The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Anecdotal evidence points to relief for MS sufferers > Comments

Anecdotal evidence points to relief for MS sufferers : Comments

By Cris Kerr, published 3/1/2006

Cris Kerr argues low-dose Naltrexone is a viable treatment option for multiple sclerosis sufferers.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I agree we need a better way for clinical trials to be instigated, and that LDN maybe helpful. But we have no choice except the current system.

No one will pay for orphan drugs to be trialed so drug companies create analogs of these drugs to get patent rights again. An example of this is thalidomide now patented as Thalomid by Celgene. I know thalidomide is a dangerous drug but it has been used successfully in Multiple Myeloma. The cost has risen from $6 per tablet to $60, and this is for a drug that is 40 years old.

Celgene also have another analog of thalidomide called Revlimid which they are looking for a disease. It is in 40 clinical trials. In one trial (for MDS) 11 patients died!! Yet it has been fast tracked by the FDA in the US. Cost $55,000 per patient.

Have a look at http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/uninformed_consent/ and see the problems that are around in medical research. This has been going on for years. This article shows how a not for profit cancer centre has spawned bio-tech companies worth $18 billion, its former staff have taken thier research and become multi-millionaires

The problem is called greed, and we have no way to change it.
Posted by Steve Madden, Tuesday, 3 January 2006 3:31:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Another cure all drug, just like all the rest that don't work. Yep use Naltrexone, if you want your liver to collapse. Typical, a false lifeline to the sufferers of the world so that the pharmaceutical companies can make a bit more from the misery they inflict.

I have a friend with MS and watched as they deteriorated, spending their money on everything the doctors recommended, but just getting sicker all the time. I tried to convince him that a lot of his problem were lifestyle and diet, but to no avail. Last year he met another sufferer, who had practically removed the symptoms by changing his approach and understanding of how his body worked. My friends condition has stabilised and he is improving on a plan I had used to save my life

Our bodies are machines, just like a car but biological machines. Each machine require a specific form of fuel so that it functions as it should. So people don't put petrol in the sump and water in the fuel tank as it would stop the machine. With the human body, they do exactly the opposite, they eat everything that is alien and detrimental to the biological machine. The pharmaceutical and medical world know this, so they push additives in food that will cause adverse reaction in the body and then they peddle their drugs they have designed to cover the symptoms of the harm their additives have created.

When you remove these alien things from the body, it begins to rejuvenate itself. The cause of most of our problems boils down to dairy products additives and preservatives. Being the only animal that takes lactates after weaning, we are also the sickest.

You can control and lessen the effects of all disease by using the right fuel for your body and every body is different. Even so called genetic conditions can be reversed when you change the genetic lifestyle of the sufferer.

Your approach to life determines your success at over coming adversity, not a drug that tries to mask the symptoms that other drugs have caused
Posted by The alchemist, Wednesday, 4 January 2006 10:28:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Alchemist
"You can control and lessen the effects of all disease by using the right fuel for your body and every body is different. Even so called genetic conditions can be reversed when you change the genetic lifestyle of the sufferer."

How do you change a "genetic lifestyle"? What is a "genetic lifestyle"?

Of course a healthy lifestyle and diet is important but the rest of your post is non-sensical.
Posted by Steve Madden, Wednesday, 4 January 2006 10:36:47 AM
Oh my goodness....Chris is right on here guys. I know because I am an MS patient who has been saved by the wonderful theories of Dr. Bihari and LDN. Trust me , I am so not into drugs but this is one that I am so very thankful for. It has halted the progression of my MS for the last almost 4 years now. I just want to applaud Chris Kerr for her convictions and her trying to get this into the mainstream as many, many of us have tried for the last few years to no avail.
The pharmaceutical companies are the ones that dictate what gets studied and guess what guys...if there is no hope for a payback it just ain't gonna happen. I am so very thankful that I have what I need and I have the knowledge about it but what about the many millions out there that don't know about it? All I can say is this...if you know anyone with MS or any sort of auto immune disorder really, the list is limited only by the fact that only certain disorders have been looked at and they have tried LDN so far,(Parkinsons, Fibromyalgia, PLS, autism..yes..autism, do some research and you will find that this is a remarkable new application for a drug that hopefully will find its way to the masses.
Posted by JoyceF, Wednesday, 4 January 2006 11:18:19 AM
Steve, I class a genetic lifestyle as one where the types of foods, combinations, cooking methods and utensils are followed by each generation. Over time, they create conditions that are contributed to by each successive generation, causing genetic faults.

I would never say that this goes for all genetic conditions, but if you went back far enough you would probably find a common denominator that would begin this process. There are also environmental genetic mutations than can contribute as well. What I am saying is not some cure all, but when confronted with a problem of this sort, a different approach to it helps psychologically and also biologically.

We know how powerful our minds are, so if we strengthen the mind and find answers as to why this condition prevails, we strengthen the immune system. I survived a death sentence against all odds, by changing everything about my life, including friends and family influences. For me survival was more important than any emotional hold.

Since that time more than 30 years ago, I've been able to help others find answers for their problems. A lot did and improved the quality and length of their lives, most didn't have the guts or strength to take that responsibility themselves, and left it to medical science. Resulting in their deaths.

If that I say seems nonsensical, thats fine, we all have different understandings. With health, trying to push the unorthodox doesn't work. Survivors are those who are determined to take control of their lives, not be controlled by any condition Big words, but I would've rather died in charge of my life than at the mercy and misery of the pharmaceutically controlled medical profession. If there is a drug that helps, then their must be a natural non drug method as well, just logic
Posted by The alchemist, Wednesday, 4 January 2006 11:45:37 AM
Alchemist, you are really good!!
You just trashed something like the Low Dose of Naltrexone that you obviously know very little about, to say how cool you are with your lifestyle formula.

Coming back to your false statement about LDN and Liver:

Does Naltrexone Cause Permanent Liver Disease? (No)
Can Naltrexone be Used in the Presence of Liver Disease (Yes)
[References with Abstract from Medline Search for 'naltrexone' and 'hepatotoxicity']

http://www.doctordeluca.com/Library/References/Nal_Hepatic_Tox.htm

Sorry but I do not really care or have time to tell you anything more about the LDN.

Max
Posted by MMax, Wednesday, 4 January 2006 11:59:59 PM
Alchemist's views shouldn't be dismissed too lightly.

I'm not well versed in MS or its treatment and for all I know Naltrexone may be the wonder drug Cris claims it to be.

I have a chronic metabolic disorder, which (similarly to Alchemist) I am controlling through diet and nutritional supplement. This particular disorder, if left unchecked, results in mental health problems and if I'd followed the advice of conventional medicine I'd be on anti-depressants for life. I might have functioned okay as a result but the underlying digestive and metabolic problems would still have been there - masked but not healed. Instead, I'm feeling the best I have for a long time and have no need for any medication.

If I had MS, I would certainly consider this drug. But I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that dietary and lifestyle changes might not be just as effective in controlling symptoms. I have a friend who was once quite debilitated by MS and who made some radical changes to her diet and lifestyle. Today she is both symptom-free and drug-free.
Posted by Bronwyn, Thursday, 5 January 2006 2:11:36 AM
Of course I agree with all of you about the importance of dietary and lifestyle changes.

I just think that starting this topic trashing firstly the Low Dose of Naltrexone was unfair. Also, the insinuation about the probability of causing Liver damage was orrible and needed to be rectified.

I cannot tell you how and who can have benefit from this drug but I can tell you that it is very hard to find weakness of such therapy.

The driving force behind Research, Development, and Clinical Trials is commercial. There’s no big profit to be made from a clinical trial of a ‘generic’ or ‘orphan’ drug such as Naltrexone regardless of the promise it holds, so nothing happens:
http://www.thecompounder.com/cantgetldn.html

Having said that, I am not really upset with anybody and I wish you all the best.
Ciao
Posted by MMax, Thursday, 5 January 2006 3:32:47 AM
Hi all,

Thank you all for your comments. They're all relevant ... especially "J" who is an outstanding woman and was the first to submit an LDN success story to Case Health years ago. (Sounds a lot like you "J" - hope I'm not wrong about that.)

Everyone is different - we all have our own perspective and preference - but we also have one thing in common - that is the desire to give patients sufficient information for them to make informed decisions - and if you don't have access to ALL the relevant information you can't make an informed decision.

To those respondents who've achieved success or know of someone who has achieved success: You're invited to submit your success story to Case Health because the weight of anecdotal evidence will add credibility to the successful method employed - whether it be diet, exercise, supplementation, or drug - doesn't matter - as long as it achieved success from your (the patient's) perspective.

That is what the 'Case Health - Health Success Stories' website is all about - the collection of anecdotal evidence of success to give weight to promising methods regardless of the method type.

When sufficient evidence builds, as is the case with LDN, it warrants official investigation - hence my article and my advocacy for an offical body that can act on patient testimony of success.

Regards,
Cris Kerr

PS The risk to the liver mentioned in one of the posts refers to a Naltrexone study based on extremely high doses (from memory, over 10 times the 4.5mg used to successfully treat autoimmune disorders such as MS).
Posted by Cris Kerr, Thursday, 5 January 2006 9:34:40 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mmax, MS is the result of damage to myelin - a protective sheath surrounding nerve fibres of the central nervous system. When myelin is damaged, this interferes with messages between the brain and other parts of the body. This is a manageable and reversible complaint properly approached.

Naltrexone is s synthetic drug which when taken in large does destroys the liver. As with all synthetic drugs, there are side effects which irrelevant to individual dosage has an accumulating affect over time. Thats why when medico's say that the transplant or drug treatment is successful, they are only talking 2-5 years. After that drugs begin to destroy the immune system.

If this were not so, then we would all be cured by just popping a pill. More than 15000 people were hospitalised from pharmaceutically adverse reactions last year. Thousands die in hospitals from wrong diagnosis, and wrong treatment each year. Medicine has a history of mis diagnosis, wrong treatment and drug poisonings.

I am a part of a support group that helps those that have been classed as incurable, without hope and badly harmed by medical practise. I got into this because of my own fight against the death sentence handed down by the medical profession regarding my condition. They gave me just 18 months at the most, 33 years ago. My doctor calls me the walking dead and I tell him what to look for, he constantly prescribes drugs, knowing I won't take them. Then he asks me what I did that fixed the problem. My problem won't go away, but I am healthier than I was back then and even though they tell me I shouldn't be here, now they say I will live a to a very old age, I'm over 60.

What keeps me going is my diet and lots of excercise, most my age have good bodies, but bad health, I have excellent health but a buggered body that still works
Posted by The alchemist, Thursday, 5 January 2006 1:35:02 PM
Alchemist.

As a person with "incurable" cancer I am interested in your story. I hear many stories about people given a period of time to live based on statistics, we all know that statistics are irrelevant in individual cases. I will probably not die from leukaemia but from pnuemonia due to my seriously impaired immune system. No amount of drugs will stop this.

What is the illness you have conquored? If you would rather not say I understand. I am just interested.

Steve
Posted by Steve Madden, Thursday, 5 January 2006 1:55:32 PM
Steve, Lung cancer that spread to my bones. I had the lower right lobe removed in an experimental procedure, they figured I wouldn't survive long. I didn't smoke but couldn't throw of colds. Then my lungs collapsed. In Peter maccallum I lost my hair, nails, vomited constantly and my body was in constant agony, I walked out and went home to die. A friend brought a bloke to see me and he told me that he couldn't help, but he could show me how to help myself. I thought he was a crank but wife to be and friends pestered me to try.

He taught me how to live properly, to understand and work with my body. He showed me how to use my mind to change my metabolic rates and how to actually feel what is going on inside me.

Three years later, I had a pain in my chest, doctor sent me to see the surgeon that had done the job. When I walked he went white and couldn't speak. From that point I realised that I may be handling my problem, so set of travelling to find the answers to lots of questions.

Those travels brought me in touch with many that were suffering. Those that made the effort to take control, made it. Those that relied on medical practise, didn't. So now I am always available to help people with what I have learnt, even to the point of having them come and stay with me or going to them anywhere in the country to help if I can. Health should be free, not on economic terms as it is now. I give my knowledge freely, my reward is seeing people happy and in control of their lives, even if they haven't reversed their problem, which is rare, 99% stop it from killing them. I am not 100% by any means, but I am alive and planning a long future, always knowing that sitting right behind me is a death sentence, I just stay well in front of it.
Posted by The alchemist, Thursday, 5 January 2006 3:32:03 PM
Alchemist.
I assume you had Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (given your description) and that you were treated with surgery, chemotherapy and radiation at the Peter McCallum Cancer Institute and you have survived this cureable disease as many others have. This is the only form of lung cancer where surgery is used.

If you had not had treatment you would be dead. No matter what you think about other ways of "healing". Your views about refusing medical treatment are dangerous and I will continue to vehemently oppose your views.

You did not cure yourself your Doctor's did, you are a charlatan and I despise you and your kind.

I have chemotherapy on a regular basis and it is palliative my disease always comes back. I understand the feelings you describe but would never go home to die.

I am so angry I will end this post. You are full of Sh*t. Your dangerous views make me want to vomit more than chemotherapy.
Posted by Steve Madden, Thursday, 5 January 2006 4:25:26 PM
Hi Chris, it is indeed me. Thanks so much for your comments on my being an outstanding person...*s*. I'm not sure what drives me in this passionate quest to get this information to the masses but darn it...somebodies a gotta do it...lol.
I do agree with a lot of what you are saying Alchemist but I'm not at all convinced that the LDN will destroy my liver. Chris mentioned that we take it at 10 times less the FDA approved dose of 50mg but the studies that were conducted and showed some liver issues was done at 300mg...now I ask you...is there anything out there that would not hurt the liver if administered at such a high dose...I think not. Alchemist, I know exactly what you are saying about those expensive treatments that are touted and really don't work. Money is what spurs many unsavory things in life. Please do not discount this very life affirming new discovery as it might very well help many people that you know. You see, it regulates the immune system and there are many very intelligent people that are taking it just as a precautionary thing to ward off cancers and such that run in their families. I am very much in agreement with you on the whole issue about our lifestyles and the choices that we make with regards to things like microwave ovens, plastics, teflon, antibiotics. These are all things that were not around years ago and the use of them these days, I'm afraid, is contributing to the many many new cases of cancers and other diseases.....con't
Posted by JoyceF, Friday, 6 January 2006 7:19:43 AM
I guess I have become long winded in my old age...lol. con't from previous post...
Steve, I'm not exactly sure where your anger is coming from. It is pretty clear that Alchemist has taken control of his life and has made some changes that have benefited him greatly and I applaud that. I don't discount the great reversal of disease that can happen when we take better care with the things we eat...etc. Our bodies are like machines that are regulated by a good immune system. When we start throwing things in the mix that the immune system just can't handle, that is where disease happens. It can be reversed by dietary things but the beauty of the LDN is in the immune system regulation. I happen to be very happy that the very thing that has allowed me back in the game of life is also something that could very well prevent cancer in the future.
I am very very thankful for these avenues of discussion because this is how we all learn and I welcome any other responses.
Oh and I think everyone should check out Chris's site www.casehealth.com. The way to know when things really work is to hear about them from the actual patients that use these therapies. The same goes for www.remedyfind.com where LDN is reported as the #1 treatment for MS by the patients themselves.
Posted by JoyceF, Friday, 6 January 2006 7:20:38 AM
JoyceF
I need to explain my anger at The Alchemist. He has stated that he was given a death sentence when diagnosed with Lung Cancer. This scaremongering is just not true, his oncologist was wrong to tell him he had 18 months to live and he was wrong to believe it.

Alchemist then proceeds to state that people should not take drugs for their medical conditions but to follow his method, if they haven’t the guts to follow he states “most didn't have the guts or strength to take that responsibility themselves, and left it to medical science. Resulting in their deaths.”

He implies a 99% success rate “even if they haven't reversed their problem, which is rare, 99% stop it from killing them.” Tell that to someone with Mesothelioma, Inoperable Small Cell Lung Cancer or Acute Myeloid Leukaemia in blast crisis.

I too am in a support network for my incurable leukaemia, a group of 2,500 people worldwide. 2-3 of these friends die each month. Not because they didn’t have the guts or strength but because they had an incurable illness to which they succumbed. When your bone marrow fails it fails and no amount of positive thinking, controlling metabolic rates, or strengthening of a non existent immune system can help.

My anger comes from a dangerous man calling my dead friends gutless; I wish that when my time comes I have the guts and strength they showed.

An email from a dead friend “I have talked before about my concept of hope being a verb rather than a noun: something we can choose to do rather than something we can gain or lose. I can now focus 100% on hoping for a "good death", which to me goes far beyond freedom from pain and involves getting closure to my life, making the process easier for my family, and documenting whatever aspects of my life I feel are worth passing along.”

Maybe you can now understand my anger.
Posted by Steve Madden, Sunday, 8 January 2006 6:28:47 AM
Steve, Your claims about me, may show why you have chosen palliative. I'm around palliative wards a lot and understand.

I doubt you'd have a clue what it was like 33 years ago, nor what P Mc's procedures and techniques were then. My left side was inoperable, the main reason for the chemo/rad. I didn't give you a time line nor information regarding my condition or treatment. Look what Ian Gawler achieved.

Yell, scream and abuse all you like, it won't help your condition. Someone that just denies anything but medical science, I have no pity nor sympathy for. From your attitude, it appears you just gave yourself to the system and said, kill me peacefully.

Conditions that rear their heads later in life and not at birth or in the first few years, can have environmental and dietary factors that trigger these conditions.

If you find those triggers and stop them, then you can stop the reaction. Cities with high pollution, huge EM Fields, toxins and low nutritional foods as well as psychological stress, contribute to those triggers.

Many have reversed MS without drugs, no drug is 100% safe. True if you had large doses of carrot juice, it would kill you, all things have toxic levels, synthetic drugs are just that synthetic. Not natural and in all the years of research, no cold cure, just mask the symptoms.

I haven't had a cold for more than 30 years, because of my lifestyle. My health is great for someone like me, but compared to the norm for my age, no comparison.

Maybe you resent those that take control of themselves, so continue to grovel in your own self pity, if thats what you are doing. I'm in control of my life, not some drug treatment that kills you (palliative).
Posted by The alchemist, Sunday, 8 January 2006 7:57:19 AM
Hi Steve,
I certainly do understand what you are saying but I'm not exactly sure of the intent that was expressed. Of course we will have to let Alchemist explain what he was trying to say. I just know that this is not what I got out of his postings. If he says that he was given a death sentence, I'm sure that is what was perceived at the time cuz truthfully, that is what comes out of traditional medicine. I think that one tends to feel there is one right and one wrong when there is clearly a lot more to any of the issues then just what is apparent on the surface. I personally think there is room for both traditional and alternative medicine in this world. The trouble is that the traditional medicine route is just too darned lucritive these days. Can you imagine just what would happen if one day there was no disease. There'd be no need for doctors, less need for hospitals and insurance agents. Oh and what about all those professional fund raising organizations. That's a lot of people out of work. I'm starting to think that disease and misery is making the world go round...con't...
Posted by JoyceF, Sunday, 8 January 2006 8:34:09 AM
Oh boy...my comments are just longer then what is allowed. Please bear with me on part II again...lol.
Getting back to Alchemist, I think that I understand what he is saying about how most people are not really willing to do most of the things that one must do to completely reverse their medical situation. It is mind boggling what one has to consider and do. We all know that there are many out there that would just rather take a pill then to say, adjust their diets. That is of course their choice to do this but maybe not a wise choice. Of course there are many situations were the disease is way too far gone to be able to reverse it, regardless of what you try. I don't know enough about your particular disorder but have you looked into LDN possibly helping with it? I just went to www.ldninfo.org and noticed that Lymphocytic Leukemia is listed as something that could be helped potentially. I would say that regardless of what is listed, there is a possiblity of it helping. The disorders that are listed are limited to what may have been presented for treatment at one time or another.
I am sure that your friends that have succumbed to their disorder were very brave in life and with their particular situation, never really knowing what the next day will bring. I applaud you for doing all that you can to research and help yourself. It is all anyone can expect to do. I wish you well. Joyce.
Posted by JoyceF, Sunday, 8 January 2006 8:35:12 AM
Alchemist.
You did give me a time-line, “They gave me just 18 months at the most, 33 years ago”. Once again you misunderstand my point, or you choose not to. I used the term palliative in its correct form” Relieving or soothing the symptoms of a disease or disorder without affecting a cure”. Not in the usage you use of palliative care or hospice care.

Once again I have to state that Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia is INCURABLE. No treatment has even been proved to increase life expectancy let alone affect a cure. So once again I say that treatment for me is palliative, it is a quality of life issue. I take synthetic drugs so my life will be as normal as possible.

Your dislike for conventional medicine is your own affair, keep it to yourself. If you choose to blame the victim for their illness you are a very sad old man.

I choose to live life to the fullest everyday, not to look for reasons for my illness, not to blame myself for doing something wrong, and certainly not groveling in self pity.

When diagnosed I had a white blood cell count of 430,000 (normal <11,000) my spleen was 8cm below my left rib cage. I had Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia. 76% of my white cells were malignant lymphocytes and bone marrow involvement was 84%. Synthetic drugs mean I can still function. No amount of green tea, positive thinking, stimulating my immune system (the last thing that would help me), yoga, meditation, controlling my metabolic rate or other mumbo jumbo could achieve what Rituxan, Chlorambucil, Fludarabine, Erythropoietin and Intravenous Immunoglobulins have. Got rid of the pesky spleen that was causing the anemia too.

It amazes me that you cannot understand how hurtful your comments are no matter how good your intentions may be.

But of course you are intellectually superior to me; you have all the simplistic answers, and the rhetoric I hear everyday from well meaning morons. Lets all leave the city ,live in mud huts, grow our own leeches for medical treatment and die of cholera.
Posted by Steve Madden, Sunday, 8 January 2006 11:36:50 AM
Oh gawd, not another one. I've had MS for years and periodically someone comes up with a new treatment being denied us all by the backward health system. Remember the 4 Corners tosh about marijuana being an invaluable MS treatment a few years back, replete with images of a prim vicar's wife surreptitiously doing deals with the village supplier? A sure way to make an MS person feel even sicker - the TV that is. Or the Melbourne physician who appears on commercial TV every year or so when they're short of a story to trundle out his marvellous drug treatment - also denied us all by a rule-bound bureaucracy.
MS is unpredictable and often extremely variable in its long and short term effects and from person to person. It is very easy indeed to attribute any temporary medium or short term improvements to whatever experiment you might have indulged in lately - drug-taking, changes in diet, exercise, positive thinking, hyperbaric thingamibob, astral energy - whatever took your fancy at the time. I have a notebook stuffed with these "treatments" - purely for amusement you understand, and it grows year by year.
A friend suffered a severe attack of MS 40+ years ago and after a remission had no more symptoms. She attributes her cure (she jokes) to the fact that she took up bike riding just before the miracle. So I tried the bike-riding - you don't use your legs to balance on a bike - a good discovery, but the cure was typically evasive....
Some of these ideas might well help some people in some way some time in the future, but public funds can be wasted chasing treatments or a cure. I hope that funds are directed only after rigorous assessments of likely outcomes.
Vested interests appear to abound. e.g. the dope treatment.
As do numerous glowing testimonials for you-name-it.
And the internet has provided a way for these fads to proliferate even more than they did via tabloid TV.
Garlic with fish oil anyone?
Posted by Henery, Sunday, 8 January 2006 2:09:18 PM
Sorry Steve, time line for my treatment. Your certainly paranoid about anything other than medically accepted procedures. Returning to good health is not simplistic and requires investigation and discipline. You can keep your quack cures, green tea or other miraculous junk.

I live with the best technology there is, in sth Tas where the air and water are very clean, we use technology in the least harmful way.

My business supports me helping people, we have a place for people to stay to see if we can help. It gives them a break from debilitating city lifestyles. There are those to far advanced for any help, that's very disturbing for us all. I have shed many tears over the years at all the good people that haven't made it. Those that have, are the reason why I continue to help. Sorry if that offends you.

As to being hurtful, could that be because you can't stand the fact that others have overcome adversity successfully, whilst you keep your head in the sand. I understand your form of palliative, it still leads to the same result in the end. Luckily, there are those who aren't prepared to comfortably die without a fight.

Stick to your path Steve, thats your choice. Pity you can't celebrate those that make it against the odds, wishes and predictions of others. From your bitterness, tone and attitude, you may have read a bit about other approaches, but not tried lifestyle changes.

I have regular tests, as medical science is very good at finding abnormalities. I've a lot of scaring and thickening in my chest, which gives me problems, so I have to watch that. But I did survive inoperable NSC.

So say what you like, I'm an alive moron, not a dead one. As to being well meaning, not at all, just a viewpoint. I couldn't care less, we all make our own bed to lie in. I only have time for those that have a real go at living and those that are beyond help, that need and accept support.
Posted by The alchemist, Sunday, 8 January 2006 4:11:20 PM
People who reverse the effects of chronic illness without resorting to medication, Steve and Henery, don't do it with green tea and positive thinking. They do it through lots of research, hard work and self-discipline.

In my case, it has meant finding out what nutrition my system was missing and taking a wide range of targeted supplements. It has also meant cutting sugar, alcohol, caffeine, gluten and lactose from my diet. All of this, along with exercise and stress management, has required enormous effort, expense and patience on my part.

You put your faith in the medical and pharmaceutical industries if you will. That is your choice - I respect it and wish you well. Just don't slag off ignorantly at people who choose wholistic methods of healing.
Posted by Bronwyn, Sunday, 8 January 2006 4:16:36 PM
Poor old alchemist, you really are a sad old man; your ego just couldn’t let you hide your real agenda. “My business supports me helping people; we have a place for people to stay to see if we can help. It gives them a break from debilitating city lifestyles”. I gave you a little rope and you hung yourself. Have a look at http://www.quackwatch.org you fit most categories. Your ambulance chasing to fill your little business must make you feel good.

You cannot give me a timeline of your illness because your previous posts give you no time to be ill. “Teaming up with the ex Rev, John Cavanagh Phd meritorious, and Fr Ron Cleary Phd (deceased), in their study travels”. (The term is emeritus and it relates to Professors not Doctors, sorry 30 years of working at The Australian National University taught me these things). But at least you can cut and paste John’s posts from July and claim them as your own.

It’s alright to tell little fibs, I don’t mind, but let us know the reality of your situation, not some theory you have learnt from Google. Your posts are so negative but you espouse knowledge beyond normal mortals.

It is often possible to remove lung cancer with surgery. Of all those people with non small cell lung cancer treated with surgery, about 80 out of every 100 (80%) will be alive 5 years later so much for your death sentence. You continue to state your point of view but have not addressed any of the points I have raised.

Another post from a friend from this Saturday “This post is one I had hoped not to write. My husband Marshall passed away on Wednesday. He seems he caught a flu which turned into pneumonia and he just couldn't fight it. He was too tired from fighting these past years. He went peacefully in his sleep.
I'm going to miss him so much!
Posted by Steve Madden, Monday, 9 January 2006 3:38:55 PM
Well Steve, you sure are bitter and twisted, to go through all my posts to find nothing. My time line fits perfectly, with all I say.

Who is this john you allege I paste and post from. Unlike you I have no interest in attacking people, I have a go at their beliefs. It's amusing, you see how secure they are in those beliefs. Those that are clinging to illusions, always attack. Those that are confident and secure in their beliefs, no matter what they are, just have a bit of a giggle and carry on, I respect that.

My business is hospitality and tourism, nothing to do with my helping others. Maybe your one of those people who only sees economics. Whilst some give freely, in thanks for every day they wake up. Maybe they like to see those that can, or may not make it, have break, relax a bit, sort their head out a bit. Even if they can't do it for their body.

Two or 3 a year come for a break, for peace and quite, good food air and water. They don't pay or stop taking medication, nor undergo treatments. We help them to be confident, no matter the outcome. Good food, diet and attitude does wonders, its not quackery, just common sense. Sure your not still in denial, instead of being at peace with yourself and the world.

Your accusing me of being a phony, just after more business, unlike your doctors, I give help freely.

I can understand the fear and apprehension you have with knowing the timing of your passing. If it makes you feel better abusing people with unwarranted and false accusations, then go ahead. It doesn't bother me.

After all that, I wish you well in your future. Knowing you will cope in the end, the only other choice is to fall apart. Only the very weak do that, most are very strong. A time around a palliative ward, was at John James Memorial in Canberra, when I worked in the coffee shop.
Posted by The alchemist, Monday, 9 January 2006 5:48:08 PM
Alchemist.

We are probably boring others with our little spat.

Email me at bimini2@bigpond.net.au if you would like to continue this discussion. My major disagreement is maybe terminology, incurable versus terminal. I know I cannot be cured but that does not mean I will fade away in pity.

Cheers
Steve
Posted by Steve Madden, Monday, 9 January 2006 6:17:34 PM
Hi Henery,

Yes, you’re spot on. We have heard it all before – treatments with promise that lead to nothing.

Naltrexone, however; is not a mysterious underground, hidden treatment. Naltrexone is approved as a treatment for recovering addicts but is not yet an approved treatment for MS - because it has not been tested as an MS treatment through clinical trials.

I hope you’ll agree… if a treatment shows promise (any treatment - Naltrexone or other), society should be motivated to prove or disprove efficacy through clinical trial in the hope it may benefit others. The problem is that clinical trials require funding and there is little incentive to fund a lengthy trial for a drug that is no longer protected.

In recording successes, the ‘Case Health – Health Success Stories’ website collects anecdotal evidence which, over time, holds promise of becoming statistically significant - as is the case with LDN.

It’s wise to reflect on past experience and be wary but that shouldn’t result in automatic disqualification of all treatments that hold promise of success.

I hope you’ll visit www.casehealth.com.au and read some or all of the stories attributed to LDN. In particular, if you’re suspicious about benefits for MS because MS can be misdiagnosed, please read all the LDN associated stories by entering ‘LDN’ as a keyword search term. You’ll find a recent HIV success story amongst them that may give cause for further consideration.

Regards,
Cris
Posted by Cris Kerr, Tuesday, 10 January 2006 9:25:23 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
APOLOGY

I received four blank success story submissions because the submission process malfunctioned recently.

The process is working again now but ... if you recently submitted a story it has been lost - a victim of software gremlins!

I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience.

If you wish to resubmit your success story I'd like to make the process as easy as I can for you.

You can send your story via the email contact form, I'll complete the rest.

Regards,
Cris
Posted by Cris Kerr, Friday, 13 January 2006 6:28:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy