The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Media savages Lebanese-Australian Youth > Comments

Media savages Lebanese-Australian Youth : Comments

By Paul White, published 15/9/2004

Dr Paul White argues that the media is not giving Sydney's Lebanese communinity a 'fair go'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
I thought i would get back to poking holes in this article. It is obvious that th edoctor has done next to no research on this matter especially when it comes to the Bra Boys. He starts by not even saying Jai's name correctly then goes on to say that the bra boys were instigators. Ha the bra boys probably saved some peoples lives when a convoy of lebs came through most ran but the Boys went out of the pub and fought the leb pigs off this was the night thta over 100 cars were trashed by the same convoy so get your facts straight dr white.
Posted by jkid, Saturday, 20 May 2006 4:42:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
jkid..bra boy..bra babe.. are u there ? I'd love to have a bit of email interaction with you all about this matter...

Jkid... u seem to know a bit about what happened that night of the revenge attack.. I'm so glad the Bra boys did find in themselves the Kokoda spirit and actually try to defend the area.. bravo !

If any of you are in the area ... or know those, and have current information on any events, goings on, attitudes among the Anglos to whether the situation has changed at all, for better, worse or same old same old.. I'd love to hear from any of you.

jdrmot@tpg.com.au

It might be possible with some cunning actions to flush out these morons who attacked and get them to even identify themselves without realizing it.

I spoke to NSW police last night, regarding the understanding of 'riot' 'Affray' etc..and came up with some interesting results.

Self defense is legally much safer now for the defender, with the onus on the prosecution to 'prove' ill intent, rather than the defendant to 'prove its absense'. (for example, if the attacker happened to get a broken neck in the course of the attack)

Hope to hear from you.
Cheers
Posted by BOAZ_David, Sunday, 21 May 2006 9:01:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That is slightly extreme but in some cases warranted was i the only person who didn't see any coverage of the revenge attacks on TV? also no footage of lebs being arrested. By the way boaz the mood is still one of anger but the people have followed the lead of people like the Bra Boys and stopped being open about a hate that many still have. It would take another attack on an Australian icon for the same sort of reaction to occur. But this time no Bra Boys or Comanchereos would stop the violence and maybe the cowards that attacked old white men as revenge would show there cowardly faces and then the fight would be over as the white majority would have had justice.

Any further comments on this issue can be posted and i will read and reply unless your orlando who needs his head checked your faith in humanity is astonishing.
Posted by jkid, Monday, 22 May 2006 6:45:05 PM
Dear Jkid
thanx so much for that.
As long as people restrict their hate to those who actually did the attacking, and any who sympathize with them, they are on the high moral ground. There is of course no room to tar all Muslim Lebanese with the same brush, and I hope I've not given that spin in my own posts.

I found footage of the revenge attack, the one which most effects me, and here it is (on an american site)

http://media.putfile.com/Corolla35

Take care..
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 22 May 2006 8:49:01 PM
Dear Boaz that was just proving our point they(lebs) do congregate in gangs and if it wasnt for the Bra Boys then that man and many like him may have been alot worse off and the fact that still no-one has been arrested is atrocious. I saw his story on 60 minutes a couple of months after the riots and the footage still has the same effect on me it inspires hate to those who carry out such attacks. As i said before the lebanese concerned should show themselves and just let the people fight it out that way no revenge attacks will occur because they will all be in hospital or a morgue.
Posted by jkid, Tuesday, 23 May 2006 6:10:26 PM
Imagine this :)....

Hand out pamphets in strategic locations to those of 'thug' appearance.. declaring that those involved in the Maroubra revenge attack have "No balls, are total cowards, and are absolute scumbags. If they have any balls at all, they should come and meet us at Punchbowl Park (their home turf) at x o'clock this saturday night, for a discussion of their lowly status".....

It would not surprise me if some of them actually turned up.. or at least those who are of a similar nature.

Needless to say, police would need to be warned in advance :)

I read in one account (news) where on the day of the Cronulla protest, a car load of leb thugs was actually present.. one stepped out of the car and challenged the crowd to a fight, he got his wish and was hussled off bleeding from a number of places ...but I mean.. what an idiot...
Posted by BOAZ_David, Wednesday, 24 May 2006 6:41:19 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy