The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Religious freedom will be suffocated if ALP elected > Comments

Religious freedom will be suffocated if ALP elected : Comments

By Pat Byrne, published 17/5/2019

In 2013, the federal Labor government fundamentally changed the Act to make gender identity and sexual orientation protected attributes.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
YMBSM* OzSpen

Don't ya know a spoonful of Thorium a day keeps the Special doctor away?!

* means You Must Be Sh-ting Me
Posted by plantagenet, Saturday, 18 May 2019 3:04:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If parents want to indoctrinate their children in fantasies such as Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, God, Allah, Mohammed flying to Jerusalem, virgin birth or other religious nonsense they have a right to do this. However, they or their religious institution should pay the entire cost. Chaplains in the public schools and religious schools should not be financed by the taxes of taxpayers who do not subscribe to religious fantasies.
Posted by david f, Saturday, 18 May 2019 6:21:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
david f,

<<If parents want to indoctrinate their children in fantasies such as Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, God, Allah, Mohammed flying to Jerusalem, virgin birth or other religious nonsense they have a right to do this. However, they or their religious institution should pay the entire cost. Chaplains in the public schools and religious schools should not be financed by the taxes of taxpayers who do not subscribe to religious fantasies.>>

This is nothing more than your false representation of God, the virgin birth and the need for continuation of the Christian heritage on which this nation was founded - with the First Fleet.

You continue to pump out your Stawman Fallacy, http://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/169/Strawman-Fallacy
Posted by OzSpen, Saturday, 18 May 2019 6:51:11 PM
Dear OzSpen,

There is no true representation of God, the virgin birth and other Christian fantasies whether or not these superstitions are grounded in history. They are nonsense, and people who do not subscribe to that nonsense should not pay by their taxes for the promulgation of the rubbish. The nation was founded in an era when people were more grounded in superstition than they are now. Hopefully, there will be a greater separation of religion and state than there is now. However, I don’t think the Christian religion with its ignorance and superstition will disappear any time soon.
Posted by david f, Saturday, 18 May 2019 7:43:22 PM
Dear Alan,

«In the future, I'll thank you not to mischievously reinterpret my words, meaning or motives.»

An example, please...

«.Nobody can follow God given God is everywhere present.»

I would have thought that the presence of God should actually make it easier to follow!

The problem is not that you cannot follow God, but rather that you prefer to follow your own desires.

«Not in the constantly revised reworked and re-edited pages of ancient books...»

Have I mentioned any?

«If you would follow something? Why not the mighty irrefutable truth! And wherever you do that you will be following God!»

Indeed.

Now if something is subject to change, then surely that cannot be the mighty irrefutable truth. Nothing in this world is not subject to change, so better follow, at least try to follow, the changeless and everlasting.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Saturday, 18 May 2019 8:05:17 PM

Dear OzSpen,

You cited the gospel of John 15:18-20 in which the author claims to quote verbatim what Jesus is purported to have said more than 90 years earlier :

« If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first … that is why the world hates you … if they persecuted me, they will persecute you also … they will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me »

According to the historians, the Gospel of Mark probably dates from c. AD 66–70, Matthew and Luke around AD 85–90, and John AD 90–110.

Despite the traditional ascriptions, all four gospel authors are anonymous (the modern names were added in the 2nd century). None of the gospels were written by eyewitnesses. The so-called "John" is the only one to (falsely) claim to be an eyewitness. Like the rest of the New Testament, all four gospels were written in Greek.

The anonymous “John” does not appear to be a very credible source, to say the least. None of the earlier anonymous gospel authors back-up "John's" claim to the validity of the discourse that he presents as having been pronounced by Jesus.

If you have any evidence testifying to its validity, perhaps you would be so kind as to share it with us.

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Sunday, 19 May 2019 2:09:24 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy