The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > From cuisine to separatist multiculturalism > Comments

From cuisine to separatist multiculturalism : Comments

By David Flint, published 2/8/2005

David Flint argues Australians should be asked if they want Australia to be declared multicultural.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. All
It's truly fascinating to witness the birth of a National Front-style white supremacist cell in this very forum. Do keep us posted about the progress of the various 'davids' and their cronies. I like Rainier's suggestion that the fragrant david should host their initial FTF tete-a-tete.

The irony is that the racists here play right into the hands of terrorists, who are interested only in disrupting our society as much as possible. By repetitively and offensively sowing the seeds of hate, they achieve the objectives of the lunatics who carry out the bombings. Or at least they would, if anybody took them seriously.

Indeed, given the increasingly rabid nature of many of the racist comments in this forum, it is becoming ever harder to work out who the real lunatics are. From an agnostic/humanist perspective, it's increasingly difficult to distinguish the rantings of the fundamentalist Xians from the nonsense spouting from the radical Islamists. And then there's your good old-fashioned boofheaded White Australia/One Nation crew... now in an unholy alliance with the effete racist snobbery exemplified by the aromatic professor.

We do indeed live in interesting times. Tell us how the party goes.
Posted by garra, Wednesday, 3 August 2005 4:01:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No one here is advocating white domination of the world Garra, if so tell me where. White supremecists advocate complete white domination the world over, which no-one here is advocating.

To say that people who don't agree with your views on multi culti are white supremecists is insulting, ignorant and just plain rude. More a reflection of your pig headedness, I'd say!

Multiculturalism is silly, prudish and should be dispensed of immediately. Australia has A culture which is worth preserving and at the very least, respected. wE DON'T NEED VAGUENESS TO DEFINE WHO WE ARE. GOOD BYE MULTI CULTI!
Posted by davo, Wednesday, 3 August 2005 4:55:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
See this wonderful book review of 'Twilight of the Elites' by David Flint (stone?) by Tristan Ewins - posted Thursday, October 02, 2003
A very good biopsy of the good professor’s pretentious intellectual meanderings.
http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=762
Posted by Rainier, Wednesday, 3 August 2005 5:00:12 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
When one claims a more successful culture, one is elitist or racist

When one says ‘Australian’ culture, one is talking about a mixture of culture, because that is how Australia was formed.

There is no real ‘Australian’ culture. Our ways - as supposedly tolerant, democratic and friendly -are inherited from other cultures (English, European, Asian).

If you took out all the bits and pieces of culture called ‘Australian’ that came from somewhere else, you’d have an arm-chair sportsman with a beer in one hand and a shrimp in the other…. Oh wait, the beer would be from elsewhere…. So much for the fun part…

So be thankful for the multi-culture that we have… that is what has defined ‘Australian’ culture.
Posted by Reason, Wednesday, 3 August 2005 7:10:47 PM
Reason...

I'm beginning to suspect you have a substance abuse problem :) "Ecstacy" giving you the warm fuzzies and completely disconnecting you from reality.

I searched in vain in all anti multicultural posts in this thread, and I cannot for the life of me find even one instance of "Superior Culture" I do find 'Prevailing' and 'Different' but superior ?
sorry, that train left.

Its not about SUPERIOR... its about 'OURS' get it ?

Your disregard for careful analysis leaves me astounded. I have a suggestion, before anyone rambles on about 'racist' .. don't say anything we are not prepared to back up in a court of law if we said it in PUBLIC. And I assure you, that the term 'racist' applied to most of us would be actionable.

Mate.. you truly need to get out more. Have you ever been out of Australia ? Have you ever lived in a community of more than one culture where the populations are close in number ? have you been in a village, populated by 'Race A' and nearby is a village of 'Race B' ? villages are a microcosm of society you know.

Reason, before you make yourself look like an uninformed screwball, (for you and Garra and some others, it might be a bit late for that) please take a short course in anthopology. I'm sure you can pick one up at a nearby Tafe, or, even do some careful reading on the net. A lite dose of basic psychology would go well also.

The real shock to me is Pericles usual high standard of incisive scrutiny seems to have gone out the window on this one.
"perfectly pitched to the racist ear".. ru serious ?

If you had the heart to being a solution rather than simply 'noting' the problem why not point out any 'racist' aspects we need to guard against ? 'Having' a culture is not a crime, nor is it 'racist'.
It may 'contain' racist elements, but why not address THAT instead of poor bub being chucked out with the.. ....

Tristan's review is gr8
Posted by BOAZ_David, Wednesday, 3 August 2005 8:08:49 PM
I've had trouble sleeping lately so I've printed David Flint's article and placed it by my bed – a quick read will have me snoring away in no time. Seriously though, maybe we should have an HUAC (House Un-Australian Activities Committee) and root out these mysterious "elites". I can see it now:

FLINT: Are you, or have you ever been, a member of the Australian Democrat Party?

There seems to be a lot of claims being made about multiculturalism “ruining Australia”, but very little evidence, if any, is offered to support such a claim. People can bang on about Sheik Mohammed Omran and his crazy theories about the London bombings or his apologetics for Osama bin Laden, but they need to demonstrate how the ramblings of a few nutters constitute a failure of multiculturalism. Proclaiming multiculturalism to be a failure also takes the spectacular ability to ignore the fact that there are millions of people of all sorts of cultural backgrounds living in Australia who go about their everyday business just like any white heterosexual middle class Christian male. They do things like go to work, go to school, buy houses, go shopping, have friends and family over on the weekends and play sports. It seems the only way to assimilate is to change your skin colour, lose your accent and convert to Christianity.

But there’s some bad news for the Mohammed Omrans and the Benjamin “The sick leftist hippies who dreamed up such multiculti policy need to be exterminated” Burns of this country. Most Australians are way too accepting (not just "tolerant") of people who are different to themselves. Most Australians don’t think dividing the country into "us" and "them" is productive, and they won’t let extremist clerics or racist bigots achieve their goal of creating such a division. People just won’t go for another White Australia Policy.
Posted by Sammy Jankis, Wednesday, 3 August 2005 10:31:05 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. All