The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Getting back to fundamentals in Iraq > Comments

Getting back to fundamentals in Iraq : Comments

By Taya Fabijanic, published 3/4/2006

It is us, not God, who need to be responsible for the war in Iraq.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Is there a DRY DRUNK in the White House?
Bush has got the USA in quicksand! If you get to view my site (http://www.voai.org) and click Founder (2nd page)and scroll to the bottom ) you will see my military service. George Bush may not be drinking, but if you read about the Dry Drunk syndrome (also 2nd page), I think you will come to the same conclusion. Here's GB's site:(http://www.voai.org/everyone.htm).
How's living in AU? I've been all over the Middle East and Europe and hope to get there some day.

Posted by Norska, Tuesday, 4 April 2006 2:56:42 PM
Posted by Norska, Wednesday, 5 April 2006 6:50:14 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
From a Korean Navy War Veteran - 1948-1953

Here's a story nobody would think of running at a time when we are at war. I've been in the substance abuse field for over fifty years and know what I'm talking about. When this war broke I told my wife we have another "Gunga Din" fiasco on our hands (for those who do not know who Gunga Din was check Google or other engines out). I've worked in the Middle East and have a pretty good idea of how the arab thinks about the west. I saw a head come off and two hands chopped off in the main square called "Chop Square", Riyahd, Saudi Arabia.
Here's the USA's president in spades.

http://www.minnesotarecovery.info/literature/drydrunk.htm.

This is a portrait of a dry drunk. Someone who stops drinking, but never changes. This is Bush!

http://www.voai.org/geobushdrydrunk.htm.

Exaggerated self-importance and pomposity
Grandiose behavior
A rigid, judgmental outlook
Impatience
Childish behavior
Irresponsible behavior
Irrational rationalization
Projection
Overreaction
Posted by Norska, Thursday, 13 April 2006 10:55:32 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
C'mon you blokes, you know ,that Johnny Bonsai is a man of God, killing innocent people is good we are the Deputy Sherrif we follow the God, GEORGE. w.Bush into the battle agianst the Mulsim population. Go JWH, IT MAY BE your last opportunityt to wreck Australia's neconomy!
Posted by SHONGA, Thursday, 13 April 2006 11:15:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If anyone is interested in alcoholism let me know. Go to my site http://www.voai.org. If you want to review my book go to the 2nd page and pop the book cover. All comments (even negative ones)are welcome.
Sorry for the duplication about Bush and his Dry Drunk personality. But I must have screwed up somewhere along the way getting online with the Forum.
Let me be the 1st to apologize for my country (USA) for getting everybody into this Iraq mess. Believe me, most of us disagree with Georgie. Impeaching him isn't good enough. We think even his father disowned him for his idiotic ways. He doesn't care how many of our kids (all countries)get killed or maimed, just as long as he gets what he wants...yesterday!
Posted by Norska, Friday, 14 April 2006 5:03:33 AM
Norska

I appreciate your input and perspective. It is good to hear from an American and in particular one who has had military experience.

My father returned from WW2 an alcoholic. I wound up married to one - neither managed to 'dry out'. I am aware of many of the illusions about themselves and the world in general alcoholics hold.

However, you are saying even though Bush has stopped drinking he still holds to many illusions - it would explain alot. I know that the brain is damaged permanently - but to what extent and to what degree of recovery I am unsure.

So what is the excuse for our squeaky clean Prime Minister? Not a drinker (so far as I know) he only began proclaiming his belief in Christianity when he began his relationship with Bush.

It is amazing how many Aussies say they disagree with Howard - so how was he voted back?

I discovered an Iraqian blog recently which details the day to day lives of a family living (surviving) in Iraq. It makes for rivetting reading. Bush, Blair & Howard should take note - instead of the B/S they apparently are being fed by their 'advisors'.

http://www.riverbendblog.blogspot.com/

"Iraqi blog
Saturday, March 18, 2006

Three Years...
It has been three years since the beginning of the war that marked the end of Iraq’s independence. Three years of occupation and bloodshed........

April Fool's Day 2006
Or 'kithbet neesan', as it is known in Arabic.

If the current Iraqi government should choose ANY day for their day- what better day than April 1? It’s appropriately named ‘Fool’s Day’, after all.

They have been foolishly trying to get a government together since they first announced the election results. And we’ve been patiently waiting. It’s like being under the threat of punishment for weeks and weeks at a time and finally just wanting to have the punishment over with....."

I recommend people read the blog - it is updated regularly.

Regards
Posted by Scout, Friday, 14 April 2006 7:23:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To Alan Grey,

Could say your answer to Taya is rather drivelous too, matey. Could say in fact she has a better grasp of the Iraq problem than you have. And, indeed which proves that a strong study of history and philosophy might greatly help to teach you what is really going on. Mostly just a greedy grab for the Iraqi black stuff, which also will be the same with an attack on Iran.

Ever heard of a Dyarky Democracy, Alan. You can find out by a study of colonial India, where certain provinces if they behaved themselves were offered self-government, but it turned out an ersatz goverment, with every important government minister matched by a British commissar or commissioner. You can bet your life that democracy in Iraq if it ever happens, will be the same, Alan. What do you think the massive green zone is the fore-runner of?
Posted by bushbred, Saturday, 13 May 2006 6:04:56 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy