The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Peace may still be a possibility > Comments

Peace may still be a possibility : Comments

By Barry Cohen, published 6/2/2006

Barry Cohen argues the Hamas victory might not be such a bad thing after all.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Good to hear from you again Barry, those great years come back to me , your post is spot on.
And your well known humor will make some posts against you here reason for a grin
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 8 February 2006 3:52:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I feel as though Israel will never garner complete world support though it may ensure majority support should it follow the UN resolutions calling for it to withdraw to the sanctioned borders (prior to 67 I think they were) and then constructed its security fences along those lines. That would forstall many voices who argue that UN resolutons are being enforced selectively based on whether or not you are a friend of the United States. I think Israel has a complete right to exists as a seperate state but I also think that I will not see if within my lifetime while it relies on it's friendship with the United States to stare down any pressure for it to comply with the United Nations resolutions. The United States manages to do itself a grave disservice by insisting that the Palestinians make the first move. There would be no greater gesture than Israel retiring to and then fortifiying it's legal borders.
Posted by blackdropbear, Friday, 21 April 2006 7:45:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy