The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Learning from Kylie: dance on tables in gold hot pants! > Comments

Learning from Kylie: dance on tables in gold hot pants! : Comments

By Natasha Cica, published 20/5/2005

Natasha Cica argues we can learn from Kylie's illness and learn to love life more.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Ringy, not infantile, don't insult me please. I am dead set serious about the idea of 'flaunting', as for Xena, and you, party as long and hard as you like.

Enjoying life should never be at the expense of other peoples dignity, and this "If u've got it flaunt it" is something which I believe should be attacked on every level. That is quite different from enjoying ur self and enjoying ur life.

I was trying to explain to Xena what I was actually on about. She said "I take it you think we should not enjoy ourselves because we are going to die". I was not suggesting we don't enjoy ourselves.

I was making the point as forcefully as I can that enjoyment should never be based on the flaunting of ourselves nor the humiliation of others. If that is avoided, then party on dude. She seemed to be suggesting that if you don't flaunt yourself, you will have led a boring life, which was to misunderstand my intended meaning.

So, I'll just take it that Xena and you want to woop it up a bit, ok..fine :) why should I have a problem with singing your heart out at a gig Xena ? I don't thing thats flaunting yourself its exercising a talent.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Wednesday, 25 May 2005 5:39:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Better to burn the candle at both ends than go to the grave having never lit its flame.

Kylie -always seems like a sensible lady - despite the obvious "issues" presented by the trappings of fame, fortune and a fair complexion.

David - get a grip - Separate the "stage act" from the "person" - she is just as entitled to our sympathy and compassion in this, her "trial" as much the anonymous, poor and ugly.
Posted by Col Rouge, Wednesday, 25 May 2005 11:46:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yay! A post from Col I can agree with and not a sneering insult in sight. Well done Col.

BD maaate, I think you're just the tiniest bit threatened by sexuality, so you hide behind your bible crying "Begone wanton woman, get thee to a nunnery" You think I don't strut mah stuff when I'm singing my lungs out? OK I don't wear the same kind of gear that our Kyles wears - more a grunged down sorta look. Somehow I doubt you would approve daddy...

Anyway as Col said Kyles deserves just as much sympathy as poor bug-uglies who contract the dreaded big C.

Cancer knows no boundaries, Kylie doesn't deserve it anymore than anyone else. However, her fame has brought home to many young people including myself than it can happen to anyone. I intend to regularly check myself from now on
Posted by Xena, Thursday, 26 May 2005 8:03:11 AM
I wish every girl who's got it, flaunted it. I don't even mind girls flaunting it who haven't got it! I myself rarely flaunt it: mainly because what I've got isn't flauntable.
Posted by bozzie, Thursday, 26 May 2005 9:26:21 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy