The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Will Barnaby Joyce demand his pound of flesh? > Comments

Will Barnaby Joyce demand his pound of flesh? : Comments

By Leslie Cannold, published 4/10/2005

Leslie Cannold discusses the power of Barnaby Joyce’s vote in the abortion debate.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
You information about RU486 is not correct.

"More than 360,000 women in the United States have used mifepristone since its FDA approval;
481 mifepristone adverse drug events have been reported to the FDA. The adverse drug event rate for mifepristone is therefore just 0.137 percent. Therefore, 99.863 percent of women using mifepristone have not reported an adverse drug reaction. Because relatively minor events such as headache and nausea are included within that 0.137 percent reaction rate, the incidence of serious complications is even lower.

Danco, the drug’s manufacturer, has confirmed just three deaths following the use of mifepristone in North America, two of which occurred in the United States:
? one woman acquired a rare clostridium infection during a clinical trial in Canada;
? one women had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy; and
? one woman died of septic shock due to endomyometritis.
The FDA has not established a causal relationship to mifepristone in any of the three cases."

You wonder why some muslims in Indonesia want to blow up other Indonesian muslims, well I have an idea why.

You want to force your views on Austalian social behaviour thus endanger the health of Australian women and people suffering from cancer. I am not catholic and I don't see why the rantings of a very conservative celibate old man should impact my health.

Australia's track record on looking after children placed for adoption is so woeful that the catholic church has been forced to pay compensation to some of the children subjected to the sadism and paedophile attention of the clergy who were charged with their care.

As you love referring to wonderful western australia I remind you that one of the state's tourist attractions - New Norcia was built by children as young as 8 who were in WA orphanages.

Timkins you are very welcome to lock up your wife and your daughters - if they are silly enough to let you - but keep out of my life.
Posted by sand between my toes, Saturday, 8 October 2005 1:25:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sand between your toes,
Your post is rather indistinct, but it is objectionable when a poster infers that another poster locks up their wives and daughters.

If you have that much knowledge of myself, you are quite free to nominate where I live. Failure to be able to do that would indicate that you have no idea of who I am, and are not interested in debate, but more interested in making unsubstantiated maligning remarks about other posters who may disagree with you.

[NB. I can't remember ever making a post about Catholics, or Muslims and only one previous post about WA.]
Posted by Timkins, Saturday, 8 October 2005 4:39:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Minuet,
I have close contact with Wesley Mission in Sydney and they are one of the largest adoption agents in Australia. The number of couples wanting to adopt is far greater than the number of children available. There is no shortage of adoptive parents. Most of them are supportive of casual contact with the birth mother unless she has drug or criminal record.

In answer to your quote, "As to the argument of adoption, it seems that in Australia it is actually harder to have your child adopted out than it is to have an abortion."
Posted by Philo, Saturday, 8 October 2005 7:48:45 PM
Philo,

If I accidentally got pregnant and gave birth, I would not have one person in either my family, circle of friends or community that would support my idea of having he or she adopted. Most would be trying to talk me out of it telling me I'm crazy and that I will feel unbearable guilt and shame for the rest of my life . Imagine turning up to work and telling workmates that I didn't want my child, that I wasn't ready to become a mother, this after having wandered around the workplace in a state of pregnancy for 9 months?

Thats what I mean when I say how hard it is to have your child adopted out in Australia.
It is judged and looked down apon. How much easier to have a private abortion that no-one has to know about.
Posted by minuet, Tuesday, 11 October 2005 4:25:49 PM
Sorry to hear that you had to abort your baby because of family and workmates distain for thinking you would adopt your child. From my experience abortion brings great feelings of guilt and depression and many women in later life are coming to confession to remove the guilt suppressed in their minds. They never get over the fact that they took the life of their child. Surgical abortion leaves potential for all types of damage including higher incidence of breast cancer, etc.
Posted by Philo, Wednesday, 12 October 2005 7:16:10 AM
Read about the ‘abortion pill’ in a different light ie. other medical applications for this medication which has been denied to people due to abortion politics. People with tumours and cancers have a ‘Right to Life’ too and this is a viable treatment option for a range of debilitating and life-threatening medical conditions:

http://www.aph.gov.au/Senate/committee/clac_ctte/cancer/submissions/sub103.pdf

How many people have died needlessly since this medication has been tied up in ‘abortion politics - when it’s more than that:

A rather poignant snapshot on the history of Mifepristone (RU 486) otherwise called the ‘abortion pill’ and the one that is currently the subject of considerable debate. This stems back from the early 1980s. Work out how many people have died since:

ABORTION PILL, OR SOMETHING MORE? THE FIRESTORM OVER THE ABORTION DRUG RU-486 HAS HAMPERED U.S. SCIENTISTS WHO WOULD TEST IT TO FIGHT CANCER AND OTHER CONDITIONS. NORFOLK SCIENTIST GARY D. HODGEN HOPES TO SEE MAJOR STUDIES ON RU-486 ONCE THE FDA APPROVES IT.
http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/VA-news/VA-Pilot/issues/1996/vp960811/08110065.htm

…….and the “Oh so Moral” have created this situation. They are responsible for the deaths that have needlessly resulted. Bush and his Sherriff John Howard!

They are a greater threat to lives than terrorism.
Posted by Felix the Cat, Thursday, 20 October 2005 9:26:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy