The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australians abroad: Managing a transnational life > Comments

Australians abroad: Managing a transnational life : Comments

By Melissa Butcher, published 16/5/2005

Melissa Butcher explains the difficulties faced by Australians who live and work overseas as 'transnationals'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
I worked as a transnational for a large international computer firm for the past several years. It is a very tough life both personally and for my family. My assignments lasted anywhere from a few weeks to 6+ months.
I worked in most Asian countries as well as many European locations.

I always felt there was no appreciation for my cross cultural skills that were required for successful completion, although the clients I worked for fully expected these skills in addition to the "normal" technical and management skills for the position.
In the end I left the company as the money and agrivation was not worth all the time away from home, personal life disruption and excessive hours.
Posted by Bruce, Saturday, 28 May 2005 11:20:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy