The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > How to create a country with no heart? > Comments

How to create a country with no heart? : Comments

By Viv Forbes, published 21/6/2019

Why is every proposal to develop an outback mine, dam, irrigation scheme or a real power station now labelled 'controversial' by the ABC and opposed by the ALP/Greens?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Go straight to the last paragraph, which says it all, and says it well.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 21 June 2019 10:24:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Kogan Creek Nathan's Gorge Viv. New mines? Is that as far as the limits of your perceived self-interest goes? Same old same old tired and visionless me, me, arguments?

Projects need to be funded and eventually create a return and some profit for the lending entity/entities! And as a nation, we are hopelessly mired in personal and foreign debt.

We could get around that by selling the joint to China and then become poverty-racked tenants (most of us) in our own land! And because of a mindless, maniacal, stubborn, heartless refusal by those with the power to impose real reform!?

Choose not to but prevaricate with empty promises to retain their plum jobs/hold on power!

When we are a nation crying out for unifying and transformative reform of our tax system and energy and water supply paradigms. A flat unavoidable tax, every boy and his dog pay and inevitable nuclear power. plus the preferencing of employee/shareholder owned operated co-ops.

In the sure and certain knowledge that this free market, private enterprise, ultra-efficient extremely productive UNION FREE business model, stood almost alone, as the only business model, to largely survive the Great Depression mostly intact!

Moreover, where they dominate the local business landscape, oblige every one dollar to do the economic work of seven, via the usual economic flow-on factors!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 21 June 2019 12:50:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes the ABC is overwelmingly burdened with incorrect Leftwing Greenie delusions that most Australians rate climate change priorities over all other priorities (including jobs).

Hence the ABC gives undue airtime to the Green's No-new mining (Bob Brown's Poor Little Birdies...[1]) No-new Power station positions.

The May 2019 Election (including the anti-Green/anti-Labor backlash in Qld) was effectively a referendum refuting the ABC's pet presumptions.

[1] http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-03/adani-mine-environment-approval-black-throated-finch/11075824
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 21 June 2019 1:00:31 PM
the inner city elite are so obsessed with homosexuality, gender bender stuff that they need to virtue signal to cover their inner corruption. They love marching off to protests with their mobile phones (made from mining), their lattes (from farming), their rainbow flags (perversion of true diversity) and think they can change then climate. What a deluded bunch!
Posted by runner, Friday, 21 June 2019 3:33:12 PM
How to create a country with no heart?
Easy, get a Labor Party !
Posted by individual, Friday, 21 June 2019 11:10:45 PM
So now we have a bunch of greenie lefty children, who's education was paid for coal & iron ore miners miners, blocking the streets of Brisbane.

Time to get serious with this disruptive element. We need a couple of tankers with high powered hoses to wash this rubbish off the street & into the sewers where they belong.

It is about time to take the kid gloves off, & show them that this rubbish will not be tolerated.

If any of them ever did something as hard as a bit of high school physics, they should know that every action has an equal & opposite reaction, & their mindless stupidity will bring out water cannon to wash the stupidity away.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 21 June 2019 11:26:12 PM
Jawhol mien Herr. Ve should vash dis rubbish of de streets and into de sewers vere dey belong! Show dem who ist DE BOSS!

I WERY MUCH ADMIRE JAW NO NONSENSE STAND UND YOUR USE OF POWER IF YOU EVER HAD ANY? NEVER EVER BEEN! UND EXACTLY HOW YOU CREATE A COUNTRY WITH NO HEART.

JUST FORCED UNDERGROUND VERE DEY TO FESTER AND GROW, MIT RESENTMENT AND REBELLIOUS DISSENT

VELL DONE! VY ARN'T DUE RUNINK DIS COUNTRY?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 22 June 2019 12:05:17 PM
When victims of crime have to pay to prove that they're the victims yet the criminal is afforded legal aid then you have the perfect basis for a country with no heart !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 22 June 2019 7:01:07 PM
Onya ttbn and Hasbeen.
Posted by LEGO, Sunday, 23 June 2019 4:41:38 AM
The Greens, by virtue of their consistently feeble election performances, have carved out an interesting niche whereby they sit on the political sidelines and sling mud in all directions, condemning all major parties on every moral and ethical stance under the Australian sun.

I don't remember who said that, but it's worth a mention.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 23 June 2019 11:07:21 AM
Hear, hear and well said ttbn.

That aside and in response to Hasbeen, we have as in every other democracy the right to peaceful protest!

We are not yet part of communist China, nor are we reverting to the extreme right of a country like a Nazi-controlled, pre-war Germany.

Something I may remind a recalcitrant tin-eared Hasbeen, many ANZAC's died and sacrificed for, in their literal thousands, to prevent and for a principle that just couldn't be ignored or denied! That is, that a madman shouldn't be allowed to take over the world or other nation's sovereign territory, via force of arms!

The Chinese have got a handle on this?

All they need is some (political) quislings, a fat wallet and they can buy all they want! Particularly inside a hopelessly divided country like ours! Accelerating backwards!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Sunday, 23 June 2019 12:03:21 PM
Alan, correct me if I'm wrong, and I know you will.
But was there not a lot of hoo-haa about the very thing you just spoke of?
If memory serves, we may be too late.
All that fuss about raiding the ABC and journo's, as far as I'm concerned was just a show to get the public off the ABC's back about their left leaning news stories.
But more importantly, and relevantly, was the revelation that legislation was passed some time ago, under the guise of 'anti terrorism' which gave more power to the govt to scrutinise and gain access to anything they want, home/work, computers, phones, and in fact it went so far as to say they now had the power to 'hack' into any device or medium they chose and without impunity.
Apparently this is law, right now.
So it is true that the 'elite' are forging ahead with their plan to control, if not the world, then part of it, in concert with other senior world powers.
It has already begun and what sickens me is the plebs of the world are too lazy or immature to read between the lines and so reject it as 'far-fetched' conspiracy theories.
Further proof of this is the not-so-long term plan to eliminate the use of cash.
Now before everyone agree's, it has nothing to do with money laundering, but everything to control and or monitor the movement of whatever you call it, funds, numbers, I don't know, but it is just another step closer to the 'big brother' syndrome.
Hmmmmmm?
Posted by ALTRAV, Sunday, 23 June 2019 5:39:23 PM
Alan would you please advise me of the law that says a bunch of idiot brainwashed children have the right to deny me or anyone else the use of the roads we have bought & paid for half a dozen times over.

What right do they have to interfere with workers going home from their daily work.

If these kids want to play games & have fun, there are plenty of parks for them to skylark in, because that is all they are doing, skylarking. I can see no reason to tolerate them preventing others going about their lawful business.

If they chose to break the law by so disrupting the right of others, they should suffer the greatest penalty applicable. They should be at least removed from the streets as quickly as possible. I believe a fire hose would be very good at this, particularly in this cold weather.

The time for kid gloves is over, time to respond to their announced plans to disrupt everyone, with a serious plan to disrupt & remove them as quickly & completely as possible.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 23 June 2019 6:09:08 PM
we have as in every other democracy the right to peaceful protest!
AlanB,
A Democracy held to ransom at every turn by minority groups & there's nothing peaceful about maggots blocking the traffic !

We are not yet part of communist China, nor are we reverting to the extreme right of a country like a Nazi-controlled, pre-war Germany.

Oh, yes we are ! We've all but sold out to China & Near Nazis are all throughout Bureaucracy !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 23 June 2019 7:01:33 PM
You said it Altrav. Just have had my suspicions, for some time! And none of them relived by the mechanicians of the likes of Minister Dutton and his hard-right cohort!

And explains why this particular cohort refuses point blank to ever in their wildest dreams to include us with every other democracy, with a bill of rights! Individual.

Had my suspicions about the PS for some time and if your conclusions are correct, would explain a great deal including the parlous state of our economy and the divisions inside a divided Australia.

After all, the Government is only as good as the advice it gets and acts on!

Here in this horribly divided nation, brother can be played against brother, father against son, so we can be easily taken without very much resistance.

As an ex-soldier and looking at it from the outside, can't see a single reason today, for any able-bodied person to volunteer to serve in our armed forces for our fellow, me-me citizens, or fellow Australians like an obsessed runner or for a sell out administration?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Sunday, 23 June 2019 8:26:26 PM
AlanB,
So, as an ex soldier, what is your stance on a National Community Service for any 18-20 year old unemployed ?
Do you think the me, me mentality could be tackled with a NCS ?
Posted by individual, Monday, 24 June 2019 7:09:22 AM
Indi, I'd like to butt in here if I may, just to say that, that is at the top of my list of 'actual', real and practical solutions to a desperate situation.
In my day it was called 'National Service', or to the great unwashed, 'nasho's'
I truly believe 'Nashos', to be the answer.
I did my time as an air force cadet, never got called up, but wanted to be in it so joined the cadets.
I felt great, looked forward to it and disappointed that I wasn't eligible for 'nasho's'.
The cadets gave me a good grounding and the same feeling/discipline that 'nasho's' would have.
As a younger man I welcomed the comradery, mate-ship and sense of purpose I felt, not just at an individual level but as a group or even a family, if you will.
No I wholeheartedly agree with your suggestion of NCS, it is a great and useful part of a boys transition to manhood and along the way will learn about the value of life and all it's components.
But most of all it will teach them discipline and respect, which have sadly disappeared, and need to be desperately/urgently found again today.
Posted by ALTRAV, Monday, 24 June 2019 8:30:23 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with your suggestion of NCS, it is a great and useful part of a boys transition to manhood and along the way will learn about the value of life and all it's components.

ALTRAV,
I appreciate that, only another 18 or so million Australian voters to be convinced of the positives of a NCS for Australia !
Posted by individual, Monday, 24 June 2019 11:53:35 AM
What a repulsive bunch of troglodytes this post has unearthed. Qld buggered up the recent election for the rest of the country by voting for water wastage.. for coal.. and for racism... when the rest of the country voted for renewables and inclusiveness. Now we get MORE racism. MORE coal.. when the rest of the entire planet is going green in order to keep global temp increases down under 1.5 degrees. You've utterly sold out the grandkids so you can have a bunch of boofheads dig up coal; and a bunch of fatcats living in untaxed luxury who get to stay untaxed... AT EVERYBODY ELSES EXPENSE. We've become a laughing stock. For goodness sake Queensland join the 21st century and stop holding the rest of the nation up to ridicule. The ONLY reason we still have bloody morriscum and the rest of those heartless braindeads is because of bloody Queensland. The rest of the country would cut the place adrift in a heartbeat if we could.
Posted by omygodnoitsitsitsyou, Monday, 24 June 2019 2:48:47 PM
omygodnoitsitsitsyou

you forgot the Russian collusion!
Posted by runner, Monday, 24 June 2019 3:43:02 PM
omygoditsitsitsyou, your choice of 'nom de plume', says it all you half witted jackass.
Running off at the mouth sprouting and ranting as if you know what your talking about.
Anyone who knows what they're talking about doesn't have to froth at the mouth whilst bursting an aneurysm.
You know nothing left whinge, fool, what would you know about anything, other than what your kindergarten teacher and the rest of the pre-schoolers in your class keep telling you.
Talking like you have, you are either under five years old or have the mind of a five year old.
By sprouting all that bull in the beginning of your comments and with such aggressive negativity, only exposes you as a mental case or a mental deficient.
What would you know about the farcical called climate change and it's long term ramifications?
Are you one of those moronic, narrow and shallow minded, ignorant greens?
If so go back to your vege patch and pull out some more weeds and cook them up for your vegan dinner.
Mmmmmmmm, yum, that might explain why you lot are mentally challenged, a lack of meat in your diet can do that.
And if your not a vegan, why not, you are acting just like one, so you must be a fake.
Make up your mind which is it, fake or just plain stupid?
There I hope I have answered you in the manner you entered this topic.
Now piss off, your kind are not welcome here.
Posted by ALTRAV, Monday, 24 June 2019 6:53:34 PM
ALTRAV,
don't waste your time with this adolescent git, his swingers haven't even dropped yet !
Posted by individual, Monday, 24 June 2019 10:56:05 PM
To create a Nation with no heart requires the majority of the population to have no heart.
Religion is probably the most effective weapon to achieve that with.
Greed & Superstition are the most easily manipulated traits in humans. Laws which prohibit self-defence are probably the most heinous tactic to subdue decency & create division which in turn ends in making people utterly mistrustful !
Throwing everything into one basket & the one size fits all mentality of insipid authorities are completing this insidious mentality !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 29 June 2019 8:05:17 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy