The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The ABC never goes after leftie celebrities > Comments

The ABC never goes after leftie celebrities : Comments

By David Flint, published 10/7/2006

The taxpayer-funded broadcaster has revealed its unfair and unbalanced agenda.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. All
The Snowy appears to have been called off by Howard because legal advice proved the deat on the part of the commonwealth to be illegal.

The border protection that Jones and Flint refer to is and was nothing more than turning away refugees for a time, locking up children until they hang themselves, driving people to slash up and commit suicide and drown 360 on the way, including 146 children. Meanwhile I believe the terrorists like Willie Brigitte can fly in and out at will.

The war on Islamic fundamentalism has seen the greatest humanitarian catastrophes ever seen in both Iraq and Afghanistan and a huge increase in fundamentalism in the world.

As for Jones himself? I am so glad I am in Adelaide and don't have to listen to the fool.

Now Leigh, the ABC has dumbed down to the extent that they have music quiz programs and the like so perhaps you could point out the lefty bias for us, which programs it shows up on and what precisely your definition of lefty is because even the insiders make us listen to Andrew Bolt and Piers Akerman on a regular basis, they use them for interviews about social issues, god knows why because they don't have a clue, and so on.

Human rights, welfare rights, work rights and the rights of the Iraqi people not to have been bombed to bits are not like handbags that can be picked up an put down at will and they are not leftist ideas - it was Bob Menzies for example who helped write the refugee convention that Jones thinks we should flout and the destruction of that convention that Flint calls border protection.
Posted by Marilyn Shepherd, Monday, 10 July 2006 2:08:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I like the ABC, like Leigh I don't really listen to or watch much else, if it wasn't for triple j i probably wouldn't even listen to music at all (and many great aussie bands would never have gotten anywhere), and i'll admit theres a bit of a lefty tilt to most of its programming.

However, the right-wing myth that the whole of the ABC are all-but card carrying communists is ridiculous. There are many issues the ABC won't go near. They repeat many of the lies and distortions that all the other mainstream media outlets repeat, particuarly regarding the so-called war on terror, for just one example.

Their are many issues and ideas that are reguarly discussed in our universities, on the internet and in academic circles that the ABC wouldn't dare go near. So while I like the ABC and think it can be credited with some great work over the years, the idea that it is an organisation of radical progressive idealouges seems to me quite absurd
Posted by Carl, Monday, 10 July 2006 2:31:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh David: You do come across as a pathetic, cringing, slobbering crawler. As far as your build-up of jones isn't/wasn't he a special friend of yours. So you are seen as anything but fair and honest in your appraisal of this ma err person. numbat
Posted by numbat, Monday, 10 July 2006 2:47:28 PM
Kenny - you wrote "...general love for AJ that saw you 'loss' your job. Smart people learn from 'there' mistakes dumb people repeat them".
People 'lose' their jobs. Smart people learn from 'their' mistakes. And again "When 'your'looking...". A verb is required Kenny -"you are" or "you're".
You should no (Oops! know), that you can't depend on a Spel Cheque (Sorry! Spell Check). But then again you may have had a "teacher" who didn't "beleave" that spelling or grammar mattered. Fairgo.
Posted by fairgo, Monday, 10 July 2006 3:07:16 PM
My learned collegue Prof Flint, wern't you involved in an issue some some back with your good mate Allan Jones, something about "cash for comment" perhaps the ABC never go after lefties because we don;t practise such behaviour as cash for comment. Only the greed, and lure of "easy money" of such behaviour attract the "right" incorrect behaviours that are reported, we on the left are too busy earning a proper living using hard work, instead of underhanded methods to achieve the growing enormous task of filling our vehicles every week.
Posted by SHONGA, Monday, 10 July 2006 3:20:25 PM
I recall Neville Wran refusing to talk to the ABC due to an accusation of bias. I also recall the Hawke/Keating "rubbery figures" puppets and their embarrassing exploits.

Aren't they left-wing enough?

As for Alan Jones, he didn't stop the Snowy sale - it was Howard, who lost his nerve after he received legal advice that a full Parliamentary debate would be necessary before the sale could proceed.

Most people would suspect Jones' sexuality already and couldn't care less, but some may also be curious about his partner/s and perhaps this would somehow be in the public interest (in accordance with his own journalistic ethical standards).

Unlike the ABC, Jones is beyond accountability - unless he gets caught of course.
Posted by wobbles, Monday, 10 July 2006 4:48:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14