The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > 'Munich' and moral equivalence > Comments

'Munich' and moral equivalence : Comments

By Colin Andersen, published 2/2/2006

Colin Andersen reviews Steven Speilberg's film 'Munich'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Fellow-human,

"Can you at least research the topic before pausing as an intellect".

Should that be posing as an intellectual?

The Second World War was started by the countries that demanded Germany pay war reparations after WW1. The demands could not possibly be met. Enter Adolf Hitler. The USA should not have fought against a European country. Brother against brother. Wrong.

As for the claim that I am a Nazi/Racist/white supremist. I can only say do I not bleed when I am cut? As my grandpapa used to say"we must never forget what it is that we remember to forget".OI VEY. MOSSAD SMOSSAD. I think I might retire to Florida. Business is business. All we want is justice. Pass the soup mildred. Me racist? NEVER.
Posted by FRIEDRICH, Monday, 6 February 2006 7:14:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Amazing, Platangenet. Utterly amazing.

I pointed out to you the fundamental contradiction in your own argument. But instead of acknowledging it, you deny it by continuing to present an argument that is itself a contradiction.

Let’s take this s-l-o-w-l-y will we?

You claim that racism is utterly verboten. You claim that stereotyping people, even stereotyping people positively, is unacceptable racism. You then recount a tale of living in Germany where you formed the opinion that the Germans are anti Semitic.

By characterising Germans as anti Semitic and racist, you are labeling Germans with a negative stereotype. Which according to your sacred logic is racist.

Now personally, I see nothing wrong with stereotyping, prejudging or forming positive or negative opinions about anybody. But I shake my head in pitying wonder at the incredible mindsets of people like you, who routinely violate a principle which they claim is a moral absolute that must never be violated.

This appears to be characteristic of the lack of intellectual capacity from people with your mindset. Over and over, I get posters on this site coming out with real gems of contradiction such as “The only people who look down on others, are ill educated rednecks with low intelligence.”

Orwell was right.

Tell me. Is your opposition to racism the product of critical analysis? Or do you simply parrot the arguments of the peers who you admire and who do your thinking for you?
Posted by redneck, Tuesday, 7 February 2006 6:07:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Friedrich,

SO you hate Jews, you want to 'eradicate all Muslims' but you are not racist and to you this is 'justice'.

Herr Fried- rich,

We all studied history of WW1 & 2 (or at least a version of it).
History = past and the only value it holds is our learnings from it and moving forward to become better people to oursleves and each other.

What is your view on a better world then?
Posted by Fellow_Human, Tuesday, 7 February 2006 8:23:09 AM
Well, talking of Australia, this is a sanctuary for flourishing rednecks of a native Britons' origin where xenophobia affects equally any outsider – an Arab, European, Jew, Japanese etc. etc. etc., even not speaking of religious differences.

However, Spielberg’s movies are on related but different topic, and made from a safe haven of California, embedding the war times’ tragedies and Jewish - Arabian relations, his films to me are as much realistic as musical “The Cats ” has been educative at the lessons in ecology.
Posted by MichaelK., Tuesday, 7 February 2006 11:12:18 AM
Redneck

Most German’s I have known have been deeply apologetic about the racist past of Germany and for Germany starting WWII.

I was trying to establish with FRIEDRICH how he really stood (on Jewish people, and German’s past).

His answers are eerie but in character for a certain group. Hence he wrote:

“Richard Perle Jew
Paul Wolfowitz Jew
Douglas Feith Jew
Edward Luttwak Jew
Dov Zakheim Jew
Kenneth Adelman Jew
Lewis Libby Jew
Robert Satloff Jew
Elliott Abrams Jew
Marc Grossman Jew

The list is a lot longer. Give me the go ahead.

Posted by FRIEDRICH, Monday, 6 February 2006 1:20:37 PM”

The extreme right revisionist view of WWII has long read something like this:

“The Second World War was started by the countries that demanded Germany pay war reparations after WW1. The demands could not possibly be met. Enter Adolf Hitler. The USA should not have fought against a European country. Brother against brother. Wrong…..

Posted by FRIEDRICH, Monday, 6 February 2006 7:14:24 PM”

Neo Nazi’s are occasionally allied to radical Muslims given their shared hatred of Jews.

See this article http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/006/012qltyo.asp

“Such an alliance seems unlikely on its face; after all, neo-Nazis view most Muslims as racially inferior, while Islamic extremists believe that neo-Nazis are just another flavor of infidel. However, a closer examination reveals that many white-supremacist groups have expressed solidarity with Islamic terrorists recently, and in turn some white supremacists and far-right Holocaust deniers have found newfound supporters among the Islamists.”

So that’s about the size of it redneck. I admit I don’t like neo Nazi’s whatever their race.

Where do you stand on this?

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 7 February 2006 1:42:11 PM
Goodness, this thread has been hijacked into dwelling on old history..."the" holocaust...as if African Americans, Native Americans, Australian aborignal people, the Irish, the Russians etc. have not had their own suffering in the past.

Get over it! We are talking about the present persecution of Palestinians. There is no monopoly of suffering in the past. We can help human beings suffering now...so stop hijacking this thread to the past to divert from what is happening RIGHT NOW.

The human beings in Israel are occupying, stealing land, and murdering other human beings...anything else is a red herring....so get over it and deal with this issue.
Posted by sunisle, Tuesday, 7 February 2006 2:35:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy