The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Adept at puerile politics > Comments

Adept at puerile politics : Comments

By Ted Lapkin, published 21/2/2006

The timing, scope and focus of the Danish cartoon controversy raises suspicions this crisis owes much to cynical manipulation.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. All
Fellow_Human,

You didn't have to respond to my previous post - these were quotes from your holy qur'an - unless you want to deny that also?

Guess what Pinocchio just told me:

As a matter of record, there was a well-documented, thriving relationship between the Arab/Muslim world and Nazi Germany, the most significant figure linking Hitler to the Middle East was the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem Hajj Amin el-Husseini.

Nazi ally, Hajj Amin el-Husseini, was Arafat's "hero" and ancestor.

Yasser Arafat shortened his name [Abd al-Rahman abd al-Bauf Arafat al-Qud al-Husseini] to obscure his kinship with the notorious ex-Mufti of Jerusalem

Hajj Amin Al Husseini (1895-1974) supported the Nazis, and especially their program for the mass murder of the Jews.

He visited numerous death camps and encouraged Hitler to extend the "Final Solution" to the Jews of North Africa and Palestine.

In 1943 the Mufti travelled several times to Bosnia, where on orders of the SS he recruited the notorious "Hanjar troopers," a special Bosnian Waffen SS company which slaugh-tered 90% of Bosnia’s Jews and burned countless Serbian churches and villages.

In 1946 he escaped to Egypt...

Amazing guy that Pinnochio. eh?
Posted by coach, Tuesday, 21 February 2006 3:35:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
By satirising Islam, the Muslims in Western society were offered equality with every other religion. Needless to say, what Muslims want is not equality, but special privelege that would permanently prevent their religion from being criticised. But of all religions, it is Islam that is most in need of a little self introspection.

As a person who came from the wrong side of the tracks, I got to be able to recognise violent and immature people when I saw them. I got out of my Housing Commission flat as soon as I could afford it and I do not want Muslims or any other touchy, intellectually challenged individuals living next door to me anymore. Being permanently outraged and beyond all reason appears to be the default position of Muslims today.

The only good to come out of all of this is that even the pro Muslim, anti everything else, social regressive caste must be getting uncomfortable with the attack upon their favourite sacred cow by the people who's causes they have always championed
Posted by redneck, Tuesday, 21 February 2006 4:08:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think the author is spot on.

It is Irfans comments that irritate me in that he, Irfan was also calling for the islamic community to get its house in order. Exactly as the author is saying in his excellent article.

Perhaps Irfan should spend his energies explaining why it is that the Islamic fraternity can show some organisational skill in arranging this beat up in the first place. But a similar group which says it condems the violence etc, cannot stop it from occurring, even though it is blatantly obvious the riots are a "rent a crowd" affair. It would therefore appear that the so called moderates have no influence at all.

What a sick bunch they are. They represent less than 1.5 % of our population and yet they want everyone to bow to the smallest "cultural" nuance, no matter how trumped up it is.
Posted by bigmal, Tuesday, 21 February 2006 4:18:04 PM
Islam needs to learn to cope with Modernity.
Posted by meredith, Tuesday, 21 February 2006 4:40:15 PM
Francis, I acknowledge that Martin Luther had his imperfections and incited attacks on the peasants etc. However, he did start a reformation and the basis for independence from the power of Rome tied up with religion. The Muslim world is screaming for their Reformation and now is the time in their evolutionare cycle.

Muslims are in a power play with some well monied clerics as evidenced by the 1 million dollar reward offered for the assassination of the Denmark journalists. It is not the muslims, but the power that is integrated into their religion, just like the days before Martin Luther. Where is their el Mart-in Lut Her??
Posted by Remco, Tuesday, 21 February 2006 5:12:57 PM
Truth is stanger than fiction, so why are many of the posts on the Danish Cartoons based on Fiction, has anyone checked out who owns the newspapers that published the cartoons. I have, and found the majority of owners belonged to the same political/religious group I cant name them because the law protects them, the wrong people are being demonsrated against, I am not manipulating the facts, I challenge some one to publish the list of newspapers, plus the owners names, with their religious/political background. pigs might fly,
Posted by mangotreeone1, Tuesday, 21 February 2006 6:45:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12