The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Media savages Lebanese-Australian Youth > Comments

Media savages Lebanese-Australian Youth : Comments

By Paul White, published 15/9/2004

Dr Paul White argues that the media is not giving Sydney's Lebanese communinity a 'fair go'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All
what planet does orlando inhabit?
Posted by Anniel, Friday, 8 September 2006 3:22:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Erhan
Well said.

Speaking as one who is passionately advancing the cause of self defense and organized lawful resistance to such thuggery, I am fully aware of the fact that not all the Muslim community is represented by the violence and anti social behavior which occurred at Cronulla and other places.

What I would like to know though, is if you have ever come across groups of muslim males kind of 'claiming' the Rockpool area at Cronulla and trying to keep others out of it, so Muslim women can bathe without non muslim males in the close vicinity ?

If you are aware of it, or even if not, what is the feeling among those you know concerning such a thing ? (have a chat to some family)
I'm not just making this up, I have it from a number of independant sources.

But I don't like the idea of young middle eastern men yelling obscenities at Aussie girls. Nor do I like young anglo males ripping hijabs off Muslim girls.I prefer all of us to work toward a cleaner and less permissive society. But one in which you are free to say what you like about my Lord Jesus, (no matter how offensive, as long as it is true) and I can say what I like no matter how offensive (as long as it is true) about your prophet.

This is fundamental to a free society. In my other posts, I do attack Islam, and I welcome any attack on Christianity, all I ask is that it be true. I don't reach for a gun when my faith is attacked, I explain it, and pray for them.

The most frightening words to come out of our courts recently, from Lawyers representing the Islamic council of Victoria against 2 Christian pastors were these "Truth is not a defense".. scary stuff.

As for Orlando, he can write to me by email anytime, then his obcene words won't be deleted here :) I think he is from "Planet Blinker"
Posted by BOAZ_David, Sunday, 10 September 2006 8:44:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David I feel the problem has been exacerbated by this countries obsession to pander and "given in" to the minorities.

When you come to Australia or any other country to live, you must assimilate and respect that countries laws and values.

To a large extent many Middle Eastern Muslims like my family and me have done this with no issues. But we have this small minority of "grubs & thugs" who will not respect any Australian laws, values or culture.

They are a law unto themselves.

No "Rock-Pool" should be for the exclusive use of Muslim women. If they don’t like, then they should not go swimming or go to a country where that view is accepted.

You see this is the whole problem. You cannot change your values for minorities. They must accept and change or go somewhere else.

As an educated Muslim I would also like to state that Keyser Trad and the Mufti Hilali are not representative of the Lebanese Muslims in Sydney or Australia. They are self proclaimed political opportunists who have done nothing for our community except give us a bad name by openly supporting terrorists in the recent Sydney protests.

Let’s get real and get some real leaders into our community
Posted by Erhan, Monday, 18 September 2006 1:09:29 PM
the only grubs in this country seem to be white.rock pools,hijabs,what a microcosm of thought.rockpools,evolution, get it!
Posted by orlando, Saturday, 25 November 2006 9:57:24 PM
Thanx Erhan
cheers mate.

Orlando... what are you on about.. or just on? :)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Sunday, 26 November 2006 10:22:32 AM
being a young lebanese australian, i can empathise with a lot of what has been said in this article. noneltheless, looking over people's previous comments, i can understand how a lot of the negative stereotypes, particlularly toward young lebanese australians are generated. I am not ignoring the fact that young lebanese australians have commited heinous crimes; i completely agree, they are shameful and deserve harsh punnishment. the thought of gang rape seriously disgusts me... but the thing that annoys me most is that quite a few people judge the whole lebanese community's actions based on just a few of these idiot's actions.

i come from a family who have integrated into australian society and have accepted and embraced the australian lifestyle... I am a third generation lebanese here, and no one in my family, or anyone i know for that matter have done anything seriously beyond the law.

people need to stop judging all of us. every culture has their fair share of bastards.
Posted by vrm-490, Sunday, 17 June 2007 6:35:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy