The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Lack of Funds amounts to Systemic Elder Abuse – but neither Party is talking about it > Comments

Lack of Funds amounts to Systemic Elder Abuse – but neither Party is talking about it : Comments

By Tristan Ewins, published 25/6/2019

With 'institutionalization' you get up when you're told to; you eat when you're told to; you go to bed when you're told to.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Abuse for lack of an argument.

For all the naysayers - what would YOU do about Aged Care?
Posted by Tristan Ewins, Friday, 28 June 2019 9:02:53 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
All I see here are people with an Ideological commitment to small government ; and a model of small government which benefits the wealthy first and foremost. But for those people putting me down ; using the label "Marxist" to avoid having to engage - again: What would you do about Aged Care re: the problems I've tried to allude to here? Don't you realise that nursing homes exist largely because there is a limit to what loved ones can manage on their own? And if the elderly have to sell their homes to get even mediocre care - what's the difference re: the alleged 'death tax' you all accused Labor of? And if there needs to be $24 billion in austerity every year to pay for the tax cuts: WHERE would you make those cuts?

If you cannot answer these questions properly the remainder of your arguments can be dismissed.
Posted by Tristan Ewins, Friday, 28 June 2019 2:00:15 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well argued Tristan

Don't be put off by OLO's over-representative band of:

- Murdoch reading
- Sky News watching
- Alan Jones, Andrew Bolt listening
- Peta Credlin luvin yet misogynist
- rightwing...Tosseratti.

They're so far gone many consider Pell put upon!

Poida
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 28 June 2019 2:35:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't like Pell's Conservative dogma and the social forces he supports ; however with the appeal in process i'm open to the possibility it may go one way or the other.
Posted by Tristan Ewins, Saturday, 29 June 2019 10:33:13 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy