The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Was Trump’s visit to the Korean DMZ to meet Kim Jung Un a whim or carefully thought out? > Comments

Was Trump’s visit to the Korean DMZ to meet Kim Jung Un a whim or carefully thought out? : Comments

By Murray Hunter, published 4/7/2019

It hasn't escaped the attention of the North Koreans that the Trump Administration needs a deal for the election.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Whim and caprice governs this man? Who likely doesn't know what Donald Trump will do, say or retract five minutes from now today or tomorrow.

And he does need something to give him a boost in the polls and the loyalty of the disillusioned he used and motivated so well in spite of his antisocial character flaws. THIS IS THOUGHT BUBBLE, POLICY ON THE RUN!

Even so, wish with all my heart, that this is finally, finally successful!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 4 July 2019 8:27:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Another Trump Derangement Syndrome hit piece.

The trick is, to look at every single political situation involving President Trump and either put a negative spin on it, or suggest that Trump is doing it entirely for the sinister purpose of getting himself re elected. Look Murray, this obsession you lefties have with trying to pin something, anything, on Trump is getting old. Even people who disliked Trump can see that the Left has gone absolutely Coocoo.

For two year Trump was hounded by investigations where endless media personnel bragged how "the walls are closing in" and it was all smoke and mirrors.

I hate the idea of giving the loony left political advice, but give it a rest, Murray. Nobody is listening anymore. Get it through your head that Trump's popularity is increasing and he is probably going to be a shoo in at the next election.

If you Lefties want to get into power gain, try thinking up some policies that will appeal to the electorate. Trump did just that and he won.
Posted by LEGO, Thursday, 4 July 2019 8:38:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Love trump or not like him, the parade tomorrow is going to be amazing, the m1a1 Abrams tank is such a sophisticated piece of machinery.
Posted by progressive pat, Thursday, 4 July 2019 8:40:49 AM
I have never known anyone to worry, frighten and take up so much of certain sorts of whiners' time and energy as much as Donald Trump has. He has reinvigorated America, made presidents after Ronald Reagan look retarded, and is about to be re-elected. He is the first president to step onto North Korean soil, he stands up to China, and he never tires. Yet, still they mewl and pule, and achieve nothing while he powers ahead. If only Australia had a Donald Trump.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 4 July 2019 10:57:58 AM
Excellent comment.....by LEGO

Not by Lefty-Lite Hunter punter c......
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 4 July 2019 12:04:14 PM
Dear Lego,

You once said;

"Obama has finally done the Churchillian thing and threatened a tyrant with a war unless he hands over his chemical weapons."

Trump instead has popped over the border for a photo-op with his particular tyrant and the ask now appears not to be for the denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula but rather letting Kim keep what he has without adding to the stockpile. This is what Obama got without having to grovel to the monster.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 4 July 2019 1:42:36 PM
To Steeleredux. It's so nice to know that you consider me such a threat to your peculiar ideology that you are collecting my quotes to try and find some way to use them against me. I am flattered. Your hope is that you will catch me in a contradiction. Sorry ma-a-a-ate, you'll have to do better than that.

The context of the quote from me that I submitted was in reference to Trump's threat to go to use military force against Syria if the Bashir regime did not stop using chemical and biological weapons on civilians. (which are banned entirely by UN agreement) When Bashir did not comply Trump twice let fly with cruise missiles. Guess what? Bashir stopped using those weapons. But you will never give Trump credit for that.

As for Trump at the DMZ, just look at the ineffectiveness of US foreign policy towards North Korea in the last thirty years. But Trump has been the only President who seems to be getting anywhere at all. Under Obama, the North Koreans were testing nukes and shooting missiles over Japan. When the Kim regime declared their intention to shoot a missile at Guam, Trump told them that it would be war. The Kim regime backed down.

Now after two failed official meeting with Kim Jong Un, Trump tried something different. He is the first US President to actually cross into NK and shake hands with the NK leader. North Korea has stopped testing nukes and stopped shooting missiles over Japan. The two Koreas were edging closer to war but every person in both North and South Korea must be heaving sighs of relief when they see Trump and Kim being friendly to one another and shaking hands, trying to ease tensions.

But naturally, you will never give him credit for that, either.

No matter what Trump does, you lefties will always find a negative spin. My assessment is that Trump will win the next Presidential election in a landslide. The US Democrats are moving so far to the left they are disappearing into the electoral gloom.
Posted by LEGO, Friday, 5 July 2019 8:42:13 AM
TRUMP BABY BLIMP :)

But ya gotta hand it to cheeky satire of our Great Leader:

"Donald Trump baby blimp flies at Fourth of July parade. But where did it come from?"

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-05/where-did-the-baby-trump-balloon-come-from/11280944

And here is TRUMP BABY BLIMP over London http://youtu.be/eDbb-RPiedY

Whata star!
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 5 July 2019 11:58:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy