The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Family is where the heart is > Comments

Family is where the heart is : Comments

By Collin Mullane, published 13/12/2004

Collin Mullane argues that a family can be anything we want it to be as long as there is love.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Yep. To me Ms. Walters seems to have hit the nail on the head. In so doing however the reductionist simplicity thus revealed makes me wonder if those of us agitating for reform are not tilting at windmills? For to carry Ms. Walters axiom on, it becomes a societal imperitive that we each acknowledge and respect each other's way of being. If we can't achieve that then how can we bring about legislative change?

P.S. Cranky - I know, and have been included in different societies where friends are accepted as family. Not in a legal or empirical sense of course. Which is part of the reasons one argues for change, isn't it?
Posted by Ankh, Sunday, 9 January 2005 2:20:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cranky is 100% correct. Long live the nuclear family!
Posted by davo, Monday, 17 January 2005 9:26:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy