The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A time when our religion belonged to us > Comments

A time when our religion belonged to us : Comments

By Bashir Goth, published 21/11/2005

Bashir Goth describes the Ramadan festivities he experienced as a child in Somalia.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. All
Kaktuz,

“When a 'radical' and a 'moderate' debate, the radical wins. So, as I have said, the radical Islamist kills and the moderate make excuses, saying that is not the "real" Islam.”

Nothing is further from the truth; a moderate Muslim always wins the debate that’s why the radical a) reverts to violence b) the first victim is other Muslims.

That’s why WE KNOW that Islamist terrorism has nothing to do with Islam not because we are making excuse.

For the sake of the 350 words limit, I published an article on my blog: www.musliminsight.blogspot.com

Great article Bashir..
Posted by Fellow_Human, Tuesday, 22 November 2005 3:53:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
modern moderates are unnoticed because they haven’t attempted to stop, islamic terrorism or social bullying by islam to the West. They seem to spend all their time shoving the beauty of islam down our necks when they could be addressing decent prison sentences for the Bali terrorists or the vilification case in Vic, it would have been nice to see the islamic community use their power to respect free speech in my country not squash it. So to believe their sincerity is foolish. The muslim clerics/spokespeople who reside in Australia … yes I think they are lying, so do most Aussies. Kadous touts himself as moderate:

Dr M Waleed Kadous October 17, 2005 Nine’s Sunday program:

“I’m sure that there are some in the community who are involved in terrorism, but it is important not to exaggerate either the threat or the number. I would — actually, can I retract that. Let me just think of a way to phrase that better.
If they do exist — and I’m not sure that they do exist — we only have ASIO’s word to say that.”
http://sunday.ninemsn.com.au/sunday/cover_stories/transcript_1891.asp

To my mind both these comments from Waleed read very differently, which are we to believe HE believes? No big problem or ASIO conspiracy… both are insane anyway.

I think islamists need to rethink their approach, by understanding and curtailing to freedom of religion for a start. It can be “troublesome” to say the least to leave islam, many muslims don’t for this reason, for the islamic councils to create an apostasy protection org would be a good beginning.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali ex-Muslim and critic of Islam, Salman Rushdie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy#Islam

The Muslim/s who helped with the recent terror raids SHOULD be able to be commended dont you agree?
The PC assumption-lie that every cultures standards-psychology will be accepted by the Western host is a cruel, deluded and selfish PC hoax for potential citizens and Australians. The slice of opinion here in this forum illustrates this point quiet well.

Fello Human please dont tell me fatwa are publicitys stunts again.. thats nuts
Posted by meredith, Tuesday, 22 November 2005 4:01:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
bosk,
I am really sorry you feel that way about Christianity - maybe if you go back and read again the second paragraph of my post it will be clear to you why you do not understand. See God not only is our father, He also lives in us. He is not a far away somewhere in the sky as most other religious concepts of a god.
Therefore I repeat that being a follower of Jesus is a relationship to The Father - unless you care to show me where it says that Jesus came to start a new religion on earth.
Nice try about trying to add words to my text: of course God revealed Himself through the ages he used people, events, nature and other prophets. However Jesus is the messiah that was always to come - the complete revelation of God: "if you know me you know my father who sent me" he said.
To have a new revelation after Jesus just doesn't add up don't you think? Unless you want to call God a deceiver.
Posted by coach, Tuesday, 22 November 2005 4:03:29 PM
Laurie
'Boaz, if your son or daughter decided to convert to Islam, or Judaism, or reject religion and become an atheist, would you be thrilled to hear they had rejected your teachings and beliefs? I suspect not. Consider your own reactions in a similar siutation before trying to cast aspertions on others.'

You've misread Davids post. The point he was trying to make was:

"Now, try to put yourself in our cultural situation here. And apply those things in reverse, asking the same questions."

Exactly what you said. He was trying to create empathy to our side of the story.
Posted by justin86, Tuesday, 22 November 2005 4:04:00 PM
Numbat,

A couple may have done so yet in the koran moslems are told it is ok to lie to unbelievers, that's you and I bosk - so?

FH: really, where in the Quran does it say that?

Look at any Moslem nation bosk, do you see freedom. Do you see hindu temples, Christian churches, perhaps in Indonesia and Malaysia but there they are regularly bombed.

FH: you need to travel to Muslim countries for a change: Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Morroco, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Jordan have Christian population and churches from the last 20 centuries. Christmas and Easter are public holidays in some Muslim countries.

When was the last time two moslem school girls were decapitated in Oz by a group of Christians?

FH: Not in Australia, but Bosnia 1996, Orthodox Christians (Lead by an Orthodox Priest) killed 8,000 Muslim women and children, cut off two fingers of each hand (babies were not spared) so they meet Jesus with “Trinity” fingers. I have not seen any condemnation and the Pope said : “we are all Christians”, should I assume he included those criminals as well?

Boaz,

Misleading post since you are mixing religion with tribal culture on the conversion thing.

You know what will happen to a Christian in they would like to convert, or do I need to spell it out? In Egypt, Jordan and Syria, they are likely to be placed 'under a church arrest' for two weeks (with blessing of the lcoal police) until their faith gets restored or keep their religion but change their name and identity for fear on their life by other Christians. A Christian marrying a Muslim in upper Egypt or Sudan is a death sentence (a boycott if moderate) carried out by her family.
Posted by Fellow_Human, Tuesday, 22 November 2005 4:16:49 PM
coach, my post was a crude attempt at making a burlesque of all the Islamcentric posts starting to appear.

As a former altar boy (blessed with enough speed to avoid the clutches of Father Timothy) there isn't much you can tell me about Christianity. I'm sure your G*d will show you how to defeat Islam so there is no need to be concerned. As for me I'm still trying to figure out how a guy of average weight could walk on water. And what about the virgin birth. I'm supposed to believe that tosh.

And I am familiar with the Qur'an.
Posted by Sage, Tuesday, 22 November 2005 7:35:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14