The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Shades of the nanny state in Nelson's drive to implement VSU > Comments

Shades of the nanny state in Nelson's drive to implement VSU : Comments

By Alex Collins and Krystian Seibert, published 20/1/2006

Alex Collins and Christian Seibert argue the passing of (VSU) legislation by the Senate will please many members of the Liberal Party.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
The real truth of this post is summed up in the words

“Australian universities don't need a nanny state to tell them what to do, they need the freedom to make their own decisions as to how they provide quality student services.”

These two must be undergraduates, they have the argument back to face. Removing compulsory union fees, in fact, steps away form the regulatory embrace of the “nanny state”.

Re “..due to student apathy at Australian universities, they are rarely held to proper account through student elections.”

The authors ask to let Universities compete. Well, let them and let decide if they will charge for a range of student services and let the students decide if they should pay on a user pays basis. This is the opposite of the past practice of students having their arm twisted to force them to pay for unused, unjustifiable and unjust economic support of the political extremists who the authors admit are the only ones interested in promoting the cause and directing the funds of the union
Posted by Col Rouge, Wednesday, 25 January 2006 2:17:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
i demands the right to be forced to join a union against my will and have my money used for blatant left wing political purposes.

fight the power.
Posted by vinny, Monday, 30 January 2006 7:38:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy