by denying it or trying to justifying it, but by bringing its implications onto God Himself, who loved us too much to watch us suffer from it. Sin is dealt with, and the forgiven sinner can spend forever in heaven, with God, in peace, happiness, love, joy, etc.

Thus my favourite passage in the Bible is:
"You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. " (Ro. 5:8)
Posted by YngNLuvnIt, Monday, 22 May 2006 11:16:26 PM
Ifran Yusuf:

Funny that you should begin your article with references to ' sleaze-bag' Reginal Hunt, who did the 'dirty' on his bi-polar wife, and adding insult to injury professed he 'loved' her from day one, and will continue too...until the day he expires ? " the lady doth protest too much, methinks ". Skakespeare.

Were it not for his ex-lover's threatening to go 'public' with revealations, ex-footy hero would never have entertained airing his 'soiled linen' over the air waves. That, 2GB broadcasted a B grade soapy-commercial, albeit devoid of 'bed-room' sensationalism speaks volumes. Palpably, if it wasn't for the dignity and unflinching devotion wife Lynne displayed throughout the sordid expose, viewer's reaction might have been less forgiving ! " the devil can site scripture for his purpose " (Act1.ScII) Merchant of Venice.

What is it about our sporting celebrities - that when sprung in compromising situations, make their dearly 'beloved-ones' so distressed ? Is it the 'macho' image or is it some psychological genie that keeps emerging from the bottle ? Or perhaps, a 'frankenstein' personality craving to ursurp physical ownership over a normally, likable larrikin ? Better still, is it some phantom deviant lurking in the wings ? Whatever, the culprits - one and all possess a deep seated compulsion to keep their sexual affairs under wraps. Why wouldn't you ?

The tabloids and plethora of Women's pictorial's are awash with breathtaking ' confession's" from our sporting legend's Who's who, and their suffering betrayed partner's. Ironically, it's always the 'cad' who is ultimately absolved of his 'indiscretion', and the blameless partner and off-springs left to 'soldier-on' regardless.As is often the case, taking the blame simply because she 'lacked' his voracious sex-drive or 'suffered' depression, or 'lost her looks' after tree kids, or couldn't compete against the 'stunning' creature 'next door', or his best mate's wife ??

Some might ask what kind of a moral vacuum we live in ? If we choose to condone their licentious behaviour as a bit of 'larrikinism'; that men must 'sow their seed' etc then as Humanoid's we have
Posted by dalma, Tuesday, 23 May 2006 11:30:18 AM
abrogated basic rights and might just as well return to the Law of the Jungle ! HELP..Tarzan.

The Shane Warne's, Dave Carey's, Wendel Sailor's, David Hookes, Reg Hunt's, Eric Mathew's, George Best's, Maridona's etc. the champion's of Sport; the idol's of countless children; exemplary role model's; the images that adorn thousand's of adoring fan's bedrooms, have this in common:

* Mommy's boy
* Not particularly bright
* Inflated ego
* Great at what they do
* No character
* Serial offender
* Compulsive liar and cheat
* Always somebody else's fault
* Incapable of responsibility
* Sexually dysfunctional

Unless and until, these stalwarts accept their sexuality and seek professional help, there is no forseeable future for their families, their siblings and those they love most - but heartache, despair, loneliness and prolonged frustration. " if you prick us, do we not bleed ? if you tickle us, do we not laugh ? if you poison us, do we not die, and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge ?" (Act 1.ScIII) Shakespeare.

Really, these guy's have a problem !

Cheers
Posted by dalma, Tuesday, 23 May 2006 11:47:13 AM
YngNLuvnIt Nice post. Not necessarily the way I see things. I guess I am process orientated, I jus' put me head and get stuck in. Jus' do the best I can. Teachings are as good a guide as any other for dummies like me.

I think the commandments are the centre while the rest is just God's wicked sense of humour coming into play to keep the theologians from driving taxis and boring the bejeeesas out of us, or perhaps it is God's way of flushing out those that would turn the wider text against the central rules. For instance: homosexuality is regarded as wrong by some Christians. Some far-right Christians use other parts of the Bible to say gays must die. I was once told I would die because I argued against someones interpretation of the text. I forget the passage-it was sent to me in my private snail mail about 15 years ago. To kill people is a direct sin against the Ten Commandments. Bible says so.

In the case with R.H. The moral outrage stems from the hypocrisy. Another way of looking at it is this. We have two selves our public self and our private self. The further apart they are the less authentic we are. Too far, especially on moral issues, we are hypocrites. A lot of the old stories about Knight's errant interogate this public /private aspect. (Mum's scones)
Posted by rancitas, Wednesday, 24 May 2006 5:03:53 PM
Media people would be saying that R.H.'s behaviour is just damage control. Time will tell. But here is the thing that Yunganluvin seems to be saying. God Only Knows. My mum, dad and oldies in my mob always say these three words when she is stumpted. I even asked my son something the other day and he responded with those words. I guess that is what got me tremembering. God Only Knows. For instance: Just this morning someone ran down a border collie near our home. I came upon it and had to remove it from the road. The person responsible must have just driven off and other cars just drove around. I was angry as all hell. Can I please swear GY. Anyway rang me Mum and I told her. "God only knows why someone would do be so callous."

Dad used to always say it too. "God only knows why you'd pick a fight with a petrol pump."

God only knows who are serious about being the best they can - making amends - or repenting as the Christians say.

If I end up in hell, that is that. If I end up in heaven, I'd be damned if I know how that happened. I tell you true, if I do go to hell, I want to be a big black dog with teeth like a razor back cause I got some scores to settle on behalf of little mate tis morning.
Posted by rancitas, Wednesday, 24 May 2006 5:09:08 PM
Irfan

I doubt that this article has anything to do with Rex Hunt and his behaviours. Sounds like a "warm-up" to re-awakening the Cronulla disgusting behaviours of Australian born Lebanese thugs and Australian born white thugs. Very transparent.

Rex Hunt was not " ... forced ..." to do or say anything about his sexual conduct. He loves the "show". He clearly has power over his wife who suffers bi-polar disorder. The depression pole is awful - no desire for love-making. The mania pole can be horrendous - desire for non-stop sex. If Rex Hunt truely loved his wife, he would not have made anything public.

Who cares about Rex Hunt, Warnie et al anyway? How boring.

Cheers
Kay
Posted by kalweb, Thursday, 1 June 2006 8:03:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy