The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > So now Kyoto is a reality, will it get cooler? > Comments

So now Kyoto is a reality, will it get cooler? : Comments

By Jennifer Marohasy, published 16/2/2005

Jennifer Marohasy argues climate change is an ongoing process, regardless of carbon dioxide emissions.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Very nice, Jennifer, I too have an interest in the truth.
Posted by grace pettigrew, Wednesday, 16 February 2005 3:08:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Very interesting, and persuasive article. Compliments to the author.

People might also be interested in following the debate on John Quiggin's blog

http://johnquiggin.com/index.php/archives/2005/02/16/kyoto-comes-into-effect/

cheers

Roberto
Posted by robertomelbourne1@bigpond.com, Wednesday, 16 February 2005 8:40:14 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Grace, so what's your background???
Posted by robertomelbourne1@bigpond.com, Wednesday, 16 February 2005 8:44:16 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Robertomelbourne1,

Don't waste your time questioning Grace's credentials. She claims to have a B Sc (and may well have) but she won't use the skills that she acquired with that B Sc to look at the facts, especially the raw data which others use as evidence.

Grace has tried to imply that Jennifer's article on the Murray-Darling River was some kind of political distortion when in fact Jennifer was very clear about her data sources just in case anyone wished to verify her statements. Grace clearly hasn't bothered to check those sources or she would see that there is nothing political about them.

Grace's world is based on Belief in her "experts" and she relies on solely others for the basis of her statements. If she would look at the data and discuss/argue about what that data is telling us she might have some credibility, but she refuses to. She claims that she doesn't want to examine raw data because she doesn't live for this site (ie. she doesn't want to put in the time and effort) but she is very willing to put time and effort into arguing.

Grace says she's interested in the truth but for her the truth is what others say, it's not her own truth and it is certainly not a truth based on evidence.

Also don't bother asking Grace any questions because she will not answer them, but she will demand that others answer hers. I am still waiting for her to explain why temperatures have not exceeded 1998 levels despite the increase in carbon dioxide, but then if she refuses to look at the data and she refuses to answer questions I could be waiting some time.

Her world is innuendo and implication, and always about those who make statements and never about the accuracy of those statements or the evidence on which they are based.

For all the above reasons I regard her as a second-rate holder of a B Sc who lives on second-hand opinions and sees a right-wing conspiracy in everything that contradicts her self-imposed limited view of the world.
Posted by Snowman, Wednesday, 16 February 2005 11:03:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arguments made with the support of experience tend to stand the test of time. And credentials do tend to speak for experience.

My question for Jennifer Marohasy is from which credentialed climatologists do you gather your opinion?

From where do you get your evidence and under which peer reviewed hypothesis do you formulate your understanding?

And when and where will you publish your findings?
Posted by martin callinan, Thursday, 17 February 2005 4:07:13 AM
Gracie,

Please tell us how the evil Howard government is contributing, by his refusal to ratfy Kyoto, the melting of the polar ice caps on Mars?
I have a theory. Global warming is real. So to are solar flares. It is a fact that our Sun is in a solar storm cycle & has been for the LAST 20 YEARS.
So, Occums Razor anyone?....Do you think that with the Sun burning hotter, things around it may warm up? As I say, the polar icecaps on Mars are melting, & it has nothing to do with Kyoto.
I think the Lomborg thought process re Kyoto is valid.
Posted by Sayeret, Thursday, 17 February 2005 7:57:13 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy