The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Striking parallels: divergent paths > Comments

Striking parallels: divergent paths : Comments

By Saul Eslake, published 11/5/2006

Why the Australian and British economies are no longer running parallel and why we are faring better.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Excellent commentary as always. Although the government feels the urge to distribute the benefit of the resources boom, tax cuts won't deliver the infrastructure and capital requirements needed to increase future productivity/capacity and won't address the low rate of national savings. A failure to focus on long term investment and savings is something common to both Australia and Britain and will potentially make the eventual "post China boom blues" that more trying.
Posted by Peter R, Thursday, 11 May 2006 11:45:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Excellent article. One of the best I've read for a while. Thanks for informing me and your analysis seems spot on, although I'm not an economist.
Posted by rogindon, Friday, 12 May 2006 8:39:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The erudite and practical thinking Saul has pretty much nailed the reality.I hope Canberra is listening.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 20 May 2006 9:11:49 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy