The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Redesigning 'On Line Opinion' together > Comments

Redesigning 'On Line Opinion' together : Comments

By Graham Young and Susan Prior, published 20/2/2006

'On Line Opinion' now has a new front page. Tell us what you think.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
The cartoon addition is great. And i like the idea of more articles per day.
Have to agree with some above that it'd be good to easily browse the last couple of weeks or so of articles, or more specifically the still 'live' ones.
A poll section would also be good as Shonga suggests, although i imagine that might require a bit of back end effort.
Posted by Donnie, Monday, 20 February 2006 3:38:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Looks fine.

I've probably mentioned it before, but one thing that I note on this site (generally, not re frontpage) is that there is no threading. I'm figuring that this might become necessary.

Threading would allow people to go off on a tangent and yet remain hidden for those concerned with the original topic. On the other hand, in a web environment, you'd need to make it extra simple for people to post at the correct level. Perhaps by extending the current friendly icons.
Posted by WhiteWombat, Monday, 20 February 2006 3:49:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I just noticed "iParliament", which I don't recall seeing before.

It's a nice inclusion although I don't know how often I'll have time to read it.
Posted by WhiteWombat, Monday, 20 February 2006 4:09:52 PM
I found it a pity that articles are only 'alive' for a relativly short time.
Some are worthy [and some comments too]of longer consideration.
This new format seems to make an article's life even shorter.
I couldn't see much wrong with what you had.
Posted by Goeff, Monday, 20 February 2006 4:22:32 PM
Looks great but perhaps we could allow some quarantine space for those that only visit earth briefly and drop their stellar insights into some of the forums :)
It's all good...
Posted by Craig Blanch, Monday, 20 February 2006 6:31:14 PM
At first glance, would agree with many posters that it would be good to have the old all-topics last-few-weeks column readily available - I tend to flick down the list to see if comments have been added to topics of particular interest since I last logged on, with the new layout this means opening several separate topic areas. Some merit in the new "fresher" look, but we're here for the articles and the exchange of views and information, no easier and in some ways harder with the new layout.
Posted by Faustino, Tuesday, 21 February 2006 3:14:17 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy