The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A big stick is not the only way to fight cannabis use > Comments

A big stick is not the only way to fight cannabis use : Comments

By Rob Moodie, published 12/4/2006

Prevention, education and treatment: preventing cannabis-users from turning into dopes.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. All
Hello again, Deus; I'm not sure what ails you though I am sure there is a natural remedy somewhere. Some natural pain relievers are Cinnamon, Meadowsweet, Myrrh, Peppermint, Red pepper, Spearmint, Vervain, White Willow (aspirin),Horsetail (can be brought at Health food shops in dried form;it has a very high Silica content and is good for bones and bone disease); and also Swedish Bitters is said to have pain relieving properties. There will be doses in herb books; to go into all that I'd run out of space. I think maybe you should cut down on all the synthetic "medicine" as most of it damages some other part of the body/organs. Which herbs don't do. Actually quite the oppposite (they might have positive effects on four or five parts of the body.)Start with Sage tea (steeped 5-10 min, 3 or 4 fresh leaves) Sage is a good 'tonic' it's good for indigestion, constipation, colds, brochitis, mouth ulcers, sore throat, nervous conditions, fevers (I have got my childs (2yrs & up)fever down with this.)Also my Herb books state that if mixed with olive oil it's good Rub for arthritic and rheumatic conditions.Sage is my favourite tea. Personally I think that as children we are way over medicated; (i can still remember the disgusting banana flav penicillin I was given all the time. As I suffered from tonsillitus alot. Simple Sage tea would have cured that. If only mum knew...)
We should all start educating ourselves about the real "Medicine" that can be grown in our own backyards, and would be accessable anytime.Health and Happiness (cause that's all that matters.)
Princey
Posted by Princey@yahoo.com.au, Friday, 5 May 2006 11:03:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Princey,

"I'm not sure what ails you" you tell me your's and I tell you mine :-) I don't want to curb your enthusiasm but I'm a sceptic when it comes _most_ 'naturals' preferring well structured controlled studies–e.g, good science. Which is not to say that science hasn't isolated useful compounds from flora & fauna on the lead of _some_ naturals users. It is also not to say that many 'synthetic' drugs don't have side effects-they do. Naturals do too e.g,. comfrey.
If you can point me to good studies I'll look.

When it comes to many forms of chronic pain a lot of doctors are opiate phobic, are in the dark ages, and think that patients will start to resemble rats fed heroin on a bar press feeder. This view is not helped by religious fundamentalist countries such as the U.S. which seem to think that if a pill gives you any incidental pleasure/wellbeing it must be evil, forget the pain relief. Thus chronic pain is undermedicated–is a far worse problem and more worthy of debate than medical cannabis IMO which is often pumped up by cannabis advocates who's real agenda is their stoned culture. Apart from the unnecessary human suffering under treated pain costs the economy billions.

The beauty about opiates is that their mode of action are very well understood. They don't cause organ damage in therapeutic dose ranges. One of synthetic ones is effective in sub mg doses and available in patches. Slap it on get on with life. The difficulty is trying to find doctors who are well educated in modern pain processes and management. Can you tell this is one of my hobby horses?

Ciao
Posted by Deus_Abscondis, Friday, 5 May 2006 2:34:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Health through God's Pharmacy;Maria Treban, The Handbook of alternatives to medicine;Mildred Jackson & Terri Teague; one of my favourite is Herb Growing for Health by Donald Law,The New Healing Herbs;Michael Castleman, Culpepper; there is a list alot longer than the most recent "statistical studies" and people throughout history and every nationality have been using herbs for medicine since the beginning of time.That was the original/first medicine.Why else do they grow, so that we may reap the benefits. Maybe you should read a bit more on the real medicine. As the Stuff they put in pills is extracted from plants, (majority of it)and if it's not extracted it's "synthetically reproduced".Re:Opium; does it have more side effects than Marijuana? Is it more addictive?Would it slow you down more than Sativa?
H & H Princey
Posted by Princey@yahoo.com.au, Saturday, 6 May 2006 6:46:23 PM
Prohibition is surely one of the most socially destructive, futile and immoral social policy failures Australia has ever been subjected to. It has failed our society on so many levels.

I enjoyed a full and open-minded experience as a young adult. Whilst at university in the early/mid 90's I spent many a weekend enjoying a flourishing rave/dance scene in Australia. I totally enjoyed this time of my life and have been left with absolutely no negative effects on my health. This is a story repeated by the probably hundreds of thousands of young Aussies who were raving it up in the heady 90's scene.

I now enjoy a highly successful career, have travelled the world and live a full, happy and healthy life.

The only thing that would have ruined all of this would have been a criminal record, had I been unlucky enough to be caught.

I can tell you first hand that those I saw who were unfortunate enough to be caught had there futures destroyed by the arcane and crazy laws this country so ignorantly persists in upholding.
Posted by Daniel06, Friday, 19 May 2006 10:40:34 AM
Nimbin's annual Cannabis Law Reform Protest Rally was the subject of a very bigoted attempt at "zero tolerance" this year.
A very bigoted and completely failed attempt I might add.
We saw police in full riot gear patrolling the streets of a small rural village in packs of six and eight, (a small rural village desperate for funding in so many other areas). There were police horses in full battle regalia, I personally saw four grouped together at one time, I heard reports of as many as eight in the village.
All this money for 50 arrests, mostly for poverty based traffic offences around the event as opposed to any real crime.
After 12 or 13 years of peaceful protest, this tactic of intimidation shows quite clearly the contempt with which my culture is held by those in authority.
More importantly it shows the complete lack of understanding the powers that be have of the cannabis culture, the cannabis plant itself, or anything beyond the limited view of life from within the confines of their own rectums.
Posted by generic_hippie, Wednesday, 24 May 2006 7:07:15 AM
This thread on this forum typifies the astounding lack of knowledge most people have inregards to cannabis. Hydroponics is a growing method! End of story ,no correspondence entered into.There is NO such thing as "genetically modified" cannabis,that's rubbish,if you think otherwise ,where are these laboratories manned by the evil mafia scientists?Sound like a silly idea? Thats because IT IS!Outdoor cannabis ,grown in full sunlight will ALWAYS be superior to identical seeds grown under sunlight from millions of years ago(coal powered electric HID lights)that is BASIC horticultural knowledge.There is no such thing as cannabis 20x or 30x the strength that our hippy forefathers smoked,modern "super" & "dangerous" strains are the same strains smoked 30 years ago,SKUNK#1 is a 3-way cross of traditional strains from 1978 it is ,1]Afghani Hash plant(Indica)xColumbian Gold x Acapulco Gold(both Sativas)(Acapulco Gold you know as in the Cheech&Chong song from 35 years ago). So how is it when normal horticultural practices like selective breeding becomes "genetically modified" when applied to cannabis? Cannabis does not cause nor is it a "trigger" to any mental disorders! If you think otherwise please supply links to PEER REVIEWED studies to back up your position.Cannabis does not and could not cause brain damage as the way it works is by stimulating the brains ENDO-CANNABIS system, cannabis does not get you high your bodies own hormones do, THC triggers the release of Anandamide and this hormone an exact mirror of the THC molecule does the trick.For 100 years LIARS have attempted to "prove" cannabis as dangerous,People with BSc's on elite dole (study grants)can only get more funding for cannabis research if the study "proves" some alleged negative aspect,so they LIE to get more elite dole then real scientists with PhD's and peer reviewed studies with empirically collected data refutes the elite dole bludgers claims,this pattern has been going on since the phony criminalisation of previously legal drugs for no other reasons than racist social control and corporate profits,prohibitionists are evil perverts they have a mental condition created by there insane intolerance of drugs in particular the least dangerous drug known to mankind CANNABIS.
Posted by Jess Stone, Tuesday, 11 July 2006 1:43:00 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy