The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > On poverty > Comments

On poverty : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 13/6/2019

In our country, and others like them, at election times, and indeed pretty well all the time, poverty is seen as being somehow wrong in principle, and my political party or yours will end it, or at least reduce it.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
To Loudmouth.

I am "conflating" that within all western countries, certain notorious ethnic and cultural/ religious groups have significantly higher rates of criminal behaviour, social problems, and welfare dependency, than others. If you haven't figured that out yet, you better get your head out of the sports pages and have a look around.

To ALTRAV

An article was once posted right here in OLO from a journalist who stated that in 1993, the sundry ethic lobby groups successfully lobbied the Federal Government to stop the ABS from compiling statistics related to ethnic crime. Truth must be suppressed. However, some idea of the extent of ethnic crime can be gleaned from the ABS's publication "Prisoners in Australia by Country of Birth." This publication clearly displayed that half a dozen ethnicities are very disproportionately represented in serious criminal behaviour. The NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics reported that in 2000, 55% of the handgun shootings in the entire state of NSW occurred within two notorious ethnic ghettoes.

But you won't find Don Aitken, the author of this article, telling you that. Oh no. What we get is Don's version of fake news which implies that somehow, Australia and it's population is at fault for not caring and sharing "equally" the wealth of this country with poor people. It is absolute rot.

In California, the Democrats became the State government and they encouraged the permissive society, porous borders, an assault on marriage, gender confusion, and they also encouraged welfare dependent and crime prone Hispanics to flood California. Because Hispanics and other welfare dependent minorities were guaranteed to vote the Democrats into power forever. The Dems increased taxes so much to buy the welfare dependent minorities vote that the productive people who payed all the taxes, started fleeing to Nevada and Texas at the rate of a million a year. Now California is in serious financial trouble, just like Detroit and Chicago, because leftists love unproductive and counter productive, welfare dependent minorities, and they hate productive white people, whom they squeeze until they flee. (White flight)

Crime, welfare, IQ, and ethnicity, are all linked.
Posted by LEGO, Sunday, 16 June 2019 6:41:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lego,

If that's what you thought I said, you're quite wrong. Sharing out the wealth of the richest is no cure for poverty. How did you get me supporting such rubbish?
Posted by Don Aitkin, Sunday, 16 June 2019 7:46:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Don Aitkin, after reading the last few entries on this topic I found myself out on a limb in understanding the discussion there-in, so I decided to go back to your 'header'.
I found some anomaly.
'poverty is seen as somehow wrong, in principal'.
Not sure of the point you are attempting to make, other than it's, 'wrong in principal'?
What 'principal' are you referencing?
No one is arguing that poverty is not wrong, either in fact, or in principal.
'and my political party, or yours, will end it, or at least reduce it'.
I applaud your candor and belief, but you don't supply any reasoning or explanation as to how this might be accomplished or achieved.
You may want to touch a little on 'how', 'they' will 'end or reduce it'.
As you can see, to some, it is possibly a very open ended statement.
Maybe there-in lies the problem to your submission and why you believe people like LEGO, 'may' have got it wrong
Posted by ALTRAV, Sunday, 16 June 2019 8:57:38 PM
The Australian Friday, October 14, 2016, page 5. "I Have Never Seen Crime So Bad Says Ex-Cop."

Ian Riddles, secretary of the Victorian Police Union, has warned that the streets of Melbourne are experiencing the worst criminal offending in 40 years. "We have regular car jacking, we have regular home invasions, assaults are up on our members, and then you have the threat of terrorism." "With the youth crime and the Apex gang and all that, it is a total lack of respect, but it also becomes a competition to see who can break into more houses, or steal the most cars."

Assault in Victoria is up 11.1% this year. Robberies have increased 14.2%. Dangerous acts endangering persons increased 23.1%, Burglary up 12.6%. Crime in Dandenong and Latrobe up by 16% and 8.6% respectively. Small business owner Joe Risoli (burgled six times) blamed politicians "focusing on political correctness over law and order."

Translating from fake news Newspeak, what this means is that black African crime in Melbourne is now out of control in Melbourne, exactly as predicted by LEGO and other racists. Of course, we can't say that because reality is racism. And racism is the "crime" that must be condemned and punished, not reality.

Writers like Don Atkin should be ashamed of themselves. They are selling out their own people and their own culture, a culture which just happens to be the best one ever invented. Pretending that their own culture or it's people are at fault for the existence of ever growing numbers of "poor" people is complete rubbish. There are reasons for poverty, and it has little to do with the culture of western free market people who believe in democracy and free speech. Unless you factor in the existence of people within that culture who hate it, wish to destroy it, or who have a compulsive need to virtue signal and pretend that they are better than everyone else in society because they are the true champions of the "poor" who are the victims of the "rich."

Stop importing "poverty" and crime.
Posted by LEGO, Monday, 17 June 2019 5:07:12 AM
Don Aitkin has been an academic and vice-chancellor.
LEGO,
I found this explanation from Aitkens' own heading. He is at least honest about his mentality !
Posted by individual, Monday, 17 June 2019 5:58:30 AM
I am getting more and more puzzled. What is 'Aitkin's own header' you refer to? The title simply says 'On Poverty'. I've used that style on a number of essays, such as 'On Inequality'. It doesn't carry any implications about the content or my views, other than if you read it you'll be reading about the concept called 'poverty'.

On the issue of 'principle' (not 'principal'). Perhaps I should have elaborated. As I see it, there is a view within the community (I don't share it) that in a country as wealthy as ours there should be no poverty at all, even if there is poverty in really poor countries like Somalia. That is the 'principle' I was referring to. My position, as set out in the essay, is that there will always be poverty of one kind or another, partly because it is a relative term (I am poorer than you etc), and that the devices I have seen proposed to end it, do not seem to me to be implementable in practice.

I thought what I had written was quite clear. Plainly, I erred. I hope this explanation helps.
Posted by Don Aitkin, Monday, 17 June 2019 10:18:33 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy