The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Nuclear profits could cost us dear > Comments

Nuclear profits could cost us dear : Comments

By Christine Milne, published 7/4/2006

Who are we kidding? Directly or indirectly, Australian uranium will support China's nuclear weapons program.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. All
MIkeM

Because I would be arrested and thrown into a forced labour camp or worse put into a psychiatrict hosptal and injected with mind altering drugs to transform or shall we say reeducate as the regime says to make me give up my belief in Falun Gong which practices truth compassion and tolerance.

There are 100 million chinese people practising Falun Gong in CHIna and they have a better way of life to show the communist regime that can enable China to move from brutal dictatorship and suppression of all basic Human rights for China to return to its rich culture and and move forward to show the democratic west how to behave with dignity and honour and respect.

The Communist regime have been slaughtering Falun GOng since 1999 and now there have been witnesses coming forward veteren miltary docters etc who have been working in organ harvesting concentration camps. Falun GOng area limitless supply of organs as they mean to wipe us out complelety and Why??

Because we practise truth compassion and forbearance which is a direct threat to the communist regime.
Falun Gong practtioners are being slaughtered each day with Jiang Jemins edict to financially destroy them, ruin their reputations and phyiscally destroy them . THis is the Holocaust of FAlun Gong in China.

The people of china will be liberated and soon. And the world will be alot better safer more humane place after the chince communist regime is gone. The Chinese people want this with 75,000 uprisings last year and 10 million resigned from the communist regime.

PLease dont make the mistake of defending a brutal commuist regime and condemming all that is best in humanity Falun Gong thru ignorance
Posted by Jana Banana, Saturday, 15 April 2006 9:00:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
MIkeM

Becasue I would be arrested and thrown into a forced labour camp or worse put into a psychiatrict hosptal and injected with mind altering drugs to transform or shall we say reeducate as the regime says to make me give up my beielf in Falun Gong which practices truth compassion and tolerance.

There are 100 million chinese people practising Falun Gong in CHIna and they have a better way of life to show the communist regime that can enable China to move from brutal dictatorship and suppression of all basic Human rights for China to return to its rich culture and and move forward to show the democratic west how to behave with dignity and honour and respect.

The Communist regime have been slaughtering Falun GOng since 1999 and now there have been witnesses coming forward veteren miltary docters etc who have been working in organ harvesting concentration camps. Falun GOng area limitless supply of organs as they mean to wipe us out complelety and Wh??

Because we practise truth compassion and forbearance which is a direct threat to the communist regime.

The pople of china will be liberated and soon. And the world will be alot better safer more humane place after the chince communist regime is gone. The Chinese people want this with 75,000 uprisings last year and 10 million resigned from the communist regime.

PLease dont make the mistake of defending a brutal commuist regime and condemming all that is best in humanity Falun Gong thru ignorance
Posted by Jana Banana, Saturday, 15 April 2006 9:01:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jana Banana, it is awful what the Chinese government does to its own people ! Especially that Falun Gong is a peaceful art of meditation. This demonstrates the monstrous power of the communist government.
However, how will the sale of uranium to China stop democracy ? Premier Wen Jiabao has always been a communist and is unlikely to change if Australia withholds uranium from it. There also are other countries that will provide at the right price.
It is difficult to point a finger at Mr Howard. He is doing what any democratic country would do and use its choice economic vehicle, capitalism, to make money.
Mr Howard is not naive enough to think that Wen Jabiao is his friend. This is a business decision. Mr Howard is looking after Australian interests. By selling to the Chinese, he is not selling out democracy, he is protecting it. Wealth protects democracy.
Posted by Cay, Wednesday, 19 April 2006 7:04:54 AM
Dear Cay

I would say the morality honesty compassion justice protects all people. Democracy is not the issue. I do not see that coming from this Governemnt who know what the communist regime does to its own people/ You can't take money with you from the earth to your next life here on earth or to heaven or hell. But you can take your goodness or your evilness. That is a choice all humans have to make continually in every moment of this life on earth..the choice to be good person or a bad person.

I don't see sacrificing human life by trading with a despotic regime in the hope that they will one day stop doing what they are doing.If you trade and deal with devils you become one.
When the commuist regime falls (and it will fall soon) the Chinese people will still be there to trade with except the terms will be different and justice and Humanrights will be accpeted norms in China. To trade with evil before that happens says much about our Government in Australia and our future.
Posted by Jana Banana, Wednesday, 19 April 2006 12:36:35 PM
I see what you are saying Jana Banana. It is the behaviour of the government that matters and not their politics, be it communist or democratic. You say that if the government upheld human rights and the bona fides you list, the type of government would not matter. You recommend not trading in uranium at all regardless of the government. I agree with you on the matter of government behaviour.
I disagree with the sale of uranium only on the grounds that it is to be used to create WMD and who knows, in China's case, it may be against it's own people.
Shonga spoke earlier about selling our advances in renewable energy. This needs to be marketed well so that more people believe in it and thus create a demand for it. Prices will then go up for renewable energy and we'll be saving ourselves in our eagerness to make money and develop our nations.
Posted by Cay, Wednesday, 19 April 2006 1:40:55 PM
I read all of your comments with great interest and would like to share the view that I have, so far, based on the information I came across on this topic. The reason I am reading this discussion is to open up my thoughts and to share points of view, and also to learn from others:

Part 1

I am against the Australia-China uranium agreement because it is not safe:

* Restrictions on Australian uranium mining will probably be lifted. New uranium mines will be needed to satisfy China’s demand. Australian uranium production is already more than 10,000 tonnes annually and will increase with the expansion of the Roxby Downs mine in South Australia. Clearly, no new mines would be required to satisfy China’s demand.

* The only 'significant' commercial use for uranium is to fuel nuclear reactors for the generation of electricity.

* China need not subject any Australian uranium to safeguards inspections by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).

* China can use the Australian uranium in nuclear weapons without breaching the terms of the agreement. In theory there would not be a net transfer of nuclear material to un-safeguarded facilities (and potentially to weapons production). However, Australian uranium could easily find its way into Chinese weapons. This contradicts foreign mnister Downer’s claim that the agreement “establish strict safeguards arrangements and conditions to ensure Australian uranium supplied to China is used exclusively for peaceful purposes.

It is far from certain that there will be a transfer of nuclear materials such that there is no net contribution to China’s stockpile of non-safeguarded nuclear materials. It would be naďve to take the secretive, militaristic and murderous Chinese regime on good faith.
Posted by Celivia, Wednesday, 19 April 2006 1:41:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy