The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Time to go, Petro > Comments

Time to go, Petro : Comments

By Kevin Donnelly, published 23/6/2005

Kevin Donnelly argues that Petro Georgiou has had his chance, now it is time for him to move on.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
I agree with most of what Kevin Donnelly says in this article. But the fact is the Liberal party supports the multicultural policy (to their shame). Many Australians who are sick of multiculturalism being forced down their throats can take refuge in the fact that Australia is not a true multicultural country. Multiracial, perhaps, but not multicultural.

If we were truly multicultural, certain cultural groups would not have to pay taxes. Certain cultural groups would not have to participate in the economy. But particpation in the economy is the primary condition of the illusory 'multiculturalism'.....

Perhaps Petro is a mole?
Posted by davo, Thursday, 23 June 2005 1:54:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Norm29 [deleted for flaming]Christian values huh? Where does Mr. Georgiou sit on abortion? How did he vote on the embryonic Stem Cells debate?

The government is already giving them food, shelter etc. They are 'illegal'. Good Christians obey the laws of the land too.

Petro is a small 'l' liberal of the worst kind and should be 'purged' from the Liberal Party.

Hear Hear Mr. Donnelly.

PS. Norm29, how many Christians are in the detemtion centres. If we aren't careful we will be the new Mecca.
Posted by tooRight, Thursday, 23 June 2005 1:55:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
[Deleted for flaming]
Posted by j5o6hn, Thursday, 23 June 2005 3:03:46 PM
What historians are you reading? I'm sorry, I may only be 20yrs old but I do have a sound knowledge of Nazi Germany.

Hitler had some kind of idea about extermintaing Jews from day1. Regarding the Nazi policy of eugenics, where they were killing non-Jews because they were not racially 'pure', it was the Catholic Bishop of Munster that had the program stopped. He incited outrage among the German people.

What outrage do you see regarding the detention of illegal immigrants? The 50-60 dirty hippies that protest every long weekend.

Hardly an accurate comparison seeing that Jews and the 'racially impure' were for all legal purposes 'Germans'.

Maybe you should also read the May or June Spectator where there is an article claiming the Green Political Movement is responsible for more deaths than the Nazis or Soviets.
Posted by tooRight, Thursday, 23 June 2005 3:12:32 PM
Another indignant spank-fest...... Why doesn't the Liberal party just batch process a stack of John Howard clones? Freedom of speech is only supportable when it's not exercised, right? And diversity is only good when difference remains at heel.

Pathetic. And uninspiring.
Posted by Fiona, Thursday, 23 June 2005 3:12:43 PM
I would call federal Liberal under Howards leadership, 'a very very broard church indeed'. As a christian teacher and writer, I assert that Howard is a very cunning (deceitful) politician, and has hurt alot of people in this country. Petro is simply exercising his democratic and constitutional rights (sections 7 and 24) to freedom of speech, as all politicians should. A politician is elected to represent constituents. The fact that most are only there to 'toe the party line' is evidence that Australia does not currently function as a true democracy. Petro is simply doing his job as a politician, unlike Howard who only serves his own interests, and that of a minority.
Posted by Teresa van Lieshout, Thursday, 23 June 2005 3:28:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy