The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Desperate enough to come to Australia > Comments

Desperate enough to come to Australia : Comments

By Howard Glenn, published 11/5/2006

The use of Nauru and Manus Island from 2001 to 2005 as processing centres for asylum seekers was a horrible experience for all involved and should not be repeated.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. All
Dont get too excited about Wendy yet M we have a way to go before we agree on everything.

However if you would be so kind as to point me to Government docs to show we spent 10 Million on two people last year it would go a long way to assist because we certainly would require an urgent enquiry into that!.

You say 98 per cent who came have stayed here on one hand and how unfair we are for sending the other two percent back.

I would be interested to know out of those 98 percent how many are working but thats for another day.

That means that 98 percent of these people told the truth which leaves me concerned about our sercurity checks because that defies the laws of average and I am including Ausies in that as well.

This takes a lot of thought not a knee jerk reaction and there are no simply answers.

Remember these people pay quite a bit of money to get onto these boats so it is!! a planned trip.

Then again I agree with you that the students and the biz visa people are a greater threat because there are more of them>
more people raises the odds its that simply.

When we speak of threat M we are not just talking about being bombed but a threat to our standards and culture as well.

Not being allowed to say the lords prayer in schools and taking bibles out of hospitals because it might offend people of different culture is the ultimate insult to our fallen soldiers
Lets We Forget.

I I do not agree just because you sign a bit of paper you are an Australian it takes more that that.

There is a way to help genioun people by establishing them in regional areas to built the country up like our father and grandfathers and mothers.

So if you want to come here you must expect to work and work hard,

No free rides I am afraid.

Also english and our way of life to be adopted.
Posted by Wendy Lewthwaite, Sunday, 21 May 2006 6:11:50 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
M If you are seriuos about things its going to take a lot more than posting comments that mainly offend everybody on here. First of all you need to actually do something like come up with a plan working with Government and many community groups. I beleive the regional area share farms between overseas investors and Australian farmers aboriginal people is the way forward. draw up a proposal or come up with some ideas that help Australia and provide work and a future for some of these people is the way forward.
Interested in what you come up with
Posted by Wendy Lewthwaite, Sunday, 21 May 2006 11:54:59 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/spain-calls-for-help-on-migrants/2006/05/21/1148150126103.html
Posted by Jolanda, Monday, 22 May 2006 1:39:39 PM
Wendy Lewthwaite

Your personal attacks on Marilyn and public 'outing' as a 'welfare recipient'; and therfore, not entitled to participate in public debate is a poor reflection on yourself young lady.
Posted by Liz, Sunday, 4 June 2006 4:20:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Liz, there is a history here that you are obviously not aware of in relation to Marilyn Shephard.

I tend to agree with Wendy.
Posted by Jolanda, Sunday, 4 June 2006 4:26:37 PM
No Jolanda
What was said was that M did not contribute to the huge out goings caused by migrants and boat people.

Please show me where I have said she cant make comments or anybody on welfare cant make comments.

Clearly what I was drawing attention to was like labour sprout off about they will do this and do , or we should do this and that they have no expereince with running to a budget and even less idea about accountabilty. We only need to look at the huge debt left last time for the tax payers to struggle for years to get us all out of it.

Jolanda you must stop making claims and mis quoting people it seems to be a regular happening with you.
As a matter of fact M is a interesting person and at least she really cares about others.

This forum is not meant for personal snipes and its not my fault you have been threatened with being sued for deformation on several ocashions.
I am starting to see why.
So show me where I said people on welfare were not allowed to comment?

I like M for the record but that does not stop me pointing out we must look after Australians and aboriginal people as a number one.

You know me as the only person who offered to help you after your four hundred posts so fair go. Remember the one person who was answering your request for free legal help.
Yes I am truely a awful unfair person an i not.
I am entiled to my own thoughts just as much as you and its too easy for people to say we should pay for all these people who want to come here while our own aboriginals are doing it sometimes even harder than them.
Posted by Wendy Lewthwaite, Sunday, 4 June 2006 5:14:29 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy