The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > An unsound approach to teaching > Comments

An unsound approach to teaching : Comments

By Kevin Donnelly, published 30/11/2005

Kevin Donnelly argues a teacher's biggest priority is teaching a child to read.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Also in the article on second looking:

"Workshops and guides for parents were recommended"

Hmmm, i am not Nostradamous Pericles, but I am also not as stupid as you implied throughout this forum.

CASE DISMISSED.
Posted by Realist, Friday, 9 December 2005 10:46:46 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Glen, I'm glad you take delight in the fact that a report written for the government agrees with your point of view.

I wonder how many reports on other topics you agree with?

It might come as a surprise to you that sometimes these reports are written for *gasp* political purposes. Nothing is easier than to write any old anodyne rubbish that (like motherhood) cannot possibly be contradicted, safe in the knowledge that you don't have to back it up with action.

Reports like this also gain favour with public servants who simply love putting together the programmes to back them up, also knowing that no-one will ever take them to task on their success or failure. Very much like all those previous "lern to reed" programmes that failed so miserably that they have to think up yet another one.

So have a great day. Feel good in your moment of "triumph". In a few years there will be another report out that says something entirely different, and I expect you will agree with that too.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 12 December 2005 7:52:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy