The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > ... And at least another ten years to undo the damage > Comments

... And at least another ten years to undo the damage : Comments

By Lyn Allison, published 2/3/2006

John Howard - skilled politician and the consummate con artist.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. All
Messrs. Bartlett and Murray, the two remaining rational members of the Australian Democrats, must be embarrassed by this empty "vessel" leader of last resort.
Posted by Leigh, Thursday, 2 March 2006 10:30:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My problem is that I don't particularly like this Government's social agenda or its failure to properly enforce Ministerial standards. On the other hand, who do I really have to vote for as an alternative?

Even Labor's most eminent and respected members acknowledge that their candidates are not chosen on ability but on their control of several key unions.

But the lack of talent on the Labor front bench is totally eclipsed by the self-serving fairies at the bottom of the Senate who make up the Greens and Democrats. What a bunch of losers. Point to one of those people who has been able to achieve anything worthwhile in life beyond get themselves elected by an incredibly small number of voters in small states - Keating's appraisal of them as "unrepresentative swill" is still the most succinct description I've seen. Losers who get drunk and beat up little old lady senators - good one Andrew. Losers whose main claim to fame is that they wear Doc Martens - good one Natasha. Losers whose main claim to fame is that they were the last one left in their party to be chosen as dear and glorious leader - good one Allison.

Come back and tell me about things when you've managed to gain some credibility. But given your likely wipe-out as a party in 2007, I won't be surprised if you don't.

Cheers

Kevin
Posted by Kevin, Thursday, 2 March 2006 10:50:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We should all realise that in order for us to move forward we must remember the lessons that history has taught us.
I still remember Mr Howard as the inefectual little man acting as treasurer for Malcolm Fraser - and in my opinion his personal nor political stature has grown from there.
It deeply saddens and concerns me that so many of my fellow Australians don't realise that this man in his 10 year term has comprimised every principle and virtue that has for many years allowed our nation to hold its head up high in the international arena.
By making us a terrorist target and supporting a corrupt and intellectually deficient Bush administration in the US any economic or business achievements during Mr Howard's time pale into insignificance.
Posted by clear thinker, Thursday, 2 March 2006 11:11:22 AM
Like all the posters so far, I find the argument put by Lyn allision as very much the behaviour of a “spoiled brat”.

Mention was made of the national trading deficit that becomes the national debt.

I am going to make a few comments;

• As a country we are spending more than we earn
• Means we pay our selves more than we earn, or the world market place would pay us.
• To criticise the increasing national debt, one also has to criticise the over payment of ourselves.
• Never hear any words like that coming out of the same mouth that increasing debt criticism comes from?
• Agriculture is one of the few industries that have a world market income, but Australian market costs.
• Never a peep from the left about this obvious discrimination.
• In fact never a peep from all sides of politics about the very obvious discrimination that world market income/Australian market cost means to the agriculture sector.

As far as her comment about leaving uni with a $160,000 debt for a service that cost $600,000 to a $1,000,000 as being very negative for the person involved.
• You have a excellent opportunity to advance your self in a career
• Many of us do not get this benefit; we just stuck with the whole bill, not 20% as is the case here.
• Only repayable if you actually earn above the thresh hold for repayment.
• When you buy a business, not only do you have to repay the whole amount, with tax, but also many stamp duty “type” tax's up front.

Some people are never satisifed, even though we live in one of the most people sensitive country's of the world.
Posted by dunart, Thursday, 2 March 2006 11:17:24 AM
Poor Realist and his ilk. Not really interested in a kinder, fairer world just like the PM and his ministry. So maybe we can look forward to another 10 years of racism, corruption, lying, minority bashing, illegal imprisonment, illegal wars, environmental destruction, less education and health services, bible toting ministers, intolerance, lower wages and poorer working conditions, massive defecits, disgusting outpourings of nationalism etc. etc etc.
I left the mean and nasty Thatchers Britain to come to this country.
Now I feel I have jumped out of the frying pan into the fire. Oh and before Mr Realist tells me to go home and describes me as a not a real Austrailian I am here to stay.
I think a realist would agree that this governments behaviour is dishonest and totally unacceptable. Ah, but there good with the economy!
Posted by Pom, Thursday, 2 March 2006 11:19:12 AM
Well whingeing Pom if your opinion of Australia is "racism, corruption, lying, minority bashing, illegal imprisonment, illegal wars, environmental destruction, less education and health services, bible toting ministers, intolerance, lower wages and poorer working conditions, massive defecits, disgusting outpourings of nationalism etc. etc etc." why would you want to live here, go home.
Posted by jackson, Thursday, 2 March 2006 11:28:16 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy