The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > RU486 - something to be said for considered debate > Comments

RU486 - something to be said for considered debate : Comments

By Andrew Laming, published 16/2/2006

Where substantial ethical concerns exist, Parliament should retain the option to resume the power delegated to the Therapeutic Goods Adminsistration when required.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. 31
  9. Page 32
  10. 33
  11. All
Meg, your appeal to the ridiculous and absurd yet once again,
makes most of your post as fallacious as per normal. I guess
thats all you have, no arguments of substance and you clearly
don't understand the big picture.

As expected, you can't show that I mentioned any BBQ in any
of my posts. The point is not the BBQ, but that you either
deliberately invent whatever, or that your mind is flawed,
or perhaps a bit of both. So much for your credibility!

As a point of interest, not using a spell checker and leaving
the odd typo, is my way of finding out who has a trivial mind
and who has the ability to think beyond that.

Read your history as to how both Xtianity and Islam spread
around the world. Both have their share of violence, coersion,
Govt compulsion and brainwashing of children. Its not a pretty
picture.

The 95% argument stands and can be evidenced around the world
every day. There are no large shifts going on between the various
major religions.

I have good reasons for critising the Vatican. Their role should
be to preach to their flock, not to try to force non Catholics
to live by their dogma, using polical force as the vehicle.

Highlighting the fact that Catholic dogma is actually causing
much suffering in the third world, is well overdue. As a humanist
I believe in less suffering, not more.

If you want to give people dignity Meg, making them suffer more
is not the way to go about it, its bad philosophy and nothing
more then absurd dogma.

You are as much a killing machine as any other woman Meg. You
flush your little human egg down the toilet every month. It
dies. Even you accept that parents can only feed and clothe
so many children
Posted by Yabby, Wednesday, 28 June 2006 10:37:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yabby I try not to call you names like ‘ridiculous and absurd’ but I accept that you are both…so too has your icon of political absurdity, Paul Keating proved to be so.

Nevertheless, let me summarize your ‘big picture’…illiterate and grammatically ignorant , anti-life sheep convinced that giving consideration for our fellow man and aiming to look out for all, including the weaker or more vulnerable amongst us…is a philosophy to be avoided and discredited at all costs in the hope that you can convince the rest of humanity that it is the ‘big picture’…not sure if I should ROFL or ): (

Either way it’s a pretty sick philosophy to aim for Yabby…and absurdly and ridiculously self-absorbed.

I would suggest that your ‘hero’ Paul has a history with clocks, taxpayer funded grants and piggeries that might suggest that you should reflect on the ‘people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones’ adage…

It’s absurd and ridiculous that you can overlook such deficiencies in the subject of your adulation, but desperately seek to discredit those like Mother Teresa, who lived her life selflessly in the service of the poorest of the poor…for no personal reward at all.

I notice old Paul isn’t living in suburban conformity or environmentally too soundly either…where’s your sense of outrage at all that waste and injustice?

One would think that you would be arguing that a public figure is sufficiently well paid that he should not be seeking further financial or asset gain from the public purse, in the course of his public life…in fact most would see a Prime Minister involved in such activities as a total discrediting of the office he held and less than proper behaviour at the very least…but then there’s your pig..er, I mean ‘big picture…’

…is that squealing I hear from that WA bush hideout? Not more neurosurgery happening out there surely?

tbc...
Posted by Meg1, Thursday, 29 June 2006 1:57:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cont…

‘Both have their share of violence, coersion, Govt compulsion and brainwashing of children. Its not a pretty picture.’

...sounds like description of party-politics…you’ve maintained your ALP-birthright, even if you've abandoned your faith…adopting a grossly blinkered viewpoint that beggers any rational understanding.

Yabby-says-so-that’s-why-hmmmm, sounds like the intelligence and behaviour appropriate to a two-year-old’s reasoning capacity.

‘Their role should be to preach to their flock, not to try to force’ non-party-hacks ‘to live by their dogma, using polical force as the vehicle.’

That's Yabby’s description of party-political-strong-arm-tactics, right?

‘Highlighting the fact that’ party-political ‘dogma is actually causing much suffering in the third world, is well overdue.’

That's right, considering the effects of globalization on poorer nations and the middle-to-lower-income-earners in this country…including rural populations. You see Yabby, those ‘big picture’ economists like to ignore the big transnational corporations donating to all the major political parties (ALP too) so we've the present situation where government policy is identical whichever party is in power…they all accept ‘he who pays the piper, calls the tune…’

Big corporations ignore ‘environmental’ considerations, Yabby, they don’t figure in their bottom line…

‘making them suffer more is not the way to go about it, its bad philosophy and nothing more then absurd dogma.

…here's another adage…’practice what you preach’??

Killing babies by tearing them limb-from-limb isn't humane…apply the above to aborting babies…

Yabby your fascination with flushing toilets indicates a ‘deep-seated’ psychological problem (pun intended)…like your many idiosyncrasies, I'll treat it with tolerance.

However, your dismal lack of understanding of the most basic biological facts is truly difficult to ignore…I feel sad that you've clearly missed any ‘birds-‘n’-bees’ discussion either…you should seek help in that area…it may've helped salvage your US ‘friend’ relationship…

Well I’ll leave you to your toilet-flushing fettish for a while Yabby, I have some work to do…and a life to live
Posted by Meg1, Thursday, 29 June 2006 2:15:05 AM
Yet another post full of absurdities and straw man arguments Meg.
By what you’ve written, I can only conclude that you don’t have the
intelligence to understand sound philosophies.

My politics are issue based, not party based, no political heroes, but
credit where credit is due. Keating understands economics, something
which you clearly don’t. Farmers, without the ability to trade overseas,
could shut up shop tomorrow. The poor are the first to benefit from
cheap clothes, cheap shoes etc. Its also ironic that two of the world’s
richest men have just given 80 billion $ to charity. You claim these people are evil, but it kind of makes your
mothering instincts, much as I am sure that you care, fairly irrelevant.
Being emotionally engulfed as you are Meg, does not solve world problems,
The big picture does. The proof is in people like Gates and Buffet, like
it or not, 80 billion from two “evil” individuals, makes a difference!

Mother Teresa was yet another religious fanatic who followed her feelings
and her dogma. We will perhaps never know, how much of the huge amount
of money that she raised, was actually used for the poor, how much landed up in the Vatican bank and how much landed up used to coerce more little Catholics.

Religion is about unproven dogma Meg. They draw their imaginary lines
in their sand and then want to force others to live by that claptrap. Why should we? Based on what evidence? Today’s world is a world of reason, not a world of superstition, as it once was.

The Catholic Church ignores environmental considerations Meg. Too many people on not enough land and ecosystems collapse, its one of
the laws of nature. But mothering is your strength, not biology. The Church is too tied up with its own fight with Islam, to seem to even
care.

Your “killing babies” is just rhetoric. You are against 486, you are
against the snip, you are against anything not part of Catholic dogma. It seems
you are unable to think for yourself Meg, without instructions from Rome.
Posted by Yabby, Thursday, 29 June 2006 9:40:36 PM
Yabby, a few facts in your posts - even occasionally would be a plus...you are apparently incapable of dealing in facts. Keating and Howard's (yes they BOTH support it) so-called competition policy, has resulted in higher global poverty thanks to your Corporate 'mates'...the 'generosity' of Bill Gates and Co is just a big game...how much money can they spend in one lifetime anyway?

If they dealt with people fairly they would not accumulate the grossly obscene profits they have gained on the backs of others who have little or nothing for their efforts.

The abc provided some information recently on the situation in India:

'Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has begun a two day tour of India's main cotton belt where hundreds of farmers facing crippling debts and falling prices have committed suicide.'
The Indian PM is expected to announce a relief package of 40 billion rupees ($A1.17 billion) aimed at waiving off loans, improving irrigation and encouraging diversified farming.

'Federal government officials say more than 8,900 farmers have committed suicide since 2001 in four states hardest hit by an ongoing agricultural crisis, including 980 in Maharashtra alone.'

'The number has been dismissed as far too low by activists, and according to a government-backed report more than 4,100 farmers ended their lives in Maharashtra in 2004 alone.'

'Agriculture...employs some 60 per cent of the country's work force and accounts for a quarter of India's GDP.'

'Federal government figures say that close to a million farmers committed suicide between 1995 and 2003 nationwide.'

Your 'mate' Keating and his global Corporate 'mates' manipulate comodity prices through government policies and the futures markets and the victims are the world's farmers, with ALL farmers - developed and developing countries alike, suffering from the government and corporate pirates.

Your Big Picture is made up of very SMALL MINDED and greedy people, whichever way you paint it Yabby...

If government corruption and power-broking doesn't starve the world population, the corporate sector will engineer the same result anyway...wake up Yabby!
Posted by Meg1, Sunday, 2 July 2006 11:52:35 PM
Meg, everything I do and claim is based on facts. Problem is, that
people like you don't have access to them. Perhaps a subscription
to the Economist for a year, would bring you up to date with the
world. Their website contains some free articles, but not all.

June 26th 2003 has an article, using OECD and similar data, to show
that poverty has in fact decreased in the world. Its decreased
mainly in countries which are more globalised. Look at the huge rise
of the middle class in Asia for instance. Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, now China joining in. Billions have been lifted out of poverty. Indian Economist Surjit Bhalla, in a book
for the Institute of International Economics, confirms those
findings.

Gate's charity is just a game? His 1.5 billion$ last year went
to vital research on a vaccine for aids, a vaccine for malaria,
he's tackling the 12 diseases that affect the third world most.
Rockefellar's foundation found a cure for yellow fever, amongst
many other things. What Gates and Buffett are doing is incredible for
the third world, for poverty and for diseases facing humanity.
They are also introducing accountability into charity, something
that has been sadly lacking. Two of the world's best brains
tackling third world problems, you are very foolish and ignorant
to not see the potential of that.

Read up a little on the real problems in India. Govt overregulation
of agriculture, has been a disaster, making everyone poorer.
Twenty million people farming 17 million acres, gives you some
idea of the size of a "farm" in India. They face a similar problem
as Rwanda, too many people on too little land. So now you think that
the solution is for the poorest and landless, to pay even more for
food? India has Govt warehouses full of food, yet hundreds of millions who can't afford to buy it

For facts check out Economist Feb 15th, 2001
Posted by Yabby, Monday, 3 July 2006 9:39:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. 31
  9. Page 32
  10. 33
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy