The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The sensible option on Iran > Comments

The sensible option on Iran : Comments

By Leanne Piggott, published 23/1/2006

Leanne Piggott argues a nuclear-armed Iran is a terrifying prospect but 'people power' could still lead to a regime change.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
oh fide mae
Some of the idiots you refer to knew that Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction. Many of them knew that Iraq posed no threat to the rest of the world. Thousands of your educated analysts should have known these facts and thus saved the lives of many thousands of people in Iraq.
The educated analyst will often write a report which contains the information that his/her employer wants to hear.

It somethimes seems that there are more experts on terrorism than there are terrorists. I suppose that a lot of them are employed by the "intelligence" services of different countries.

As long as we continue to rely on the advice of experts then we will continue to live in a world filled with expertly organised violence.
This situation will continue until people start to use their own brains istead of relying on experts.
Posted by Peace, Sunday, 29 January 2006 7:00:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I would point out that you are not disagreeing with me, but with democracy. You sure you trust your own reasoning, compared with the thought of a few centuries thinkers, as well as the whole public service?
Posted by fide mae, Monday, 30 January 2006 4:07:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think this is the first time I've seen a Western academic, anywhere, call for regime change in Iran. Even in the USA, the advocates of this position seem to come mostly from think tanks, not universities.

In my experience, they also usually warn not to work with the PMOI (aka MEK, aka MKO). I'm aware that the PMOI does have supporters among the Iranian diaspora (it looks like there are a few posting on this thread), but in general they seem to have a bad reputation. See the comments here, for example:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=17189
Posted by mporter2006, Wednesday, 1 February 2006 6:20:54 PM
OO yes, the PMOI are worse (If possible) they worked for Saddam, in killing Iranian Soldiers, Paid by Saddam. Killing Kurds also, and countless many others.
And this is the leadership western Governments seek to empower?.
See this and read the links.

http://majorityrights.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/41/
Posted by All-, Friday, 3 February 2006 6:36:07 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy