The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The strange dalliance between Michael Leunig and Iranian Holocaust deniers > Comments

The strange dalliance between Michael Leunig and Iranian Holocaust deniers : Comments

By Philip Mendes, published 27/2/2006

Testing the limits of Western concepts of free speech.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Thanks for the reference to your article on Camp David, Dr Phil, I'll look it up. Shlomo must've gotten it all wrong. So much for Israeli Foreign Ministers. You had indicated in an earlier post a staunch opposition to the Israeli settler movement. I'm aware of your polemics against Leunig, anti-Zionists, the divestment movement etc, but nothing similar against the settlers. If you could direct me to these, I'd be eternally grateful. And I do agree with you about those people who "engage in endless point scoring". They're sooo annoying!
Posted by Strewth, Sunday, 5 March 2006 7:48:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
See most recently Two States or Two Universes? A Personal Reflection on Israel/Palestine 1982-2006 by Philip Mendes, published in Australian Quarterly, 77(6), November-December 2005, pp.17-20.

Philip
Posted by radical phil, Sunday, 5 March 2006 8:58:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So, self-styled staunch opponent of Israel's settlers, Dr Phil, claims he's given them a slap on the wrist in Australian Quarterly, November-December 2005. Seems that publication went belly up in 1997.
The ball's in your court, Dr Phil.
Posted by Strewth, Friday, 10 March 2006 12:56:59 PM
Strewth strewth: I just received the February 2006 edition of Australian Quarterly in the mail. Must be my imagination.

Philip
Posted by radical phil, Wednesday, 22 March 2006 8:50:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy