The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Israel Folau and the problem of future knowledge > Comments

Israel Folau and the problem of future knowledge : Comments

By Jed Lea-Henry, published 15/5/2019

The details of what was said, what was breeched, who was offended, and what freedoms are protected, just don't matter when it comes to the question of what should be done about Israel Folau.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
This confused nonsense, is from the pen of a university product of our times, unable to recognise the consequences of "forced thinking" imposed on us with radical consequences such as with Folau.

It's a dominating madness with little logic. To excuse the imposition of a culture of gay abandon, BDSM festivals, gay Mardi Gras, usurpation of political power, by a godless twisted queer radical and dangerous political organisation, and present this alternative as a positive step forwards for society, then this author is actually a clown.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 9:54:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It does matter what was said, who said it and who was offended! It is fine for any radicalised cult member to hold any and as many radical ideas as he or she likes. But does not have an automatic right to radicalise others with his or her brainwashed from birth indoctrination. But particularly if that indoctrination is mostly passed on generational bull sh!te!

Moreover, the speaker in question was under a contractual obligation to keep his radical views to himself or out of the public area. Just as gay people are required when in the employ of this or that (don't ask don't tell) religious organisation.

Holding fast to any belief or assumption, the actual case, is not the problem. Just giving public voice to it when all the available irrefutable scientific and medical evidence says he and most of the religions that share this medieval brainwashed from birth view are wrong wrong wrong!

And tantamount to requiring a left-handed person to turn himself or herself into a right-handed person regardless of the fact they were born left-handed.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 15 May 2019 10:29:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm confused too. The High Court has found that there is an implied right to freedom of speech in our Constitution. Would that not make any restrictive "workplace agreement" unconstitutional and thus invalid?

And on what basis do the idiots who are trying to damage Folau think they have any right to dictate beliefs, speech and behaviour to the other 98 per cent of the population? Who put them in charge of the country?
Posted by calwest, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 12:22:03 PM
With his history of studying & teaching will o the wisp, pretend subjects, could you even hope for something & perhaps meaningful from him?
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 12:57:20 PM
It's not what Folau said that matters - it's the fact that he said it in his role as a prestigious football player with all the influence which that commands.
His error was in being perceived as speaking for an employer with whom he had an undertaking not to speak publicly on matters which could be within the purview of that employer.
He has an undisputed right to express his own beliefs but not with the implied endorsement of his employer.
Posted by Ponder, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 2:10:43 PM
Hi Ponder,

" ..... he had an undertaking not to speak publicly on matters which could be within the purview of that employer."

So lessons from the bible are 'within the purview of that employer' ? They go to the heart of Australian rugby ? How's that ?

As an atheist, I don't believe in hell or heaven, and I'd be surprised how many homosexuals do either. Maybe I'm wrong, and there are very many who feel dreadfully hurt by Folau's reminding them of what it actually says in their book. I would advise them respectfully to - if vou'll excuse the pun - suck it up.

As a straight, I'm offended by the notion of sodomy (but I'm aware that sodomy is not the only method for male homosexuals to achieve satisfaction). But that's their right. They also have the right to prance about in parades and promote sodomy etc., if they wish. Their rights to freedom of expression outweighs my right not to be offended. Fair enough.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 2:32:49 PM
No, Loudmouth,
You misunderstood what I was saying.
Lessons from the ficticious bible have nothing to do with the purview of Folau's employer, namely matters of football and its attendant peripherals.
Posted by Ponder, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 2:59:09 PM
to pretend that something Folau or anyone else posts on facebook represents your employee is idiotic. Just imagine all these silly little hollywood idols were held to account for their stupid gw statements, making all men out to be rapist and promotions of perversion. One man posts the truth and loses his job while numerous deviants post all kinds of nonsense and people applaud. Certainly like the days of Noah and Sodom and Gomorrah. Soon the deviants won't allow for parents to explain to their children what body parts were designed for.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 3:27:00 PM
Israel also said that Catholics are idolators; as a Catholic, I couldn't care less'
He has every right to express his opinion.

Apparently, every child who is involved in the stupid game is also bound by the rules not to say anything that goes against what the Masters have dictated and the same applies to their parents.

Free Speach, what's that?
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 4:12:13 PM
Like Terry Barnes, I'm sick and tired of this subject, which Shorten has made into an election issue.

Barnes writes:

“He’s merely a holier-than-though Twitter wowser and overpaid footballer for heaven’s sake, not bloody Sir Thomas More. We should stop treating him as if he is”.

Hear, bloody, hear. Get over it!
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 4:34:13 PM
I don't think this issue is about Israel Falou any more than it's about Alan Joyce.
I heard the gays are now turning on each other over it.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 21 May 2019 6:07:56 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy